GOMEZ WAS BIG APPLE DISASTER

MadDog2020

"Al Kaholick wrote:

I agree with every poster who feels Sather has no plan. why was Gomez so good in NJ? Because they have a great GM who has installed a system and wins even with a low payroll. If Lamoriello was the GM with the Rangers and had MSG type money to spend, the Blueshirts would be in the Red Wings cataegory. Slats is a dinosaur.'

:lol:

lol at one poster: "yay Sather is a genius, now we can sign some big name free agents"

yeah, sign some more free agents and overpay them and then trade one after a year or 2; lather, rinse and repeat! Sather's strategy is really working!

Edited by nmigliore

"Al Kaholick wrote:

I agree with every poster who feels Sather has no plan. why was Gomez so good in NJ? Because they have a great GM who has installed a system and wins even with a low payroll. If Lamoriello was the GM with the Rangers and had MSG type money to spend, the Blueshirts would be in the Red Wings cataegory. Slats is a dinosaur.'

:lol:

haven't the devils been just below the cap for years?

That's hilarious. :lol: But it still pisses me off seeing Ranger fans so happy.

i agree...their joy is the one negative...

i hope i run in to scott one day, i'll ask him how he liked his time on the "biggest stage".

lol at one poster: "yay Sather is a genius, now we can sign some big name free agents"

yeah, sign some more free agents and overpay them and then trade one after a year or 2; lather, rinse and repeat! Sather's strategy is really working!

classic...

Yeah, there's no point trading out Gomez just to sign Gaborik or Havlat to an other huge contract. The upgrade's there(Players skills ect.) but.. Cap wise, it isn't the best.

I like when Rangers fans says that Lou once fvcked up with the cap. Yes, but it was right after the new CBA. Lou adjusted to the new rules..

I mean, not even a summer ago, Glenn fvcked up again the Rangers by re-signing Redden and Roszy.

I like when Rangers fans says that Lou once fvcked up with the cap. Yes, but it was right after the new CBA. Lou adjusted to the new rules..

Lou took alot of unwarranted heat for the 3M's, but at the time they were the best available players on the market and Lou reacted as soon as Nieds threw us a curve by signing for lower $ to sign in Anaheim.

But, even with this "error" we still made the playoffs, Sather can not say the same.

Edited by MantaRay

"Al Kaholick wrote:

In the last 4 years both have been playing by the same rules, spent the same amount of money - and have the same results.

From Letsgorangers in NY Post comments:

"Are you trying to tell us that Lou Lamoriello is a better GM than Glen Sater, and the Devils are run better than the Rangers????"

If they REALLY think Sather is a better GM than Lou, then they are even dumber than both Sather himself and Dolan. :lol:

Reason is because even though the Devils are no longer a cup favorite, they have been a good for the last 15 years. Pre-lockout the Rangers we an absolute mess.

Since the lockout the teams have performed the same, and currently are in the same boat - good but not good enough.

Reason is because even though the Devils are no longer a cup favorite, they have been a good for the last 15 years. Pre-lockout the Rangers we an absolute mess.

Since the lockout the teams have performed the same, and currently are in the same boat - good but not good enough.

The only reason I disagree is because the Rangers have made splashy signings - this enables them to talk big talk and then the seasons kind of amount to epic failure.

The Devils polish the turd and have a great regular season and then save the truly epic failure for playoffs.

So it doesn't amount to quite the same --

Basically the general objective taste in the leagues mouth = Devils exceed expectations, the Rags disappoint.

Edited by Pepperkorn