Birthers punk'd!

If the birth certificate in those photos are real, why is Obama spending millions of dollars in campaign money to hire lawyers to defend against the lawsuits, rather than just showing the birth certificate to the judge and dismissing each one? You can post as many pictures online claiming that someone has a copy, but if that really is the true birth certificate, then why doesn't Obama just show the judge, save millions of dollars in legal expenses, and end it once and for all?

If the birth certificate in those photos are real, why is Obama spending millions of dollars in campaign money to hire lawyers to defend against the lawsuits, rather than just showing the birth certificate to the judge and dismissing each one? You can post as many pictures online claiming that someone has a copy, but if that really is the true birth certificate, then why doesn't Obama just show the judge, save millions of dollars in legal expenses, and end it once and for all?

Because it was already done almost a year ago and people like you just refuse to accept it. Why should Obama stop what he is doing every single time someone is too lazy to google and show his birth certificate?

link

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

Go on, spin this. :rolleyes:

Because it was already done almost a year ago and people like you just refuse to accept it. Why should Obama stop what he is doing every single time someone is too lazy to google and show his birth certificate?

That's the thing. If Obama was born in the US (and I'm not claiming he wasn't, which people like YOU are quick to accuse people like me of simply because we want to investigate the matter), it would be much less hassle and much less expensive to show each judge the birth certificate, rather than spend millions of dollars paying lawyers to fight the lawsuits without doing so.

Maybe people like YOU should actually think before attacking people like ME for simply asking a question.

Edited by matcat1116

That's the thing. If Obama was born in the US (and I'm not claiming he wasn't, which people like YOU are quick to accuse people like me of simply because we want to investigate the matter), it would be much less hassle and much less expensive to show each judge the birth certificate, rather than spend millions of dollars paying lawyers to fight the lawsuits without doing so.

Maybe people like YOU should actually think before attacking people like ME for simply asking a question.

I just showed you the link that confirmed that it was real. Why does he need to continue to do it? As for paying lawyers millions to fight it what are you talking about perhaps you have a link?

And spare me you "oh i was just innocently asking an honest question" approach, your post was riddled with cynicism you deserved what you got. If you want to back peddle now fine, but its clear as day you were jumping on the birthers bandwagon.

Edited by squishyx

I just showed you the link that confirmed that it was real. Why does he need to continue to do it? As for paying lawyers millions to fight it what are you talking about perhaps you have a link?

And spare me you "oh i was just innocently asking an honest question" approach, your post was riddled with cynicism you deserved what you got. If you want to back peddle now fine, but its clear as day you were jumping on the birthers bandwagon.

Surely.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=106138

As for the original link,

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105817

In response to a direct question from WND, the Hawaii Department of Health refused to authenticate either of the two versions of President Obama's short-form Certificate of Live Birth, or COLB, posted online – neither the image produced by the Obama campaign nor the images released by FactCheck.org.
When this short-form COLB was released, the Obama campaign did not explain who obtained the document from the Hawaii DOH or why the document had been held for a year before being released to the public.

Anomalies in this version of the Obama COLB, however, raised several questions among skeptics:

The printing on the document clearly appeared done by a laser printer, not by any printing device available in 1961.

The father's "race" was listed as "African," not "Negro," the more expected designation in the less politically correct environment of the early 1960s.

As noted above, the document evidenced no embossed seal from the State of Hawaii.

The lack of folds on the document raised questions if and how the document had been mailed by the Hawaii DOH to the requesting recipient.

See much more in the actual article.

But don't listen to me, I'm simply a "birther" :giggle:

That's right, my post was filled with cynicism. Rather than accept whatever I'm told by Obama and his cronies, I explore other possibilities. Why should my post, inquiring about the validity of Obama's claims, be filled with anything but doubt, if the point is to CHALLENGE Obama's claims? Doesn't mean I know for sure one way or another. I just like to look at everything that's in front me before I belittle anybody who dares to have an open mind.

Edited by matcat1116

Surely.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=106138

As for the original link,

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105817

See much more in the actual article.

But don't listen to me, I'm simply a "birther" :giggle:

That's right, my post was filled with cynicism. Rather than accept whatever I'm told by Obama and his cronies, I explore other possibilities. Why should my post, inquiring about the validity of Obama's claims, be filled with anything but doubt, if the point is to CHALLENGE Obama's claims? Doesn't mean I know for sure one way or another. I just like to look at everything that's in front me before I belittle anybody who dares to have an open mind.

Most of those questions where answered already in Factchecks full response. If your only defense is "oh they are a left leaning source so they must be in bed with Obama" then I'll just say your source is right leaning and just a bunch of sore losers and are just as irrelevant too. Factcheck has proven over the last year to be an independent group that goes out of its way to criticizes all politicians regardless of party affiliations. DA8 just sourced them a month ago for their well written critique of Obama's TV spot. If they are so so left leaning why didn't you chime in there and tell him he can't use them as a source? or did you just conveniently miss that?

Oh and as for your link, I'll raise you a politifact...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

Keep chasing that carrot tho lol one day you might get it. :rofl:

Edited by squishyx

Citizens are only allowed to challenge Bush, it is un-American to ask questions of the Messiah

Challenge away, I think asking if he is a legit American citizen is an important question. That said, he is has answered it, he has proven it, many independent groups have confirmed it. We should be focusing on actual issues but like I said if fanatics want to distract themselves with this red herring go nuts.

Most of those questions where answered already in Factchecks full response. If your only defense is "oh they are a left leaning source so they must be in bed with Obama" then I'll just say your source is right leaning and just a bunch of sore losers and are just as irrelevant too. Factcheck has proven over the last year to be an independent group that goes out of its way to criticizes all politicians regardless of party affiliations. DA8 just sourced them a month ago for their well written critique of Obama's TV spot. If they are so so left leaning why didn't you chime in there and tell him he can't use them as a source? or did you just conveniently miss that?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

I never claimed that they were a left leaning source, I posted an article saying that for this specific issue, the state of Hawaii never confirmed the claims that the birth certificate was authentic, and so for that specific article, what factcheck said COULD have been wrong.

You clearly seem to have great amounts of faith in the links you posted, despite the fact that other sources continue to describe facts such as that Hawaii never confirmed the validity.

So you can keep subscribing to the same idea, refusing to give it a second thought, while I research and read different opinions, taking into account each and every one. But one thing I refuse to do is shut dow any thought that might go against what the Obama admin said. You, my friend, can have fun doing just that.

For just one example of why I refuse to stop doubting,

Just a bit of advice, maybe you should try not attacking and belittling every single person who disagrees with you. People might take you a little more seriously. I can think of a few that would agree with me on this one.

Watch, I'll try and be you,

" :rofl: Keep eating up the crap being fed to you, you sheep"

Does that really add much to the conversation?

Edited by matcat1116

Whats funny is people pick what suits them to be fact. Yet no one has proof of their own just a link

Whats funny is people pick what suits them to be fact. Yet no one has proof of their own just a link

Whats funny to me is when links are acceptable proof when it's in their favor and when its not they question the validity of links in general. You have never seem to have a problem with your conservative friends posting links as proof (and for that matter I have no issues with it) but all of a sudden you are making this statement. Well maybe you have had a change of heart, I look forward to you calling out the next person who posts a link and says they are just believing a link without proving it themselves, in the interest of consistency and all.

I never claimed that they were a left leaning source, I posted an article saying that for this specific issue, the state of Hawaii never confirmed the claims that the birth certificate was authentic, and so for that specific article, what factcheck said COULD have been wrong.

Your article claimed it was, perhaps you should read your own sources closer and you would understand what I was talking about. If you don't agree with your source about that part what makes them more legitimate on other parts?

When I think about this whole situation I like to think of how I could prove I am a citizen. I have a birth certificate, it's locked away at my parents bank. I've seen it, it has no raised bump, it has no folds, its a small 6 x 10 piece of blue paper, it has a stamp for a doctors signature and all it has is my full name. I don't even think it has my parents name. What makes me anymore of a citizen then Obama? You have people fabricating issues, making something out of nothing, when they get perfectly good explanations they just go rant on some other tangent, if you take a step back and look at the grand scheme of things I think it reveals itself to be pretty clear this whole discussion is pointless.

You clearly seem to have great amounts of faith in the links you posted, despite the fact that other sources continue to describe facts such as that Hawaii never confirmed the validity.

So you can keep subscribing to the same idea, refusing to give it a second thought, while I research and read different opinions, taking into account each and every one. But one thing I refuse to do is shut dow any thought that might go against what the Obama admin said. You, my friend, can have fun doing just that.

For just one example of why I refuse to stop doubting,

Just a bit of advice, maybe you should try not attacking and belittling every single person who disagrees with you. People might take you a little more seriously. I can think of a few that would agree with me on this one.

Watch, I'll try and be you,

" :rofl: Keep eating up the crap being fed to you, you sheep"

Does that really add much to the conversation?

So you get all bent out of shape when I accuse you of being a birther and then say "one example of why I refuse to stop doubting"? Get your act straight, either you believe he was a citizen or you don't, don't get all pissy when you get called out for something you latter go on to admit.

Thanks for your advice, I might consider taking it had you bothered to follow it yourself :rolleyes:

Edited by squishyx

if you take a step back and look at the grand scheme of things I think it reveals itself to be pretty clear this whole discussion is pointless.

So you get all bent out of shape when I accuse you of being a birther and then say "one example of why I refuse to stop doubting"? Get your act straight, either you believe he was a citizen or you don't, don't get all pissy when you get called out for something you latter go on to admit.

Thanks for your advice, I might consider taking it had you bothered to follow it yourself :rolleyes:

That's what you think, because in your mind there is not a sliver of a chance that maybe, just maybe, there is a possibility other than what you cling on to.

Please define birther for me. Until you use real english words, I'm afraid I can't address anything you say about "what I am".

I do not know one way or the other, something I have stated from the beginning. I'm simply doubtful of what Obama says due to all the doubt and mystery surrounding the birth certificate. I don't believe for sure that he was born in Hawaii, nor do I believe for sure that he was born in Kenya, Indonesia, or anywhere else some people are claiming. See, in your mind, everyone falls into two categories: those who believe unconditionally what Obama says, and those who are "birthers" who are foolish and imbecilic. Maybe if you yourself had an open mind about it, you'd understand that some of us do. I posted the articles not to insist that he was a non-citizen, but to show that the debate certainly isn't over -something liberals like to claim a lot, e.g. global warming, healthcare, etc-, and to insult those who are still asking questions is silly. The fact is, until he comes out holding the birth certificate himself, showing it on TV, and holding it up to judges to dismiss the lawsuits, you have to wonder why he's not doing just that.

Edited by matcat1116

Whats funny to me is when links are acceptable proof when it's in their favor and when its not they question the validity of links in general. You have never seem to have a problem with your conservative friends posting links as proof (and for that matter I have no issues with it) but all of a sudden you are making this statement. Well maybe you have had a change of heart, I look forward to you calling out the next person who posts a link and says they are just believing a link without proving it themselves, in the interest of consistency and all.

Simply stating a fact regardless of who posts it.

That's what you think, because in your mind there is not a sliver of a chance that maybe, just maybe, there is a possibility other than what you cling on to.

Please define birther for me. Until you use real english words, I'm afraid I can't address anything you say about "what I am".

I do not know one way or the other, something I have stated from the beginning. I'm simply doubtful of what Obama says due to all the doubt and mystery surrounding the birth certificate. I don't believe for sure that he was born in Hawaii, nor do I believe for sure that he was born in Kenya, Indonesia, or anywhere else some people are claiming. See, in your mind, everyone falls into two categories: those who believe unconditionally what Obama says, and those who are "birthers" who are foolish and imbecilic. Maybe if you yourself had an open mind about it, you'd understand that some of us do. I posted the articles not to insist that he was a non-citizen, but to show that the debate certainly isn't over -something liberals like to claim a lot, e.g. global warming, healthcare, etc-, and to insult those who are still asking questions is silly. The fact is, until he comes out holding the birth certificate himself, showing it on TV, and holding it up to judges to dismiss the lawsuits, you have to wonder why he's not doing just that.

Anything in life is possible, I'm a strong believer in science and thus I accept that it's rare that anything is proven beyond any possible explanation. But I say that I believe Obama is as much as a citizen as I am, he is as much as a citizen as McCain, as much as a citizen as Bush or Cheney or Clinton or Rice or Palin or O'Reily, or Matthews or You. It's possible that Obama has some master plan in the works for 30 years to cover up his nation of birth, but it's just to remote to take seriously for me.

Like I said I think it was a legitimate question to ask, then it was answered, then it was proven, then independent groups proved it, judges threw out lawsuits from lack of evidence. He doesn't need to go on TV with a copy of his BC because it won't sway anyone's mind who thinks he is an illegal citizen. Look at all the proof that he is, and yet that's not good enough for them. People are dead set on this and it's fine if they want to waste their time, I don't think they are idiots but I do think they are hypocrites who probably never saw Bush's birth certificate once yet would probably just as blindly support that he is a citizen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.