Rangers make stupid trade

USC09

Well, apparently they also came to a deal with Callahan at 2.2 and 2.4 million for two years. That seems a bit high, no?

hey i figured out the multi-quote function on this board. only took me like 3 years. anyway, no, i don't think it's that high. i had callahan at 2.25, 2.75

Another case of Don Maloney moving some of those supposed assets in Phoenix for guys he drafted for the rangers.

lisin might be zherdev insurance - i don't really get this deal from either side. i'm not convinced of lisin's upside, and the rangers are quickly sloughing away their bottom two lines - lisin seems like an afinogenov type who might break out, but is more likely to bust. maybe they re-sign betts now?

Edited by Triumph

Well, apparently they also came to a deal with Callahan at 2.2 and 2.4 million for two years. That seems a bit high, no?

hey i figured out the multi-quote function on this board. only took me like 3 years. anyway, no, i don't think it's that high. i had callahan at 2.25, 2.75

Another case of Don Maloney moving some of those supposed assets in Phoenix for guys he drafted for the rangers.

lisin might be zherdev insurance - i don't really get this deal from either side. i'm not convinced of lisin's upside, and the rangers are quickly sloughing away their bottom two lines - lisin seems like an afinogenov type who might break out, but is more likely to bust. maybe they re-sign betts now?

Unfortunately, I don't think Bettsy will be rejoining the Rangers (sadly). Rumor has it that Renney is going to want him in Edmonton.

If there is one thing that made our PK strong it was Betts and Freddie. Alas, I believe both will be gone. While we had such a pitiful PP, it was nice to have a strong PK...

...I highly doubt we'll be as successful in that department.

On the trade note: Was never a big fan of Korpedo. I think Lisin may have more of an offensive talent, but Korp may be the better "overall" player.

In my opinion, the trade isn't really a huge impact either way. We'll see what happens. I'm rather indifferent.

On the trade note: Was never a big fan of Korpedo.

You did lose one of your better nicknames, though. Korpedo is top-notch stuff there.

Couldn't agree more. Now we're stuck with...

"Dubi"

...God, that's so weak.

Isn't that the nickname of the backup goalie for Islanders who jumped ship asap? Dubliewitz?

<!--quoteo(post=783986:date=Jul 13 2009, 09:55 PM:name=Rangerfans)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rangerfans @ Jul 13 2009, 09:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=783986"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=783984:date=Jul 13 2009, 09:52 PM:name=thelastonealive)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thelastonealive @ Jul 13 2009, 09:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=783984"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=783983:date=Jul 13 2009, 09:48 PM:name=Rangerfans)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rangerfans @ Jul 13 2009, 09:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=783983"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On the trade note: Was never a big fan of Korpedo.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You did lose one of your better nicknames, though. Korpedo is top-notch stuff there.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Couldn't agree more. Now we're stuck with...

"Dubi"

...God, that's so weak.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't that the nickname of the backup goalie for Islanders who jumped ship asap? Dubliewitz?

Dubielwicz, yeah. Ranger fans call Dubinsky 'Dubie' as well.

This Callahan signing leaves the Rangers with 8 million in cap space. They need to sign a few more RFA's plus a defenseman. Must be a trade coming.

• Like 1

This Callahan signing leaves the Rangers with 8 million in cap space. They need to sign a few more RFA's plus a defenseman. Must be a trade coming.

Please let it be Rozi or Redden, thanks:)

Hell, if you go waaaaay back, I was so against the Redden deal it wasn't even funny. In my opinion both GMs are polar opposites: Sather is unbelievably dumb when it comes to salaries. It's like giving a teenager booze, some money, and your car keys. Meanwhile, (no offense) Lou is unbelievably tight with his money. Almost too much.

But obviously I'd rather have a tight ass than a loose ass any day...

....wut

Please let it be Rozi or Redden, thanks:)

Hell, if you go waaaaay back, I was so against the Redden deal it wasn't even funny. In my opinion both GMs are polar opposites: Sather is unbelievably dumb when it comes to salaries. It's like giving a teenager booze, some money, and your car keys. Meanwhile, (no offense) Lou is unbelievably tight with his money. Almost too much.

But obviously I'd rather have a tight ass than a loose ass any day...

....wut

this to me is a blatant untruth - lou spent like a sailor after the lockout, put himself in a terrible bind if patrik elias returned in 2005-06 (which he did, forcing lou to stash $5 million in salary in albany), put himself in a worse bind when he re-upped elias in the offseason of 06 (forcing him to trade away a 1st round pick to hide malakhov's salary, and once again throwing dan mcgillis in the minors), and disposed of richard matvichuk in the minors in 2008. no one spent more money than lou lams the first two years of the cap.

sather is going this way soon - aaron voros should probably look into an apartment in the downtown hartford area. wade redden should look into it next year. it's the benefit of being a high-income team - the rangers can sign whomever they want and whatever doesn't work, they just flush away to hartford.

but slats has plenty of money to sign what he likes, still. the rangers are walking away from zherdev, the lisin trade confirms it - lisin is a low-rent zherdev. the rangers are not forced into making a trade.

Edited by Triumph

this to me is a blatant untruth - lou spent like a sailor after the lockout, put himself in a terrible bind if patrik elias returned in 2005-06 (which he did, forcing lou to stash $5 million in salary in albany), put himself in a worse bind when he re-upped elias in the offseason of 06 (forcing him to trade away a 1st round pick to hide malakhov's salary, and once again throwing dan mcgillis in the minors), and disposed of richard matvichuk in the minors in 2008. no one spent more money than lou lams the first two years of the cap.

sather is going this way soon - aaron voros should probably look into an apartment in the downtown hartford area. wade redden should look into it next year. it's the benefit of being a high-income team - the rangers can sign whomever they want and whatever doesn't work, they just flush away to hartford.

but slats has plenty of money to sign what he likes, still. the rangers are walking away from zherdev, the lisin trade confirms it - lisin is a low-rent zherdev. the rangers are not forced into making a trade.

Yeah and that doesn't even include Zubrus or Rolston.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

Lou really isn't tight with his money at all.

Good one!

this is a better one. let's just ignore the last 4 years and omg remember when he let doug gilmour walk! or the claude lemieux trade! or about all the salary cap room he's 'wasting' this year to actually have a shot at re-signing paul martin, the devils' most important player behind parise and brodeur?