Sign in to follow this  
Middlesex

On Why Lemaire is a Good Choice

Is Inspector Jauque Lemaire a good choice as coach?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Good for the Devils?

• Yay!
    • In Between
    • Nay!

All the Jacque bashing and stigma about his teams being of a boring variety are defintatly warrented considering his past history.

BUT

BUT

BUT

Maybe this is a good move for the future of the Devils Organization

NOONE can doubt Lamaires ability to coach and a great coach he is

Maybe he helps traisition the younger players and season them better then a Sutter or another coach would have

Just a thought, feel free to call me crazy :P

Edited by Middlesex

All the Jacque bashing and stigma about his teams being of a boring variety are defintatly warrented considering his past history.

I think that statement is more common knowledge than actually fact based. Everyone thought Sutters best offensive season with the team, 240 goals, was uber-exciting under Sutter when most of the league scores 240 but Lemaire has the team average 240 when 240 was harder to get and everyone says he's boring. :noclue:

I don't think Lemaire is going to run and gun it but I think people saying Parise is going to score 20 goals and want to leave are just as silly.

I have a feeling to get Rolston going.. he is going to Put Rolston with Zajac and Parise.... idk.. just a feeling...

Langs might play with Elias. Who knows...

Everything with NJ is a guessing game at this point.

I'm in between. I think the younger players will benefit immensely (sp) with Jacques at the helm. The on-ice strategy? Not-so-much, although I do think he'll not be as trap-happy as in his previous stint.

considering the incredible lack of depth of talent on the team right now in the forwards department, it's going to take a coach like lemare to come up with any kind of semblance of a winning season. We have one top-2 line plus an extra top-2 line player, then drops off to slackers, old men, and journey men (Zubrus, Rolston, Pando, Clarkson) to fill the next three lines out with. Not that I didn't think it was time for guys like gionta and madden to move on, but I thought Lou might at least attempt to replace, no, UPGRADE, from them.

Oh well, get used to the 1-0 and 2-1 games that will be played at the Rock for the next couple years.

http://sportsradiony.com/blogcats/blog_devils.htm

Jacques Lemaire has been a legendary coach in the NHL. He is known for being incredibly smart, and a great teacher and motivator of young players. He perfected the infamous

I wonder what would have happened if Jacques was behind the bench during our series against Carolina. Have to believe he'd be giving our defensemen some sage piece of advice or adjustment that just might have prevented that awful fvcking collapse.

He's not going to stifle Parise's production. What good would that do? It's not like he's anti-offense. Gaborik (before he was a walking injury) consistently scored 30+ under Lemaire. So did Brian Rolston.

Don't be against this just because he's been here before and you want something new. Lemaire is far less risky than any other option out there and can instill some great pieces of hockey wisdom in all the young kids we'll have up this year. He will strengthen this team.

Just curious, I don't remember -- what was his reason for stepping down in Minny?

Bobby Holik's three best offensive seasons also came under Lemaire. He's not as stifling as some would have you believe.

I'm against Lemaire because of the trap and defense first hockey. However, take a look at some of the lines he had in 1995. He really got something from nothing. He also had some rookies (Brylin, Guerin, Rolston) that turned out alright.

There are some definite positives here. Rolston flourished under Lemaire. For all we know, Parise and Zajac will, too. I'm not super happy, but I'm willing to see what happens before I bash it.

Cant be anyhting but in between right now. I'm not thrilled w/ the move, but its easy to sit here and moan about it in fvcking July. I'd rather wait till January to moan about it.

http://sportsradiony.com/blogcats/blog_devils.htm

Jacques Lemaire has been a legendary coach in the NHL. He is known for being incredibly smart, and a great teacher and motivator of young players. He perfected the infamous

Yeah baby.I'm glad he's back.

Just curious, I don't remember -- what was his reason for stepping down in Minny?

Ironically because Gaborik didn't wanna play for him anymore and this was an alleged enticement :P

but he had been there long enough and it was time!

I have a feeling to get Rolston going.. he is going to Put Rolston with Zajac and Parise.... idk.. just a feeling...

Langs might play with Elias. Who knows...

Everything with NJ is a guessing game at this point.

Doesn't Rolston prefer playing left wing?

considering the incredible lack of depth of talent on the team right now in the forwards department, it's going to take a coach like lemare to come up with any kind of semblance of a winning season. We have one top-2 line plus an extra top-2 line player, then drops off to slackers, old men, and journey men (Zubrus, Rolston, Pando, Clarkson) to fill the next three lines out with. Not that I didn't think it was time for guys like gionta and madden to move on, but I thought Lou might at least attempt to replace, no, UPGRADE, from them.

Oh well, get used to the 1-0 and 2-1 games that will be played at the Rock for the next couple years.

Bergfors could be the x-factor. It'll take time, but if he starts to look like Gio by the end of this season, the team gets a lot stronger.

I think skepticism is OK, but it's funny to read things that are so unlikely to be true. For example, I have read the opinion that Lemaire impeded Scott Niedermayer's development (in another thread). What a bunch of drivel that is.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Ironically because Gaborik didn't wanna play for him anymore and this was an alleged enticement :P

So what you're saying is, Devils/Rangers now has yet ANOTHER subplot.

...Assuming Gabby's healthy enough to make it to the first NJ/NY matchup.

Bergfors could be the x-factor. It'll take time, but if he starts to look like Gio by the end of this season, the team gets a lot stronger.

I don't know much about Bergsfors. Does he play like Gionta and can he help this team get back to where they belong?

So what you're saying is, Devils/Rangers now has yet ANOTHER subplot.

...Assuming Gabby's healthy enough to make it to the first NJ/NY matchup.

duh!!!

I still expected him to tear something at the contract signing... damn wrestling fan in me :P

I don't know much about Bergsfors. Does he play like Gionta and can he help this team get back to where they belong?

The short version: He was picked 23rd overall (first round) by the Devils in the 1st round. He was impressive enough in his first camp with the Devils to go right to Albany. As one of the younger players in the AHL, his progress has been slow in his four seasons there, but this past season in the Lowell was his best by a good margin. He actually made the team out of camp a couple of seasons ago, but got hurt and never came back (only played in the season opener). He's played 9 games overall in the NHL and has scored one goal and is a -3. Now 22 years old, with his strong AHL showing last season he's coming to camp with a job to lose.

I'd say he's kind of an unknown, but this past season does have me optimistic. If he puts up a rookie season, say, similar to Zach's (15-20 goals, 35-40 points), and shows progress, I'd be plenty happy with that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976