Martin: Players want a coach who wants to be here

Rock

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/06...-here.html#more

"Obviously, if he's not happy away from his family and doesn't want to be there, as players we want someone that wants to be the coach of the team, that wants to be all in," Martin said. "We don't want someone who doesn't know if they want to be there or not. So, you wish him the best. He's taken the Calgary job, so it's closer to home for him, so he'll like that. Obviously, there's family there, so I'm sure there will be more comfortable there and it's better that he's doing this now rather the closer to [next season], so we can try to find a coach."

Madden has already stated that he intends to test the unrestricted free agent market on July 1, so I asked him if he would be interested in playing for Sutter again in Calgary if things didn't work out with the Devils.

"Yeah, I'd know what to expect,": he said. "I had one of my best seasons under Brent (2007-08). I had my best season under Brent. And you might look at my numbers last year and say, 'You struggled last year', but I struggled last year, but I still played a lot. I played a lot because I was doing things. Pucks just weren't going in the net for me. That's not just my observation. That's a lot of people's observation. So, I look forward to having a similar season as far as the amount of ice I take up and I'll put some better numbers next year."

'You struggled last year', but I struggled last year, but I still played a lot. I played a lot because I was doing things. Pucks just weren't going in the net for me.

Ok Madden I like you as a player but go somewhere else and get that ice time and leave the ice time here for those who can put the puck in the net. That first line of the Devils can put the puck in the net and are no slouches on the other end of the ice either.

what's with Madden saying things twice. Saying things twice with a little added on. A little add on of something - of something he might want to add on -- to add on so he says things twice he says things twice but they're new thoughts - new thoughts like going to a new team going to a new team but not new because he knows what he's getting into...

:doh1: poor Johnny boy.... he thinks we hate him - thinks we the fans hate him and he wants out. He wants out so he feels loved somewhere new. He'll feel loved somewhere new.

It's time for some new faces here in NJ, and for some old faces from here to get a change in scenery. I wouldn't mind maddog being here, he's solid defensively and a true team player. But, I don't think we miss him any more than say Holik when he went away either, and let's be honest, he's looking for a big pay raise and a long term deal, and at this stage in his career, his skills will only diminish, so I'd much rather see Lou spend that money elsewhere - too many mediocre players here making substantially more than mediocre money (zubris, gio, madden, pando, white, etc.). This team needs a little shake up and some new blood and attitude, otherwise, 1st round exits will become the norm.

otherwise, 1st round exits will become the norm.

It is our norm to lose in the 1st round.... or to get to the 2nd round and lose in 5 games... That said, I hope we can get one more hot streak with Brodeur.

2009 - 1st round exit in 7

2008- 1st round exit in 5

2007- 2nd round exit in 5

2006- 2nd round exit in 5

2004- 1st round exit in 5

2003- STANLEY CUP :)

2002- 1st round exit in 6

2001- Finals exit in 7

2000- STANLEY CUP :)

1999- 1st round exit in 7

1998- 1st round exit in 6

1997- 2nd round exit in 5

1996- We sucked ass

1995- STANLEY CUP :)

1994- 3rd round exit in 7

1993- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 5

1992- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 7

1991- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 7

1990- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 6

1989 We sucked ass

1988 Lost Wales Confernce finals in 7

Edited by aylbert

It is our norm to lose in the 1st round.... or to get to the 2nd round and lose in 5 games... That said, I hope we can get one more hot streak with Brodeur.

2001- Finals exit in 7

1996- We sucked ass

1995- STANLEY CUP :)

1994- 3rd round exit in 7

1993- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 5

1992- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 7

1991- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 7

1990- Lost Patrick Divison semis in 6

1989 We sucked ass

1988 Lost Wales Confernce finals in 7

crap, when you lay it out like that, you're right, that is the norm - wow that sucks - crap, why did I think we were better than that? must be all the regular season division leader seasons or something

damn, the more I look at that, the more I say OVERHAUL time.

2001- Finals exit in 7 -RIPPED OFF ! :rant: