Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

Thing is everyone else can say the same thing though, we all drafted under the same rules last year.

Well, you can say CRASHER might have had an advantage if he knew he wanted to add a keeper this year. I don't know if his draft bears that out...maybe it does with Jones, Rodgers and Gonzalez in Rounds 8-10.

I hadn't had the idea of a keeper passed on to me until about week 15 in Sun... but I was drinking my ass off (thank you Cowboys :P)... and kinda forgot about it until it got mentioned in the other 2 leagues this month.... if you go back through my draft history Aaron Rodgers is the kinda guy I always take there (I had him in all 4 of my leagues last year too) Gonzalez was me hoping Harrison fell off the map and I don't even know which Jones that was now

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the main point lies in the value of sleepers. I know from experience that if I had the mind set of a keeper league I would pay more attention in the later rounds especially when the flex position comes into play. Keeper rules would definitely make me pick a young RB with potential over a decent WR I could use at the flex spot for season but again I'm good for whatever...

and you have to see where the votes go. You are almost guaranteed the top three spots getting the keeper votes (no chance whoever drafted AP is letting him go with a chance of getting a worse draft spot) and there is a good possibility the top 5 spots would get keeper votes...then all you need is 3 or 4 people who had a good sleeper....I agree with Hasan that it has to come down to more than just votes...

I hadn't had the idea of a keeper passed on to me until about week 15 in Sun... but I was drinking my ass off (thank you Cowboys :P )... and kinda forgot about it until it got mentioned in the other 2 leagues this month.... if you go back through my draft history Aaron Rodgers is the kinda guy I always take there (I had him in all 4 of my leagues last year too) Gonzalez was me hoping Harrison fell off the map and I don't even know which Jones that was now

Calm down Cowboy... no one's accusing you of rigging it :)

It was just a suggestion that the only one who COULD have known, was you.

You are almost guaranteed the top three spots getting the keeper votes (no chance whoever drafted AP is letting him go with a chance of getting a worse draft spot)

Good point; anyone who is holding on to their 1st round pick this year, will do their best to position themselves at the end of round 1... that way you get the best possible pick in the 2nd round - a double win. A top 5 pick should net you a 20th-25th 2nd round pick... How, its very possible you wind up with a top 5 and 13-18th pick...

That seems like a very unfair advantage going into it - and I'm not sure of the work around on that one.

Edited by aylbert

I guess that's where I different in my outlook on the draft... I find the first 2-3 rounds tend to be your "given" players... but it's those 2nd tier guys you take in round 5-9 that to me are what make and break your team EVERY year (well unless you had team Injured Reserve like one of my teams was last year :rant: ) and with that in mind I'd draft no different this year to next with keepers in mind :noclue:

I guess with where it is now we are at least having a keeper for next season....

so does anyone object to say like with Iggy leaving this year and RSC taking his spot that RSC can pick a keeper from Iggy's team last year and the same would apply to future replacements or are we gonna be "sucks to be you rookie!!"

I guess that's where I different in my outlook on the draft... I find the first 2-3 rounds tend to be your "given" players... but it's those 2nd tier guys you take in round 5-9 that to me are what make and break your team EVERY year (well unless you had team Injured Reserve like one of my teams was last year :rant: ) and with that in mind I'd draft no different this year to next with keepers in mind :noclue:

Agreed. the 2nd tier makes or breaks you... but in a 1 and done... betting on a bounceback year from a vet (value diminishes next year), or a rising talent (value increases next year) are on equal footing. That is NOT the case in a keeper league, where rising talent > bounce back vet

Agreed. the 2nd tier makes or breaks you... but in a 1 and done... betting on a bounceback year from a vet (value diminishes next year), or a rising talent (value increases next year) are on equal footing. That is NOT the case in a keeper league, where rising talent > bounce back vet

True, but you can only keep one.. and while it's nice to get the value propsect for the future... keep in mind it's gonna cost you more and more to keep the same guy over and over again year after year and for every Adrian Peterson there's 3 Darren McFadden's.....

Are you sure it's not just for the first week or two? They always have a free preview at the beginning of every fantasy season.

Yep, 100% free.

The #1 Free Fantasy Football game just got better! We now offer free real time scoring with StatTracker

True, but you can only keep one.. and while it's nice to get the value propsect for the future... keep in mind it's gonna cost you more and more to keep the same guy over and over again year after year and for every Adrian Peterson there's 3 Darren McFadden's.....

True, but if I luck out and grab a 1st rounder in round 5-8... Ill gladly give up my 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st (well, by then he's washed up :) )

There is almost no chance a vet will do that... the exception being Randy Moss... who was a high pick, a mid pick (no culpepper), then an elite pick again (hi tom).

Edited by aylbert

I'd say if we are saying "screw you guys who didn't research your sleepers better for a keeper league we just thought of" then it should be "screw you rookie" too...

but again, only my two cents and I'm good either way, I've got nothing to complain about, I'm just hoping for a playoff spot this year :D

I guess with where it is now we are at least having a keeper for next season....

so does anyone object to say like with Iggy leaving this year and RSC taking his spot that RSC can pick a keeper from Iggy's team last year and the same would apply to future replacements or are we gonna be "sucks to be you rookie!!"

Well he's getting a vote in the poll on the one hand so I guess it'd be fair. Then again he benefits from iggy's drafting so in that aspect it's not. Besides, what happens next year if there are two rookies...draw straws to see which one gets a keeper from what team?

Of course if he doesn't get a keeper from iggy's team he's less likely to actually care to vote for keepers for this year since he wouldn't benefit from it :P

I just hope we get this thing going soon either way. Considering all of NJDevs' server issues the draft might wind up taking twice as long :argh:

Edited by Hasan4978

I said yes. After lookng at iggy's draft last year and seeing that he took mjd in Rd 3 (it was a snake draft right?) I would love to get him for that value :P

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nfl/2008/141654/draftresults?drafttab=team

You meant Michael Turner? That was iggy's third-round pick, MJD went to VALUE's team in the second round.

Put me in the NO column. :D

New season, new draft, new team, EVERYONE has a chance to get ANYONE. :dance:

Can we make a NJDevs fantasy draft award for biggest whiner over a single moment? :)

1st round auto-pick screwed me up so badly last season ( a- Randy Moss... b- left with McGahee and Graham on rb)

You absolutely deserve it!

Especially since I offered you MY 1st round pick for him and you could've still gotten your precious "best remaining RB" !

post-909-124973807033.gif :P

You absolutely deserve it!

Especially since I offered you MY 1st round pick for him and you could've still gotten your precious "best remaining RB" !

post-909-124973807033.gif :P

I wasn't going to push my misfortunes on to someone else. That season was doomed anyways, cause I was going to pick Barber... and he wasn't so hot.

Apparently the bb skin doesn't let you put an entry into polls. CMON MOBILE BOARD~!

I'd vote yes overall but I'm on the fence on this year. My keeper prospects are damn good (mjd 2nd round, slaton 13th round, ray rice last round and even kurt warner 10th round) but I'm kinda on alybert's side on this one. Drafting for keepers <> drafting one-off. I'll have this wretched bus ride home to think about it.

So 6-3-1 (overtime's vote doesn't count) with only VALUE and Manta left to vote. Manta doesn't usually pay attention to this thread until the draft actually starts though :P

I think at least one of those two needs to vote yes though, if it comes out 6-5-1 or 6-4-2 that means six out of the other eleven league members (excluding CRASHER) voted against an immediate change and half including him so there shouldn't be a keeper this year if that's the case.

Edited by Hasan4978