Clemmer's a Panther

Beezer34

Good luck to him. I doubt he'll see much more time down there backing up Vokoun than if he stayed in NJ but the money is good for him and they have great weather down there during hockey season.

i disagree; i think he'll see more games in florida.. its also interesting that florida signed him for 3 years instead of 1 or 2.. looks like they hope they can catch lightning in a bottle?

but at worst he should see some good playing time if he plays behind vokoun

i have a feeling we'll re-up on Weekes, and i dont have a problem with that.. even when he was getting sat for clemmer he never complained and was always humble and soft-spoken. Seems like a 'team-guy', even though he might not get much time in goal.

Good Luck Scott...and please let us not resign Weekes

Oh? What's your grand plan?

If the Anderson/Vokoun situation of last season is any indication, I think Scotty'll have a great shot at playing fairly often for them. Vokoun has been injury-prone since '06, so splitting netminding duties makes sense down there.

Wow that is a lot of money for a guy with half a decent NHL season under his belt. Can't fault the Devils for not wanting to pay that.

Makes you realize that we need to start searching for Marty's heir though. He only has three years left on his deal.

Just getting in and processing all the news. I have to say that I feel great for Clemmer. He finally gets the security and the money he always wanted. You never hope someone gets hurt, but if Marty never gets hurt...well Scott is probably playing in the minors for the rest of his career.