Status of NJDevs.com

DevilMinder

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, I have gotten legit offers to buy the website in the past. One sports company offered 3K, an independent operator around 1K. No where near 107 thousand though.

I'd bet if you had ad revenue they'd offer more. Probably not six figures though.

I'd bet if you had ad revenue they'd offer more. Probably not six figures though.

Both of them wanted to slap ads up. They claimed to make their money back in months by buying busy forums and taking in ad revenue.

I got several donations last night, thanks to the latest round. Got busy yesterday, I will still thank everyone!

As long as we can keep the monthly server to under $85 we should be good at this point. I am still having trouble finding a server with the stats we need at that price range.

As for the chat room, I looking around to see whats out there. No change yet.

Just a status update, we still haven't found a new host. At this rate we won't be doing anything till the end of next week because of other obligations coming up.

For those of you with server knowledge, try and find a host with 2 Gigs of memory dedicated and you will find the stone wall we are hitting for the price range we need.

Just a status update, we still haven't found a new host. At this rate we won't be doing anything till the end of next week because of other obligations coming up.

For those of you with server knowledge, try and find a host with 2 Gigs of memory dedicated and you will find the stone wall we are hitting for the price range we need.

DM--I've actually been using these guys for the last year to host a portion of our website (written in PHP with a MySQL backend) and they have been good and are inexpensive Cirtex

Their related entity with dedicated hosting has 2GB RAM (burstable--not sure if that will do it for you) for $70/mo HostV

Their related entity with dedicated hosting has 2GB RAM (burstable--not sure if that will do it for you) for $70/mo HostV

Interesting host, they have some nice deals for the price. I will have to look into burstable stability though, I am not familiar with that.

Interesting host, they have some nice deals for the price. I will have to look into burstable stability though, I am not familiar with that.

We went from the Cirtex side to the HostV side about 8 months ago. Not one issue with availability and my developers like the DB access. We have MySQL replication running in both directions. Good luck with the hunt.

I will never pay money for any sort of subscription to a message board. I say just start using ads, they aren't that big of a deal and it will keep bringing money in on a recurring basis, plus you can always add more if you need even more money. Plus on some other message boards I am on, I end up just using a blocker to get rid of the ads if they are that annoying. Otherwise I just leave them up. Ads aren't that big of a deal to me.

Edited by Satans Hockey