Lemaire and Tremblay to NJ ?

devilzibook

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am I the only one who thinks Lemaire is a good choice?

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm afraid he's going to try to bring back his system, when the team plays better forechecking and scoring more. That said, I have a huge amount of respect for Lemaire and all he's done for the franchise.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm afraid he's going to try to bring back his system, when the team plays better forechecking and scoring more. That said, I have a huge amount of respect for Lemaire and all he's done for the franchise.

My opinion exactly.

I don't think there's any "he's going to try" about it. He will. And when you have players speaking out, they know the score. If we were active in the FA market (which I'm not sure we were, other than maybe having fleeting interest in Nieds when he was having another Brutus moment for a few hours on 7/1, before he put the dagger back in his pocket), the stench of Lemaire probably kept people away.

If you like Zach Parise as a 60 point player, you should be all for Lemaire. Because his ass will be parked at the blue line, and he can't score from outside the circles. Good luck.

I don't think there's any "he's going to try" about it. He will. And when you have players speaking out, they know the score. If we were active in the FA market (which I'm not sure we were, other than maybe having fleeting interest in Nieds when he was having another Brutus moment for a few hours on 7/1, before he put the dagger back in his pocket), the stench of Lemaire probably kept people away.

If you like Zach Parise as a 60 point player, you should be all for Lemaire. Because his ass will be parked at the blue line, and he can't score from outside the circles. Good luck.

Lemaire's defensive trap style of play will probably drive Parise away from the team, due to lack of production.. if you like Zach as a Devil, watch him now while you still can..

Lemaire's defensive trap style of play will probably drive Parise away from the team, due to lack of production.. if you like Zach as a Devil, watch him now while you still can..

If it ever gets to that point, Lemaire would be gone before Zach.

but I believe he's learned a few things since leaving here, adapting to the new NHL. He let Gaborik cherry pick in Minnesota

am I the only one who thinks Lemaire is a good choice?

Nope.

Lou hired Sutter to change our team philosophy and make us more aggressive. To think he'd hire the next coach to be the complete opposite makes no sense. Lemaire is a brilliant hockey mind that came from a Habs team that invented the trap but still scored like crazy.

And besides, to shy away from Lemaire just because he won't be around forever is kinda silly. Unless your name is Barry Trotz or Lindy Ruff, your time as a coach with any team in this league is short.

i would hate to see lemaire back. he is not a good choice for the team. not only do i not want to see that style of hockey here, that type of system doesn't work well in this league anymore. and it doesn't make players want to come and play here, or sign and stay here.

and why would we want another coach who we think is only going to be around for a year or two?

Lemaire is smart and I do not think he will install the same style he did the first time round. (At least I hope)

Also do you think Lou thinks he's the perfect mentor for Johnny Mac? It would sorta be like Robinson the last time. :noclue:

Edit - He's good with teaching as well

Edited by John Wensink

Lemaire is smart and I do not think he will install the same style he did the first time round. (At least I hope)

Also do you think Lou thinks he's the perfect mentor for Johnny Mac? It would sorta be like Robinson the last time. :noclue:

Edit - He's good with teaching as well

what exactly are you basing the opinion on that lemaire will bring any other style? do you honestly believe he's ready for a big forechecking style now? he's been doing the same thing for so long i don't think he knows any other way, nor do i believe that he thinks that style won't work. i feel it's just taking a big step back for this organization.

what exactly are you basing the opinion on that lemaire will bring any other style? do you honestly believe he's ready for a big forechecking style now? he's been doing the same thing for so long i don't think he knows any other way, nor do i believe that he thinks that style won't work. i feel it's just taking a big step back for this organization.

I'm not really basing it on anything other than he knows hockey and hopefully can see what works in the here and now. He was smart enough to install the "trap" from what he saw in Europe, maybe he can change. I may be wrong, he could be stuck in his ways. If that is where we're at it could be a step back no doubt.

I'm not for or against Lemaire. Coach wise I don't care who it is...Lou runs the team.

Lou hired Sutter to change our team philosophy and make us more aggressive. To think he'd hire the next coach to be the complete opposite makes no sense. Lemaire is a brilliant hockey mind that came from a Habs team that invented the trap but still scored like crazy.

again, you're not basing that on any fact at all. there is nothing in his coaching past that backs that up.

you're just hoping lou is smart enough and jacque is open enough to become more aggressive. i don't see that happening.

and this team is in no way comparable to any of lemaires canadiens teams.

i agree tri.

and for the record, i don't think this team is in bad shape. we were a division winner(playing in arguably the toughest division) without our top goalie for most of the year and were less then 2 mins away from the 2nd rd. i think with the right coach this team will be as competative as last season. i just don't believe lemaire is the answer.

I'm not in the lemaire camp. you can't change the spots on a leopard. Risebrough was fired becvause ownership wanted to go in a new direction. he was probably told to let lemaire go, but lemaire resigned after hearing plans from Risebrough.

I also think this is a step back for the devils. wiht all the fricken coaching talent that is out there.

Oh well, I trust lou. If this blows up halfway thru this season , lou will not fire his ass.