Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

I won't go more then 12... when you do you totally contaminate the draft pool and have zero depth at that point

I guess if we see the total interest in here... two leagues are possible....

16!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No team should be able to survive that unless you picked up every correct sleeper. That shouldn't be an argument to have absurd depth.

Well you can get one or two... and believe it or not I started making a run behind Tashard Choice and the FB guy in Denver who got hot... but I came up one week short

That pick is one for the history books then. But I am sure you will keep bringing it up.

If I can keep bringing up the Bledsoe pick I can damn sure mention Mister Washington!

16!

Not on my watch :P

Not on my watch :P

Depending on sign ups, 16 should be perfectly fine. Especially with the dilution of running backs. There are plenty of wide receivers... and there are great QB's out there; maybe they won't all be sitting on the bench in reserve roles. TE would be weaker... but thats a drafting choice.

Edited by aylbert

Depending on sign ups, 16 should be perfectly fine. Especially with the dilution of running backs. There are plenty of wide receivers... and there are great QB's out there; maybe they won't all be sitting on the bench in reserve roles. TE would be weaker... but thats a drafting choice.

You can say and feel that.... it's nifty... as commish I am stomping a lock on it at 12

hell if we have 16 people 2 leagues of 8 is just fine too :)

(my ideal number is 10)

How about 32 teams and IDP's?

Just sayin' :whistling:

Man your woman seriously pissed you off today, you've been a pain in the ass across the internets :P

With priority going to those who have done the league in years past

How many people are officially signed up so far?

How about 32 teams and IDP's?

Just sayin' :whistling:

What's wrong with IDP's?

Nothing, but Crasher hates them.

It all depends on how they're scored...if you count tackles and little stuff like that, then it's the race to see who can grab the best ILB, but otherwise it's more or less a total crapshoot.

Gotcha...I'm in a league that counts every 3 IDP tackles as a point, so its pretty fair.

ESPN has an option for head coaches, you know.

How many people are officially signed up so far?

No one... I didn't start the league yet :P

I won the HF league last year, if Has remembers he dominated all season and then I went on a giants like run. :lol: I wouldn't blame you crash if your too scared to let me in! :P

Nope, I pay respect to those who participated in season's past first :P

No one... I didn't start the league yet :P

Nope, I pay respect to those who participated in season's past first :P

OK well how many people from last year have told you they're in?

OK well how many people from last year have told you they're in?

you're reading the thread now :lol:

the fact that I even mentioned starting the league and it's still JULY is kinda ground breaking for me

I'm more a last second down to the wire kinda guy B )

I'm on the fence about it this year. My work obligations are going to kick into overdrive earlier this year (mid-August), plus I'm going away on vacation for August 14-23 and that will probably cause some serious draft drama.

I'll give a final answer when it gets closer... but if you don't hear from me, Crash, please send me a PM and we'll sort all this out. I'd hate to have to "redshirt" a season, as it were, 'cause it'll probably happen next year, too (wedding + honeymoon right in the same time). Maybe I'll just go total auto-draft but specify what players I absolutely do not want drafted...

I want to get this going... If I'm picking high, Im trading out of the 1st round... just to throw that out there ;)

PATIENCE!!!!

Save all the rushing and freaking out to Has!! :lol:

any more room in this league or no? The league im usually in my friend wants to charge 75$ jsut to get in a league with 14 ppl...i told him hes fvcking insane lol

any more room in this league or no? The league im usually in my friend wants to charge 75$ jsut to get in a league with 14 ppl...i told him hes fvcking insane lol

Remember that part I said about chilling out and waiting till the board awards end?? B )

I pay more for a 10 person league, so there :P

We should spend this lull time to make efficient drafting procedures. I got completely screwed in the first round last year because of a long ass wait, then a speedy bunch of picks, then a late night pick, and I couldn't get time to check the board until lunch at work...

This is also true

and does anyone have a good idea/thought for this?

I love the way we do the draft. My problem comes with the "best available" if you miss your pick. Even a 3rd best available or something would be better, no reason why they should get a good player when they didn't bother to draft (mainly of course I say that because of the people who just didn't bother to draft at all.

After that I'd say look into quicker picking times based on availability...get something organized in the way of "hot times" people are on and streamline the picking times for that while still regarding the "down times" when most people aren't on (like 1am to 7am)...

maybe even have everyone come up with a "top 10" of players they want in case they get stuck away from the computer....