Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

Try for a live draft?

It will NEVER happen as long as I run this draft

the message board version of sorta-real-time drafting is maybe the most fun I have on Devs all year!!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try for a live draft?

It will NEVER happen as long as I run this draft

the message board version of sorta-real-time drafting is maybe the most fun I have on Devs all year!!

Hell, its entertaining when you're not even in the league! :lol:

I love the way we do the draft. My problem comes with the "best available" if you miss your pick. Even a 3rd best available or something would be better, no reason why they should get a good player when they didn't bother to draft (mainly of course I say that because of the people who just didn't bother to draft at all.

After that I'd say look into quicker picking times based on availability...get something organized in the way of "hot times" people are on and streamline the picking times for that while still regarding the "down times" when most people aren't on (like 1am to 7am)...

maybe even have everyone come up with a "top 10" of players they want in case they get stuck away from the computer....

I agree with the idea that everyone makes a top 10 list.

People who know they are going to be away always know to PM me ... or Brian (based on if I pick before them) and send a list of players and the problems with it... go away :P

We're kinda good at this by now kids B )

<---I'm Brian, for those of you who may not know.

Eveyrone should provide a means of communication by which they can be most reliably reached. Text, board PM, E-mail, whatever. If said person is slacking (defined as 70% through their alloted time with no activity, with the hours of 1AM-7AM not counted for those of us who do try and sleep), they get a warning. They get one more at 90% through the time. Then they are referred to a list. Their first choice should be a list that was sent in. Then there's the Yahoo pre-defined "projected" list. That's something like three safety checks you can put in to avoid the dreaded auto-pick.

The only thing I'm unsure about...when someone no-shows my live draft, I make an effort to fill all starting positions before going to bench players. Considering that a lot of people win and lose seasons in the 6-10th rounds, that's a huge penalty to lose a 7th round on an above-average tight end that you probably could have had later in the draft, then an 8th round pick on a defense that may be good, and a 9th round on a kicker. Opinions on that?

I've always been of the mindset that you SHOULD be penalized for not being able to live up to your obligations

anyone who joins a league with any type of live draft is OBLIGATED to be there and help that draft move along as easily as possible

if you DO NOT live up your part of the deal (now calling and giving notice is a way of living up to it)... then you should not be rewarded

and if you get stuck with the guy who was a top 10 listed player that broke every bone in his leg... TOUGH sh!t!!!!!!!

That is the kinda penalty you deserve for screwing up the draft for everyone else :P

I love the way we do the draft. My problem comes with the "best available" if you miss your pick. Even a 3rd best available or something would be better, no reason why they should get a good player when they didn't bother to draft (mainly of course I say that because of the people who just didn't bother to draft at all.

Except that eight out of ten times autopicks suck, either they're of overrated or injured players, or they're at a position you've already picked (like say QB). So they're generally not a reward, except if you were going to pick said player anyway.

Seriously CRASHER, just start the thing like three weeks before the season at least (usually it's around two-two and a half weeks and we're always rushing at the end)...last year you had to go to a autospeed end of the draft without half the people knowing. I can keep up with just about anything but not everyone else can.

Edited by Hasan4978

We should get the sign ups done (no harm in making the list... dont worry about draft order just yet)... then figure out hot times (and if some can't be around for it... provide lists, etc)

Maybe send some txt msgs/emails etc to get things going...

Except that eight out of ten times autopicks suck, either they're of overrated or injured players, or they're at a position you've already picked (like say QB). So they're generally not a reward, except if you were going to pick said player anyway.

Seriously CRASHER, just start the thing like three weeks before the season at least (usually it's around two-two and a half weeks and we're always rushing at the end)...last year you had to go to a autospeed end of the draft without half the people knowing. I can keep up with just about anything but not everyone else can.

Which is why I like the penalty of it... enjoy Larry Johnson assmunch!!! :P

and if Manta hadn't taken three days to pick his draft position we'd have been fine B )

... just to squash the revisionist history!!

We should get the sign ups done (no harm in making the list... dont worry about draft order just yet)... then figure out hot times (and if some can't be around for it... provide lists, etc)

Maybe send some txt msgs/emails etc to get things going...

I agree...not knowing whether I'm in or not is killing me! Now I know what awaits me when I'm waiting for responses for colleges :P

weren't the random numbers just determining what position we got to pick our position...example, and I forget, whoever got picked first got to choose first what spot they picked in...so they could've chosen to have the 3rd spot in the draft or 5th or whatever..

weren't the random numbers just determining what position we got to pick our position...example, and I forget, whoever got picked first got to choose first what spot they picked in...so they could've chosen to have the 3rd spot in the draft or 5th or whatever..

Correct...we probably need a 24-hour time limit on that too this year so CRASHER doesn't have any excuses :P

I don't mind picking your spot though I think everyone pretty much settled for their current position except CRASHER who likes the back-to-back picks and dropped to 12.

I've always been of the mindset that you SHOULD be penalized for not being able to live up to your obligations

That is the kinda penalty you deserve for screwing up the draft for everyone else :P

this

Except that eight out of ten times autopicks suck,

Or the guy in front of me gets my next wish list player auto picked to his team! :argh:

Are we going to get dates for this? Because I am going to be interning in Miami pretty soon, I might need to send Crasher a list of players or something.

Hawaii, Miami...damn man, you live the good life :P

I officially restarted the league and those who had email addresses registered with yahoo, should have emails shortly to come back in... I think only dr33 does not have an email address registered... this is simply the courtesy period for those who were in the league in the past to get back into the league and be setup before we let the noobs attack the thing... let the pre-trauma-trauma BEGIN!!!!!!!!! B )

I officially restarted the league and those who had email addresses registered with yahoo, should have emails shortly to come back in... I think only dr33 does not have an email address registered... this is simply the courtesy period for those who were in the league in the past to get back into the league and be setup before we let the noobs attack the thing... let the pre-trauma-trauma BEGIN!!!!!!!!! B )

Noobs who, if are entered in to the league, will kick your sorry ass! B )

Can we post a quick update in the main forum... I know a lot of people don't check here until its too late...

Trying to minimize draft drama this year :)

I should shoot dr a PM

The rest should have gotten an email like you did.... not like I won't harrass Brian and LCB elsewhere anyway.... I think we are well accounted for... if people don't get on the program by Monday I'll get on them.... I hate nagging people :P

Noobs who, if are entered in to the league, will kick your sorry ass! B )

Considering the draft history of some fellow Cowboys fans *coughUNDERDOGcough* should not be that hard!!

You know we could twitter this draft

CMON TWITTER!

Twittwer can suck my skany soaking wet ass after a night of hockey :P

Bring on the pre-drama!!

Once all teams are set, the lottery begins!!