Great Vintage Devils vs Rangers Clip

BlizzardCyclone

Found this clip on Youtube. Great Rangers Devils Brawl post game! It seems like a Playoffs game. Devils are wearing old vintage green jerseys. Bruce Driver is the captain, Stevens is one of the A's and fights Domi, Lemieux fighting Graves, Terreri gets the win and just chats with Vanbiesbrouck at center ice while the mayhem is going on. At the end of the clip, Driver is screaming at all his players to get off the ice lol. You also see Brodeur wearing #29 and he's sporting that flat top hair cut. Claude Vilgrain, Kevin Todd, Bill Guerin, just great stuff here.

3 Stars of the game:

3. Chris Terreri

2. Peter Stastny

1. Claude Lemeiux

Devils win 5-3

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyISUjVZXlk

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

Game 6 in 1992.

Marty has a really funny story about this in his book. Richter stormed off the ice after this, and Terreri and Beezer were chatting about golf or whatever. Terreri tells Marty, an emergency call-up, he has to go in and help his outnumbered teammates. Marty grabs Joey Kocur of all people, and Kocur turns to Marty and says very calmly, 'let go'. Ha, Marty's career almost ended before he started.

edit... i put Churla instead of Kocur.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

The best prolonged drama this team ever had with another one was that set of games against the leafs in the 80's, Jim Korn getting punched by a Leafs fan as he got ejected from a game! It was real ass old time hockey, in a time where we really didn't have much going for us.

It's videos like these that remind me how much I hate the Rangers and their fans even in the offseason.

You need reminding? :P

That was the last true bench-clearing brawl in NHL history. The spineless Ziegler-led NHL basically did nothing docking each franchise $25,000. Its probably a good thing that bench-clearing brawls have gone the way of the doe doe which is why goalie fights have become so big the last decade.

It was also the last time the Devils wore red & green at the Meadowlands.

I wish the Devils were as feisty now as they were back then. This is how a rivalry game should be played.

+1

Another thing that I thought of while watching that footage -- besides the tough teams we had back then -- was the arena itself. Yes, it was a big cavernous barn, but we had a lot of fun moments there. There's a lot of history in it.

Great video clip.