Thanks, Brent.

puckrock

Ive always known that Brent Sutter was a snake in the grass ,anyone on this forum shouldnt be so shocked to just find that out with his working his way out of one contract and getting another from another city/country.But we all know to and cant be so upset because we know Lou and the snake had to discuss their future and the teams future and Brent wanting to coach elsewhere and so happens Calagary being the interested party,so Lou had to grant them permission

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Something about this entire situation has my radar up and I'm anxious to see if my thoughts prove true in the end.

I read today that Calgary is supposed to make the official announcement tomorrow. If there's no compensation involved and Lou already granted his permission, why wouldn't they have just announced it already, or do it today?

Edited by MadDog2020

they were supposed to announce yesterday. my guess is lou and sutter(gm) are in talks for the compensation so that nhl does not have to interfere.

we'll probably get a second round pick from calgary. that's my guess.

It's either that, or Brent is dotting the i's and crossing the t's on his contract. If I was gonna guess why there's a delay, that would be the reason. I doubt we get anything in return and if we do, it'll be a 3rd or lower.

It would behoove any GM to befriend the Sutters. Think of this as another organization we have a slight hand in - even if they offer up nothing now, they owe us one - this adds to our allies when situations a la Malokov crop up.

What bugs me most is Sutter came here to get a handle on how to run a successful organization. How much did Lou share? How much did the little fvck learn? Nice he can sacrifice his manhood be a whiney pisswilly quitter and take one for the family.

I think his Sutter ego was probably detrimentally large and he didn't learn all he thought he did. He couldn't get a Cup for the organization so he obviously didn't learn all he needs to. He's chalked it up to good enough -- and that's good enough for me! :uni:

Edited by Pepperkorn

On the bright side, Calgary fans get to endure his wonderfully incisive press conferences instead of us.

How gross was that? "Excuse me Brent, can you please chew your cheek a little closer to the mic -- we can't quite get that chewing on live flesh message you're sending out there..." :puke: and I'm a cheek chewer myself. I usually keep it to the front lower lip in public though -- even then I look none too bright.

Too Jewish.

Anytime, I can quote Mel Brooks, I'm gonna take it!

Good one!!

I defended the guy a lot, but I overlooked a lot of his shady characteristics, like in his press conferences how he can never look anyone in the eye. He's always staring at the floor or off in the distance. The guy couldn't be trusted. We'd better get something in return for this guy, but whatever that is will probably be cursed too. How about they take Zubrus and Sutter or it's no deal.

i dont care that he is signing with another team, but i will be very mad if lou does not get any thing from the flames, btw, with a new coach do you think that means a new captain?

Langs proved he can be a good captain. I think whoever comes in will be comfortable with Langs keeping the C.

I defended the guy a lot, but I overlooked a lot of his shady characteristics, like in his press conferences how he can never look anyone in the eye. He's always staring at the floor or off in the distance. The guy couldn't be trusted. We'd better get something in return for this guy, but whatever that is will probably be cursed too. How about they take Zubrus and Sutter or it's no deal.

i agree with the zubrus deal, they must take him.

Langs proved he can be a good captain. I think whoever comes in will be comfortable with Langs keeping the C.

+1

Langs is the best captain I've seen on one of my teams other than Stevens, and maybe Charles Oakley.

how can anyone defend their statement of wanting to quit due to the job taking away too much from your family in one team, then sign up with another?

it doesnt matter what team one coaches/plays for, when there are 82 regular season games, plus playoffs (generally speaking), it doesnt matter if the team you work for is next door, the fact is, that eats up a -lot- of your time.

41 road games - check.

41 home games with practices, coaching, training camp etc etc - check.

either way, it all eats time. and when he was pulling on the family strings so much just to get out of his contract and then all of a sudden he is working for his brother?

what a crock of sh!t.

i hope the flames go down in flames next year.

fvckers.

Y'know, in fairness to Brent (which is probably the worst phrase one can use to start a post on this board today, but bear with me)...the whole 41 road games/how can he spend time with his family stuff is kind of ridiculous. There's an obvious travel time difference between New Jersey and Red Deer, and Calgary and Red Deer. If there's a family emergency, there's quite a difference between a 90 minute drive and a cross-continental flight.

In the end, it was obvious he didn't want to be here. Whatever. Maybe I'm too mellow, but I can't get all righteous and pissy over Brent. He was a coach - one that couldn't coax the team out of the first round of the playoffs - nothing more, nothing less. It's not Scott Gomez signing with the Rangers or something.

Y'know, in fairness to Brent (which is probably the worst phrase one can use to start a post on this board today, but bear with me)...the whole 41 road games/how can he spend time with his family stuff is kind of ridiculous. There's an obvious travel time difference between New Jersey and Red Deer, and Calgary and Red Deer. If there's a family emergency, there's quite a difference between a 90 minute drive and a cross-continental flight.

In the end, it was obvious he didn't want to be here. Whatever. Maybe I'm too mellow, but I can't get all righteous and pissy over Brent. He was a coach - one that couldn't coax the team out of the first round of the playoffs - nothing more, nothing less. It's not Scott Gomez signing with the Rangers or something.

I'm a Steelers fan. When Bill Cowher stepped down, citing that he wanted to spend more time with his family, I couldn't get on the man for it. Since resigning, he's stayed resigned. Sure, he does studio stuff on Sundays, but six days a week he's there with his wife and daughters doing exactly what he said he left Pittsburgh to do. Brent Sutter, on the other hand, took another coaching job faster than Mark Messier can draw a tear. I don't care if the Saddledome is in his back yard, he's full of crap.

But what gets me the most about all of this is that Sutter was supposed to be different. Lou chased him down for, what, two years (?) to be the coach who would lead us into our next era. When Sutter got here with his new playing style and reputation for developing young talent, it was supposed to be for the long haul. Hell, there was even speculation that he was being groomed to be Lou's successor!

He's a liar, he's a weasel, he sucked against the Rangers, he sucked in the playoffs and he had a stupid face.