Devils Name Jacques Lemaire Head Coach

nmigliore

how does this bring out the best in rolston? rolston will be sequestered to the right wing. meanwhile i hope jay pandolfo's getting in good shape now because he'll play at least 16 minutes a game

If this is true, the season will end in early April so he'll only have to get through 82 games.

Also, is this announcement going to be broadcast anywhere?

Edit: Nevermind, 'DINO COSTA' posted the same question.

Edited by devils26

Heres a photo from todays drills...

large_jacques-lemaire320.jpg

You, sir, are a troublemaker. :lol:

Pay no attention to the FUD, this is a photo from 1997. :dizzy:

i would be shocked if anyone actually believed that was a pic from today's dev. camp :lol: .. you can tell its old

regarding a broadcast, im sure TG will have something about it soon

Clearly, WFAN will stop everything they are doing and head right to the presser - and then stay on it with at least the first 10-12 questions.

Right.

Then this afternoon, Mike will take the first 2 hours of his show breaking down the elements that went into the move - then he'll either give it his blessing - or condemn the move and tell us why.

Edited by DINO COSTA

This could be one of the worst days in the history of the franchise.

perhaps it's time to move Grandpa Lou to a nice place...assisted living community, etc.

I have one room left at my community where I work. It is pricy, but I think Lou can afford it... Tell him to bring some Devils goodies with him to give to me.

Maybe marty has been badgering Lou about his "there needs to be a second fench canadien on the team to win the cup" theory so much that he cracked and now he's going to play P3L , Lemaire, and Trembley so there is frenchy's everywhere!

In seriousness Lemaire is a coaching genius. I doubt that he plans to change the way he coaches, and i have no problem with him teaching the finer points of defensive play and prioritizing your own end over the other as long as he doesn't stiffle our youth and scoring talent.

... In Lou We Trust? YEAH THAT ONE! :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

Wikipedia says Lemaire is the head coach of the NJ Devils, for what it's worth :evilcry:

Did you know the number of elephants has tripled in the last six months?

aha nice.

lolol section that link is classic. all it needs to do is to go back 8 years. 'lemaire to dress daniels, scratch elias in playoffs'

It will be a conference call, so maybe the FAN will carry it, or I would check MSG or MSG+ at 1:30 PM.

I don't think conference calls are ever carried on the radio or TV. All it is is a phone call. You might have people recording it for sound bytes, but I've never heard of these things going live on the air. And MSG/MSG+ isn't going to cut into programming to announce a new head coach, not without a full-fledged press conference (and even then it's unlikely since it's the Devils).

It will be a conference call, so maybe the FAN will carry it, or I would check MSG or MSG+ at 1:30 PM.

I don't think conference calls are ever carried on the radio or TV. All it is is a phone call. You might have people recording it for sound bytes, but I've never heard of these things going live on the air. And MSG/MSG+ isn't going to cut into programming to announce a new head coach, not without a full-fledged press conference (and even then it's unlikely since it's the Devils).

SNY (mets) always broadcast conference calls on TV... usually its a picture of the GM on the screen and you hear the reporters asking him questions.

I knew it was only yesterday that we picked Corrente at #30... The lines were so long in the bubble :( The new arena in Newark will be sweet!

"New Jersey was able to sign 2005-06 breakout star Brian Gionta to a three-year deal." WHOOPS. then again, MTL?