Gionta signs with Montreal.

DevilinLA

I'll never forget that time he skated in with the puck, and shot it from the blue line into the goalie's chest.

LOL...

$5 million a season? Really? Gainey knows his goal totals have been declining every year, right?

I'll never forget that 48 goal season, though. That was incredible. Thanks Gio.

Edited by Kulags

Wow, I love Gio as much as the next guy but this is beyond ridiculous. $25 million for a guy that's only broken 25 goals once in his career?! I guess Gainey and Sather are competing for the worst GM of the league award.

Twitter post of the day:

@GrossMisconduct: Sather and Gainey are in a knife fight to see who can out-stupid the other.

At the going rates... I wish we found a way to keep Gio. Maybe 5M was bit high, but really, in comparison to the rest of the league, he just might be worth it. He is fast. He has great hands. He goes to the net. He has his heart in the game.... I really wish we could have kept him, and have no doubt he willl do VERY well in Montreal. Brian, all the best and good luck (unless you play NJ in the playoffs, then go to hell, better yet, let us send you there!).

At the going rates... I wish we found a way to keep Gio. Maybe 5M was bit high, but really, in comparison to the rest of the league, he just might be worth it. He is fast. He has great hands. He goes to the net. He has his heart in the game.... I really wish we could have kept him, and have no doubt he willl do VERY well in Montreal. Brian, all the best and good luck (unless you play NJ in the playoffs, then go to hell, better yet, let us send you there!).

I wish Gio the best as well but gotta move on. We've always wanted youth to get a chance, so here it is! i'm looking forward to it.

Absurd money for someone whose numbers have been trending the wrong way for a while now. I didn't want him back. Good for him getting his money, but I can't see him living up to it.

The 48-goal season was fun, but the last two seasons COMBINED saw him net far less than that, and like others have noted I won't miss all of the missed scoring opportunities. I think this group needs some new blood anyway...I have some good memories regarding both Gio and Madden, but it's time for some change.