USA Soccer

Devils Pride 26

• 3 weeks later...

twas an awesome game, great atmosphere.

Im booking for 2010 in a few weeks. Going to all of USA's group games at the least, and gonna climb Mt. Kilimanjaro after the WC.

Finally got my booking arranged. One of the biggest trips of my life. Africa + the World Cup. Can't wait. Going to Kenya after the Cup for 3 weeks for safari and Kilimanjaro climb. 2 months in Africa!

If anyone is interested:

http://www.sportstraveler.net/products/16_nights__june_10_26_courtyard_rosebank/1453.php?page_id=2045

The round of 16/semis/finals aren't covered in the package, but I probably wont attend any of those unless the US or England make it through, only doing England matches as one of my travel partners is English.

Finally got my booking arranged. One of the biggest trips of my life. Africa + the World Cup. Can't wait. Going to Kenya after the Cup for 3 weeks for safari and Kilimanjaro climb. 2 months in Africa!

If anyone is interested:

http://www.sportstraveler.net/products/16_nights__june_10_26_courtyard_rosebank/1453.php?page_id=2045

The round of 16/semis/finals aren't covered in the package, but I probably wont attend any of those unless the US or England make it through, only doing England matches as one of my travel partners is English.

Me too, and two other buddies.

I cannot wait.

How in God's name did you get this tour group too? What a coincidence.

How in God's name did you get this tour group too? What a coincidence.

It was recommended to me by a friend who was over there for the Confed Cup earlier this year. The main thing we wanted was something FIFA sponsored so as not to get screwed.

It was recommended to me by a friend who was over there for the Confed Cup earlier this year. The main thing we wanted was something FIFA sponsored so as not to get screwed.

Me too..........I cannot wait.

I missed out on Germany, even though I had saved for it.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

I was in Europe during the 2006 Cup, but didn't attend any matches as I was there on business. Was in Hamburg for a day and did get to see a US practice before the tournament began though. I was in Den Haag most of the time and always had something going on when the US' games were scheduled. The biggest problem was that my trip was basically last minute and it was too much of a hassle trying to get tickets/accomodations.

• 4 weeks later...

Draw on Friday.

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

I would like to see

Germany

New Zealand

Algeria

Slovenia

The US could end up in a group with Brazil and France.

You'll probably get your wish, as the Germans always seem to have luck in the draw ;)

Us Dutch will undoubtely end up with Portugal again. Oh, how I hate those guys...

Draw on Friday.

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

I know nothing about the criteria for seeding, but I read earlier in this thread that the US was supposedly going to get seeded by winning the CONCACAF group, obviously that was mistaken info :P

EDIT: nvm, misread the original post

Edited by Hasan4978

I know nothing about the criteria for seeding, but I read earlier in this thread that the US was supposedly going to get seeded by winning the CONCACAF group, obviously that was mistaken info tongue.gif

EDIT: nvm, misread the original post

The first group is based on world rankings and who Blatters drinking buddies are. The host country automatically gets a first seed as well. Al others groups are put together based on geography.

The first group is based on world rankings and who Blatters drinking buddies are. The host country automatically gets a first seed as well. Al others groups are put together based on geography.

The US was seeded in '94?

Praying the US and Denmark avoid eachother in the whole tourney.

I want at the Italians again.

Well, France actually doesn't belong on this WC at all. I am wishing for a quick World Cup exit for them.

Agreed. While I dont necessarily support the Irish claims of wanting in and all that, the French entry is dubious at best. I hope they get throttled during the group stages.

Portugal annoy me too. Especially that prick Maniche for some reason. I just want to hit him. Go to hell, Maniche.