New Music

DaneykoIsGod

Post some music that you like. The less likely it is that anyone on the board has ever heard it, the better.

I've been digging these guys lately, Genghis Con-Job. They're a SoCal biker rock band, a bunch of hairy fat guys just rockin their socks off. I downloaded their CD, To Hell In Black, from iTunes and it's replaced Death Magnetic as my favorite album to workout to. If you like it hard, fast and dirty, check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/genghisconjob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another band that will probably never grow bigger than their local scene. Fort is a damned good Aussie group that's usually labeled as "stoner rock." The vocalist is silky smooth while the band provides riffs that can be equally smooth while still packing a punch when needed. Here's a couple choice nugs.

White Sands of Brays

Fly

Hiding From the Humans

In A New Light

Here's another one: Five Horse Johnson. Solid blues-based rock band. I caught wind of these guys when the singer tagged along with Clutch for a tour (and subsequently an album) lending his harmonica skills.

IMO this is their best song.

I think this one actually got some radio time.

This is a collaboration between them and my boys Clutch. Damn good tune.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Dude that Mississppi King song was in one of the NHL 2k series. I want to say 06. Heh noticed it the second I saw the video.

Ha! No kidding. I never got into the 2K series so I never caught that. It already sounds like they have better soundtracks than their EA counterparts (the music in those games is a heaping pile of suck).

Damn good band.

Here's a really good song from a band called The Hold Steady (edit: this damn video isn't showing up, at least for me)

Kanye West returns to pre-808s & Heartbreak form here (meaning he no longer sounds like a whiny little b!tch)

Probably my favorite Kings of Leon song right now

I know I've posted their music here before, but anywhere I can turn more people on to the Dirty Pearls is a good thing

Edited by RSC

The Dirty Pearls ain't too shabby. That video you posted has gotten me to check out some of their other stuff (ah MySpace, all you're good for anymore is finding music). So far I'm really digging Happy New Year and Bruises.

And as long as we're posting our personal "the more people I can turn on to this band, the better" bands, here's the only reason why I have any faith in new music at all ... Clutch.

Here's one: Viking Skull. They're just a badass rock band. Pretty simple.

An interesting note ... their drummer is Jess Margera, brother of world-famous douchebag Bam Margera (who directed the first two videos below, as well as the one for The Mob Goes Wild in my last post). Jess also plays drums for CKY and supergroup The Company Band, which features members from Clutch, Fireball Ministry and Fu Manchu.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Foolsbane - Prog rock. Click on Music to hear.

Sonata Arctica - screw the haters on this board, this band rocks. Anything from Unia rules, still saving up to buy other albums and check em out

Rusted Satellites - only an LP, but more laid-back rock and roll for the most part. Matt Shearer's review on this page pretty much nailed it dead-on.

That Red Hot Mama song is a cover of an old P-Funk song, they do a pretty good job sounding like white boys trying to be funky there.

No kidding. I know Clutch has covered Howlin Wolf and John Coltrane before, so it really shouldn't be surprising that Parliament can be added to that eclectic list.

You can't out-funk the masters. Awesome stuff right there.

• 2 weeks later...

"Horehound" the debut album by The Dead Weather (Alison Mosshart, Dean Fertita, Jack White and Jack Lawrence) came out in Europe today and is coming out in North America tomorrow. You can listen to the entire thing for free on their facebook page. It's an awesome album, I really like the way they blended all of their styles while sounding completely fresh. So far it has decent reviews, really the main critique being that there isn't really a radio friendly song that will draw a ton of people, but who cares about that, the radio sucks anyway. Definitely one of my favorite bands now.

Check out their youtube page for some videos.