MLB All-Star Game Discussion Thread

nmigliore

2009allstargame-300x300.jpg

2009 All Star Game - Tuesday July 14th, 8pm ET on FOX

Lineups:

NL: Hanley Ramirez will lead off and play shortstop, followed by Chase Utley at second base, Albert Pujols at first base, Ryan Braun in right field, Raul Ibanez in left field, Wright at third base, Shane Victorino in center field, and Yadier Molina catching, with Tim Lincecum the starting pitcher for the National League.

AL: Ichiro Suzuki will lead off and play right field, followed by Derek Jeter at short stop, Joe Mauer catching, Mark Teixeira at first base, Jason Bay in left field, Josh Hamilton in center field, Evan Longoria at third base, Aaron Hill at second base with Roy Halladay the starting pitcher for the American League.

NL roster here - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar09/ne...tory?id=4307112

AL roster here - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar09/ne...tory?id=4307111

Starting Pitchers - NL: Tim Lincecum, AL: Roy Halladay

Go National League!!!

Home Run Derby - Monday July 13th, 8pm ET on ESPN

NL participants

Prince Fielder (MIL)

Albert Pujols (STL)

Adrian Gonzalez (SD)

Ryan Howard (PHI)

AL participants

Nelson Cruz (TEX)

Brandon Inge (DET)

Joe Mauer (MIN)

Carlos Pena (TB)

Predicted HR Derby winner: Ryan Howard

Edited by nmigliore

bleh too lazy to post lineups this year..

NL roster here - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar09/ne...tory?id=4307112

AL roster here - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar09/ne...tory?id=4307111

Starting Pitchers - NL: Tim Lincecum, AL: Roy Halladay

Go National League!!!

Predicted HR Derby winner: Ryan Howard

Too lazy to click on links or search, who's participating in the Derby this year?? If you know off hand anyway...

eh, im just not big on the HR Derby, but since its requested:

NL participants

Prince Fielder (MIL)

Albert Pujols (STL)

Adrian Gonzalez (SD)

Ryan Howard (PHI)

AL participants

Nelson Cruz (TEX)

Brandon Inge (DET)

Joe Mauer (MIN)

Carlos Pena (TB)

-- I'd be shocked if anyone from the AL won. Pena has the best shot in the AL, but I think all of the guys in the NL have more power than him.

eh, im just not big on the HR Derby, but since its requested:

NL participants

Prince Fielder (MIL)

Albert Pujols (STL)

Adrian Gonzalez (SD)

Ryan Howard (PHI)

AL participants

Nelson Cruz (TEX)

Brandon Inge (DET)

Joe Mauer (MIN)

Carlos Pena (TB)

-- I'd be shocked if anyone from the AL won. Pena has the best shot in the AL, but I think all of the guys in the NL have more power than him.

Thanks, I was only curious, figured I'd throw out a dark horse to win and brag if it happened or slink away and never mention it if it didn't :)

I've got my money on Cruz FTW!!! :D

Go AL!

I'm rooting for Inge in the HR Derby, simply because he is the only one of the 8 on my fantasy squad.

im personally rooting for Mauer and Gonzalez - 2 guys who don't get enough recognition for being such great players IMO.

Edited by nmigliore

Can't say I understand why Adam Lind kept getting passed up. I mean Nelson Cruz? Besides home runs, which our very close by the way, his stats are so inferior to Lind's in every single statistical category. Cruz wasn't even on the final vote ballot. I think Kinsler also got robbed.

And Madden has his entire infield in the game. Whatever. I'm not too upset about it, but I thought Lind really deserved this opportunity and same with Kinsler. I just don't get the logic. Why give the fans another chance to vote for another all-star after they butcher the starting lineups every year?

You think any scouts are going to miss this game? Not with Halladay pitching.

Edited by devilsrule33

How did I know nmiggy would have full coverage on this...

Hell, you impress me so much I'll only be half-impressed if you start covering the minor all-star games

haha i was going to include the future's game but i figured i nah.

i might start an all-mlb blog, i dunno yet though, i pretty much abandoned my mets blog before the season started. but i have more free time now that its summer.

edit: bleh i went through and made one - http://atdiamond.blogspot.com/

Edited by nmigliore

prince fielder the winner of the 2009 home-run derby.

I'm so happy it wasn't Ryan Howard and that he didn't even make the final round. Nice ne blog lol and btw you think the NL has a solid chance at actually winning this year?

prince fielder the winner of the 2009 home-run derby.

I'm so happy it wasn't Ryan Howard and that he didn't even make the final round. Nice ne blog lol and btw you think the NL has a solid chance at actually winning this year?

thanks, as for the ASG: i really think the NL is gonna win this year.. i think Lincecum is gonna shut the AL team down, but I dunno how long they will leave him in there.. Dan Haren has had an excellent year too, so I feel comfortable if he gets in there after Lincecum. Should be a great game.

Sweet blog man.. Yeah it's the one day a year I can root for Phillies players...

My mentality is, "Ok NL win tonight so the Mets get the advantage in the WS"... It'll be the truth some year, but it's hard to believe that it will be this year

Did anyone just see that Taco Bell drink commercial? That was Super Bowl worthy :rofl:

How about that commercial for the movie G-Force.. My reaction was, "Did David Wright really just say 'holla'?"

Edited by Colin226