Comprehensive Free Agent Signing Thread

njdevil26

Happy free agent day everyone!

I thought, in a hopeful attempt to make things look organized around here, that we could do all of our free agency discussion in this thread.

Post signings WITH LINKS for confirmation.

Clearly label RUMORS as RUMORS.

Devils signings should get separate threads. (As if we're actually signing everyone :unsure: )

Good sites for confirmations:

www.tsn.ca

www.sportsnet.ca

www.nhl.com

Good sites for rumors:

www.thefourthperiod.com

www.hockeybuzz.com

www.hfboards.com

MAJOR SIGNINGS AND DEVIL SIGNINGS SHOULD GET THEIR OWN THREAD

- 11:15 AM- The Sedin brothers re-sign in Vancouver. 5 years, 6.1 million per year each.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283415

- 12:23 PM- Mattias Ohlund signs with Tampa. 3.75 million, 7 years.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11850

- 12:45 TSN-Moderator: Florida has re-signed Radek Dvorak. Two years for 3.4 million total.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11850

- 1:15 TSN-Moderator: Toronto signs Colton Orr, 4 years at 1mm per

- 1:15 THE DEVILS HAVE RE-SIGNED ANDY GREENE

- 1:45 TSN-Moderator: Florida has signed David Booth to a six-year deal worth $25.5 million

- 1:55 TSN-Moderator: Craig Anderson to Colorado

- 2:00 TSN: Chicago signs Marian Hossa. Terms undisclosed (I hear 12 years, 5mm per.)

- 2:05 TSN: Lightning sign Matt Walker. 4 years 1.7 mm per.

- 2:10 Ty Conklin has agreed to a 2 year deal with the St. Louis Blues. Average $1.3 for two years (per strickland of HB)

Edited by njdevil26
Add Extra Instructions

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea i am lost because there is too much treads

That's what I figure because that's what happens to me.

I'll be sitting at work all day at the computer so what I'm gonna try to do is see when there's a signing and update my original post with it so everything is right there.

Happy free agent day everyone!

I thought, in a hopeful attempt to make things look organized around here, that we could do all of our free agency discussion in this thread.

Post signings WITH LINKS for confirmation.

Clearly label RUMORS as RUMORS.

Devils signings should get separate threads. (As if we're actually signing everyone :unsure: )

Good sites for confirmations:

www.tsn.ca

www.sportsnet.ca

www.nhl.com

Good sites for rumors:

www.thefourthperiod.com

www.hockeybuzz.com

www.hfboards.com

MAJOR SIGNINGS AND DEVIL SIGNINGS SHOULD GET THEIR OWN THREAD

Wow, you have to be the first person I've seen use the "reason for edit" option! Congrats!! :P

but seriously... thanks for the links.. today is going to be mayhem so you'll be lucky to keep all of the off-topic free agent signings in here.. theres bound to be alot of people posting "KOIVU SIGNS _YEAR DEAL, WORTH_ TO WILD" threads

edit: ah major signings get their own thread.. gotcha ;)

Edited by nmigliore

So I'm ready to go. I was getting an HIDA scan on my gall bladder and liver for the past few hours.

So here's my plan.

I will be tracking signings. When I see one, I will post a new reply for it and add it to my list that will be in the original post with the time, signing, and confirmation link.

If someone catches a signing before I do, post a reply in here and I'll add it to the list up top.

To start things off, here are some Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumors:

The Habs expect to keep Kovalev

Flyers attempting to keep Knuble

Komisarek to NJ, NYI, Dallas

Havlat to LA?

The Sedin brothers to TO?

A few other rumors:

Obviously taken with a grain of salt but fun to discuss

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)/Are-...r-Today/1/21896

To start things off, here are some Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumors:

The Habs expect to keep Kovalev

Flyers attempting to keep Knuble

Komisarek to NJ, NYI, Dallas

Havlat to LA?

The Sedin brothers to TO?

A few other rumors:

Obviously taken with a grain of salt but fun to discuss

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)/Are-...r-Today/1/21896

LOL, this post isn't even 10 minutes old and its already wrong (Sedins re-signed with VAN).

Don't waste your time with Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) he is never right. You might as well just pick names out of a hat.

LOL, this post isn't even 10 minutes old and its already wrong (Sedins re-signed with VAN).

Don't waste your time with Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) he is never right. You might as well just pick names out of a hat.

Haha I know that the rumors never pan out. Strickland is usually on the ball but Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is terrible. I just think they are fun to think about.

Great signing for the Canucks. These guys are two of the most productive players in the game.

I don't get to watch too much Canucks hockey so I am certainly not up to date on the Sedins. But I'll believe you. They don't seem to have too much forward depth though.

No surprise here. I'm not sure they are each worth 6 mil dollars though. This may have been a mistake by the Canucks.

Not a mistake at all, there is no one on the FA market who could replace either of them, and certainly not for less money for the same quality.

Then the only alternative is through trade , which only weakens any depth you have on the remaining roster.