So who's left, do we want anyone?

ghdi

Okay, here's a suggestion: how about a deal for Patrick Sharp? Chicago has to be looking to dump SOME salary for God's sake... if the reports of Versteeg re-signing are true, aren't they pressed right up to the cap?

maybe next year, but this year chicago's fine.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone over 30 on that list should retire - they're all done.

Those under 30, so long as none are looking for more than $2m/yr - 2 or 3 yr. deal, well, maybe there are some 3rd line centers/reclamation projects to be had that lou could sneak in. All in all though, not a bumper crop, and definitely none are better than 3rd line, and therefore, should only be offered what a 3rd or 4th liner gets - $875k to $1.8m range, 2 or maybe 3 year deal.

I honestly cant get excited about any of these players. I honestly Lou feels josefson wil lbe ready to play next year, and a one year deal with koivu would've been perfect. Especially at the price he signed for.

Which team has a glut of centers that'll want to lessen cap hit by unloading on of them perhaps for a 2nd round draft pick?? & a prospect.

Correct answer! Lou will go for none of the above on that list so why bother when we all know Lou is staying put now. It will be a suprise or shocker if he goes for one of those FA on that list. Just not going to happen.

Because this is a discussion board?

Anyway, a cheap Morrison might work, but there's bad blood between him and Lou. Of course, Holik came back, so who knows.

Manny Malhotra, Scott Nichol, Andy Hilbert, and Blair Betts are the ones I find useful, or interesting. Comrie just doesn't fit as a Lou-style Devil.

I'd like to see us sign Iggulden for Lowell. Kid was an AHL all-star last year, and at 26, may have something to show still.

I'd like to see us sign Iggulden for Lowell. Kid was an AHL all-star last year, and at 26, may have something to show still.

Got to see Mike Iggulden play in the West Coast Shootout the year after the lockout. Good size, good hands. He impressed me. But then again, so did Petr Kanko and Maxim Pushkarev.

Correct answer! Lou will go for none of the above on that list so why bother when we all know Lou is staying put now. It will be a suprise or shocker if he goes for one of those FA on that list. Just not going to happen.

I've got an idea, let's pull a Colorado and sign a high profile player who has great stats but wasn't good enough to win a cup (Ray Bourque) Sign either Sundin or Roenick and we'll be given "phantom" powerplays to help us win the cup so Sundin or Roenick can finally retire with a cup ring a'la "Dourque"/ Avs 2001.

marcel goc is someone i forgot about who should be interesting to new jersey if they miss out on malhotra or moore.

I'd take Goc before either of them. IMO Malhotra is overrated and Comrie downright just plain sucks. Wouldn't be disapointed with Moore.

Got to see Mike Iggulden play in the West Coast Shootout the year after the lockout. Good size, good hands. He impressed me. But then again, so did Petr Kanko and Maxim Pushkarev.

Yeah, he has some tools. He'd be a little-risk minor-league filler. Wouldn't be shocked to see Tallackson back in Lowell, either. If he's still dangling out there in August, I could see Lou throw him a bone.

I'd take Goc before either of them. IMO Malhotra is overrated and Comrie downright just plain sucks. Wouldn't be disapointed with Moore.

But Malhotra for 1.5 million bucks wouldn't be bad at all. His point total would have put him just below Zubrus and just over Clarkson on last year's roster.

Moore at a million wouldn't be bad, either.

Isn't Marcel Goc an RFA?

But Malhotra for 1.5 million bucks wouldn't be bad at all. His point total would have put him just below Zubrus and just over Clarkson on last year's roster.

Moore at a million wouldn't be bad, either.

Isn't Marcel Goc an RFA?

these guys are going to get more than that. as i see it, there's 5 teams that need a 3rd line center: colorado, nashville, new jersey, vancouver, and san jose. it's arguable that there's 2 or 3 other teams out there who might be interested. now with colorado and nashville they might not sign anyone, and san jose will probably try to trade for one. arguably the 3rd line guys left are moore, malhotra, peca, goc, and arguably comrie.

samuel pahlsson got probably the worst FA contract at 2.8 million per even though he has exactly one season over 10 goals - guys like malhotra and moore are no doubt pointing to their stats and demanding at least 3 million per.

goc got non-tendered.

Edited by Triumph

I've got an idea, let's pull a Colorado and sign a high profile player who has great stats but wasn't good enough to win a cup (Ray Bourque) Sign either Sundin or Roenick and we'll be given "phantom" powerplays to help us win the cup so Sundin or Roenick can finally retire with a cup ring a'la "Dourque"/ Avs 2001.

This is such a dumb comment. How about you stop crying over game 7 of the 2001 finals already. The Avs won fair and square and the hate for Bourque is so ridiculous.

Firstly, The Avalanche traded for Raymond Bourque and didn't sign him. Secondly Ray Bourque is one of the greatest players of all time. How can you say he wasn't good enough to win a Stanley Cup? Who is good enough to win a Cup? There are so many bad players in the history of hockey players who have Stanley Cup rings.

Secondly, Bourque played on some good Bruins teams, but they always had major holes if it was goaltending, or offensive and defensive depth. It was surely not is fault that the Bruins had never won a Cup.

The fact is Bourque was a difference maker for that 2001 Avs team. I would go as far to say that the Avs would not have won a Stanley Cup that year without Bourque. I swear that half the board believes the Avs carried Bourque to a Cup. He had 59 points that season. He scored a game-winning goal in game 3.

I'd like to see Malhotra on the Devils. He's a bigger guy (6'2, 215) and wins faceoffs. If he's signed for a reasonable amount on a one or two-year deal, I could live with that - he's good for solid faceoff performance (something a lot of people pointed to with the return of Holik, relieving pressure from Madden sometimes) and about 10 goals, 15-20 assists depending on his ice time and linemates. My guess, if he ends up on the Devils he finishes in the range of 10 goals, 14 assists... in Columbus he was sometimes looked to as their top center, which hopefully wouldn't happen in NJ.

If he can fill in the 3rd line, I'd really feel confident in the Devils' ability to roll lines. Well, once it's determined what the 2nd line looks like, that is.

I'm not sold on Moore. He had a breakout year with Toronto then crapped the bed with Buffalo. He never showed a scoring touch previously, and I'm tempted to think it's a case of production based on heavy ice time (like players on the Penguins when they were atrocious). I'm sure he'd command more than Malhotra, too, and a longer contract. Wouldn't be surprised for a team like San Jose to pick him up and move another player to clear cap space.

I'm not sold on Moore. He had a breakout year with Toronto then crapped the bed with Buffalo. He never showed a scoring touch previously, and I'm tempted to think it's a case of production based on heavy ice time (like players on the Penguins when they were atrocious).

I see your argument, but Moore was fourth on the team in points per 60 minutes. While that is obviously not a definitive stat, it shows that he put up decent points when taking total playing time out of the equation.

marcel goc is someone i forgot about who should be interesting to new jersey if they miss out on malhotra or moore.

Goc is pretty much always injured though.

If he could sort that out he would be a good solid addition.

I like the idea of Domanic Moore, i think he would fit nicley on the second line for not much money on a one year deal.

samuel pahlsson got probably the worst FA contract at 2.8 million per even though he has exactly one season over 10 goals - guys like malhotra and moore are no doubt pointing to their stats and demanding at least 3 million per.

He prevents a lot more than he scores. He's a great shadow.

He prevents a lot more than he scores. He's a great shadow.

there are no great shadows anymore. pahlsson is a a -46 in his career and has been a minus player every year since the lockout. how many goals a season do you think pahlsson prevents over another center? it cannot be enough to pay him that much money to not score.

Zetterberg on Crosby this post-season? Sammy did a huge job for Anaheim when they won their cup.

i should have been more clear. a 'defense-only' player doesn't work anymore. pahlsson did do a great job for the ducks when they won it all. what has he done since then? 121 games, 13 goals, 20 assists, -19, 18:30 TOI. i have a hard time believing this is a player who is contributing very positively to a team. yeah, he's eating up a lot of minutes and penalty killing, but he's not scoring any goals and he's not spending enough time in the offensive zone.

in other words, the devils should be using patrik elias as a shadow, not jay pandolfo. elias is probably as good defensively as pandolfo is, plus he's a threat to score and his line can forecheck.

Edited by Triumph