C'mon Niewy, Langs, Elias, Gomez, Etc...

SC Devs Fan

I know this is not a team built around superstars, but if just one of these guys could post a monster game (ie. 2 goals!) I think we'd be a shoe in for the next round. Man I hope one of them eats their wheaties and sparks us into the next round... if not, I'm sure Marty can conjure up one more 1-0 win, but can my heart take it???

I would like to see the Devils actually have forechecking pressure and generate chances off of something other than the rush or point shots.. yes, I know Ottawa has given the Devils an incredible amount of chances off the rush in the past few games, but come on... Madden and Pandolfo getting the Devs' best chances is NOT what I want. and is less likely to result in a Devils win than if they controlled play down low and got the puck out in front to Nieuwendyk, Elias, et. al.

Langenbrunner had been a non-entity in this series until last night, I say if Stevenson's healthy, put him with Pando and Madden, and move Langenbrunner back up to the Friesen-Nieuwendyk line.. maybe not for the whole game, but there are two lines doing nothing on the ice..

Yeah, I'd like to see Langy have a great game - he did so well against Tampa and Boston, it stinks that he sort of faded out in this round. He's due, though. I second that prediction.

Langs has 7 playoff goals, but none in this series. You're overdue! C'mon kid, step it up!

Pat needs to shake up the scoring lines again, as well. We need to get some goals from our offensive guys. Nice that we're getting scoring from the blue lines and from Pando and Madden, but it's time for the scorers to start scoring again.

I agree we need some goals from our scorers tomorrow. They've all been too quiet this series. It's funny how scorers can run so hot & cold, like Jamie. You know they're trying just as hard, but sometimes the goals just don't come. There's been 1 for Joe, 1 for Elias, 2 for Friesen - is that right? We definitely need more from those guys. Not that we can't win without it, but it'd be a lot easier!

I would like to see the "J" line back together. Maybe put Brylin with Madden & Pando. I don't think it would hurt, and it might help, especially since we get last line changes at home.

GO DEVILS! WIN GAME 6!!!!

I don't think it's so surprising. That's why the role players always get to step up in times like this.

The defense is keying on the offensive guys. That's what they focus on. It's the playoffs, you don't wanna allow anyone room. Look at what our guys have been doing to Hossa and Alfredsson and somewhat to Havlat. On the other end, they say, OK, get to Elias... get to Nieuwendyk... slow down Friesen... knock Gionta down so there's no confidence in his shot.

I know Elias hasn't been able to shake a couple guys when they're down at the net. But that's how Marshall has gotten his chances and made them go in. A guy who didn't score in 65 playoff games doesn't all of a sudden get four goals for no reason. The reason is the D is keying on Elias and Gomez.

But the secret is that at the end of the play, they gotta deal with Marsh. :)

PK - get to Niewy? I think he's been in a slump since he got here. He's a classy guy and a streaky scorer - but when do we see one of those streaks? If I were the Sens he'd be one of the last Devils I'd be worried about based on his last year and a half.

Not to mention all Nieuwendyk needs to do is win

ONE faceoff right back to Stevens or Niedermayer

and BAM.. momentum of game changed... I think

that's where he's most dangerous now with his

amazing talent to win EVERY offensive face-off