You know you miss the Devils hockey season when..

Colin226

I was sitting at home doing some work on this boring Monday when I got the idea to post this.. I had always been a Devils fan who went to a few games and checked up on the team every other week or so, but ever since December I've become a super fan focussing a lot of thought on the team.. So this summer is the first time I actually am upset I have to wait for the new hockey season, because normally it's not something I think about.. So:

1. You listen to "The Hey Song" everyday (this inspired me to make the thread)

2. You get excited when Hell's Bells plays on the radio

3. You go on YouTube to watch the intro videos and highlights from past seasons

4. You drive out of your way to work so you can catch a glimpse of the Prudential Center (my secret shame)

5. You have recurring dreams about being at games and/or about playing for the team

Add more!! If you need some inspiration just watch the video linked below (I posted it before but I just love it)...

Awesome Devils 08' - 09' season highlights

Edited by Colin226

I was sitting at home doing some work on this boring Monday when I got the idea to post this.. I had always been a Devils fan who went to a few games and checked up on the team every other week or so, but ever since December I've become a super fan focussing a lot of thought on the team.. So this summer is the first time I actually am upset I have to wait for the new hockey season, because normally it's not something I think about.. So:

1. You listen to "The Hey Song" everyday (this inspired me to make the thread)

2. You get excited when Hell's Bells plays on the radio

3. You go on YouTube to watch the intro videos and highlights from past seasons

4. You drive out of your way to work so you can catch a glimpse of the Prudential Center (my secret shame)

5. You have recurring dreams about being at games and/or about playing for the team

Add more!! If you need some inspiration just watch the video below (I posted it before but I just love it)...

Something wrong with the video link bro...

How 'bout if you check NJDevs.com every hour or so at work in hopes that you'll see that a coach got named, or a free agent re-signed, or ANYTHING that would qualify as some sort of news.

And I will definitely be wasting a lot of time on free agency day Wednesday, haha.

That video gets me all misty eyed. UGHHH. I can't wait. When ever I look out the window upstairs or I'm at my aunt's house across the street, I look out to Prudential Center across the bay and it gets me all excited for September/October. Also I see it everytime I come home with Andrew because it's right there from 1&9 on the way to Bayonne. :D

Things that make me miss them:

When ever I listen to any song played during warmups (Hell - Foo Fighters, What I Want - Daughtry etc). I like to ride the bike at the gym to the warmup playlist sometimes.

Being at the Rock Friday and sitting in the seats.

Looking at the calendars on the wall as well as my jerseys hanging off the closet.

Looking at the 8x10 picture of Clarkson and myself that hangs above my computer.

Wearing my Devils shirts with no game to go to is rather disappointing.

yeahhh.... little things. hahaa

this video is good too!

Edited by cupcake23

I made DAMN SURE I went to the draft party cause I missed all my Devils peeps.. and it was great to see most of ya's last week (though it made me miss the season more :evilcry: :evilcry: )

I have about 15-20 "gameday" mp3's I still can't listen to... to steal the line... "not... ready... yet... still hurts...."

I do all of those things but add listening to Yanni Standing In Motion and watching Devils YouTube videos. Man I love summer but I hate it as well.

OMG! I LOVE THAT SONG.. I never knew what it's name was and I was listening to the song thinking "okay wtf does this have to do with the Devils" and all of a sudden it got to the part the Devils use and the biggest smile came across my face.. Thank you for that!

OMG! I LOVE THAT SONG.. I never knew what it's name was and I was listening to the song thinking "okay wtf does this have to do with the Devils" and all of a sudden it got to the part the Devils use and the biggest smile came across my face.. Thank you for that!

No problem. If you buy it on iTunes, get the one thats "Acroyali/ Standing in Motion" from the Yanni Live at the Acropolis album. After like 2 minutes, its the same exact one that the Devils use. The first two minutes are totally pointless and then you hear the Devils part and its just amazing. Back in the day the Devils used the later part of the song and you can hear it in the background in

when Matt and Chico are talking. Everytime I hear that song, it just gives me chills.

No problem. If you buy it on iTunes, get the one thats "Acroyali/ Standing in Motion" from the Yanni Live at the Acropolis album. After like 2 minutes, its the same exact one that the Devils use. The first two minutes are totally pointless and then you hear the Devils part and its just amazing. Back in the day the Devils used the later part of the song and you can hear it in the background in

when Matt and Chico are talking. Everytime I hear that song, it just gives me chills.

I'm pretty sure they were using it as far back as 1995-96. I think the 95 Cup highlight film they played at the opener used that song. Can't be sure, so long ago. Needless to say, when they started using it at the Rock, i was pretty damn happy.

i know i miss the devils when i play hockey and just have to rock a devils jersey and when you get to the rock about 7-8 hours before the draft party just to recall what the rock looks like

Nice :evil:

And welcome to the boards

Gotta add my love for that Yanni song. That said, I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it since the season ended. It's just so intense and gets me pumped up, but then, I realize we don't have another game til September, and that'll just be preseason, lol. I don't think I'll even watch my own video for it until the regular season's about to start, lol. Is it fall yet?

I've come to appreciate the whole CD. I used to keep it in my car just so I could listen to that song while driving to and from work. Now I keep it in my baby's room. My son falls asleep to it every night in his crib. It comes on right after his CD of lullabies.

So, yeah, I miss Devils hockey.

Edited by 95Crash

I've come to appreciate the whole CD. I used to keep it in my car just so I could listen to that song while driving to and from work. Now I keep it in my baby's room. My son falls asleep to it every night in his crib. It comes on right after his CD of lullabies.

That's a heartwarming story

That's so freaking adorable. :D

• 3 weeks later...