Hockey News 2009-2010 Predictions

puckrock

Very likely because the Atlantic Division is full of sick teams with 4 out of 5 making the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons. The Rags, on paper, appear to be rank 4th among the 5. With the top 6 teams occupying the first 6, the Rags will need to battle some real tough teams for the last 2 playoff spots.

The article says that Dubinsky is the Rags' top line center, but I think he's still an RFA. Imagine how much worse off they'll be if he accepts an offer sheet.

I would absolutely love that, I'm wondering if they'd have the cap space to match. Lou??? I see a perfect solution to that 2nd line center conundrum... :P (I kid, of course)

Edit: according to this Dubinsky has yet to do anything.

Edited by RSC

I would absolutely love that, I'm wondering if they'd have the cap space to match. Lou??? I see a perfect solution to that 2nd line center conundrum... :P (I kid, of course)

Id take Dubinsky in a second.

Also, the rankings look good, but St Louis will definetly make the playoffs.

habs to finish 8th. anyone else disagree with that? i think they can pull of 5th or maybe 6th. with gio and gomer reunited i think they can make something happen there. either that or they will just suck like every other player to leave new jersey and miss the playoffs!

I wonder how Gomez will deal with the pressure. If he couldn't take it in New York, he'll be eaten alive in Montreal, especially when he starts taking games off. The problem with that line is that while they have the potential to be great, they are also a small line. They will be pushed around a bit.

Dubinsky is definitely still an RFA, but that site isn't totally accurate... Stephen Gionta re-signed with the Devils, and I'm pretty sure TG said that Patrick Davis accepted his qualifying offer.

Dubinsky's only leverage is an offer sheet from another team, which may never come but he appears to be waiting for that. That's my guess.

If he ends up signing for $2 million per year or less, I think we can take Lou to task for not coming up with an offer. I'd go three years and $9 million and watch the Rangers squirm. I think he's worth that ... or will be when he has his breakout season next year.

Dubinsky's only leverage is an offer sheet from another team, which may never come but he appears to be waiting for that. That's my guess.

If he ends up signing for $2 million per year or less, I think we can take Lou to task for not coming up with an offer. I'd go three years and $9 million and watch the Rangers squirm. I think he's worth that ... or will be when he has his breakout season next year.

I agree but there's basically collusion involved with NOT throwing out offer sheets. The two guys who did (Clarke and Lowe) were universally panned. If the NHLPA was the MLBPA a collusion case would have been in courts years ago :lol:

I agree but there's basically collusion involved with NOT throwing out offer sheets. The two guys who did (Clarke and Lowe) were universally panned. If the NHLPA was the MLBPA a collusion case would have been in courts years ago :lol:

Yeah, I suppose most GMs don't want to go there. Don't poach my guys, I won't poach yours. It's part of the bargaining agreement though. Might as well take advantage of it if you can make your team better.

Yeah, I suppose most GMs don't want to go there. Don't poach my guys, I won't poach yours. It's part of the bargaining agreement though. Might as well take advantage of it if you can make your team better.

the rangers would insta-match this offer. that's the main problem with the way it is set up. most of the time you don't even get the guy you want, and you end up simply driving his price up. if you do get him, you probably paid too much for him. the rangers actually have plenty of cap room right now - enough to sign dubinsky to a favorable long-term deal. unless they have some other wackiness up their sleeve, i'm kinda surprised that hasn't gotten done.

Edited by Triumph

the rangers would insta-match this offer. that's the main problem with the way it is set up. most of the time you don't even get the guy you want, and you end up simply driving his price up. if you do get him, you probably paid too much for him. the rangers actually have plenty of cap room right now - enough to sign dubinsky to a favorable long-term deal. unless they have some other wackiness up their sleeve, i'm kinda surprised that hasn't gotten done.

This hasn't gotten done becasuse the Rangers aren't giving him what he wants. And you're right, the Rangers have the cap room now to sign him. It'd be fun to see the Devils force the issue though. Plus, there's always the chance they won't match.

I just dont want to read about the trap... I dont knwo why -- I'm just NOT in the mood. I put not stock in it by this time but it's still fckin irritating -- you know? they just write it to be a$$holes. I hate how in hockey it is considered fun to be ann a$$hole. I love Claude but not a bunch of skinny wimpyassed sports writers trying to spew out their non-existent chippy edge. Just shut up - dispence with the attitude and write about hockey truthfully - ti's what your paid for,

and yet there's still our uproar which only eggs them on... it's just bullsh!t and i just not in the mood.

We're redoing our bathroom. :uni: beadboard and old fashioned pedestal sink - white stuff instead of the various shades of blue on toilet tub and sink. It's fun. I'm nervous and our tile which I even have over half of from my parents leftpvers will still cost us about $1000. and we're just doing the tub! 3 boxes of tile -- why not just ask us to bend over? anyhow...

so who is this Ann a$$hole of which I write? Hmeh I'm tired

habs to finish 8th. anyone else disagree with that? i think they can pull of 5th or maybe 6th. with gio and gomer reunited i think they can make something happen there. either that or they will just suck like every other player to leave new jersey and miss the playoffs!

It was a fluke until proven otherwise. I think Montreal has alot of potential to be this year's Tampa. And don't forget who the coach is.

I wasn't even talking about the Devils giving the offer sheet specifically, but I'd love to have Dubinsky. Either way, just giving an offer sheet to Dubinsky would be a win-win situation (maybe only for the fans though. We either get Dubinsky if the Rags don't match, or drive up his price and give him some leverage in his discussions with the Rangers. However, with Lou, I don't know if he'd risk alienating himself from the rest of the GM's by screwing over the Rags (although I'm sure many fans would love it).

I wasn't even talking about the Devils giving the offer sheet specifically, but I'd love to have Dubinsky. Either way, just giving an offer sheet to Dubinsky would be a win-win situation (maybe only for the fans though. We either get Dubinsky if the Rags don't match, or drive up his price and give him some leverage in his discussions with the Rangers. However, with Lou, I don't know if he'd risk alienating himself from the rest of the GM's by screwing over the Rags (although I'm sure many fans would love it).

That's not the way Lou goes about his business.

That's what I said. I don't expect Lou to give Dubinsky an offer sheet, but I'd love it if he did.

you just can't be that obsessed with what your fans want and what would take down your rival. It's not like we could ever in any world overtake them, so just go about your business and make the best team you can