THE SWEDE WATCH

Chimaira_Devil_#9

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tedenby's lack of points are a little worrying but if he plays upbeat and whatnot then we'll sweep it under the developmental curve :P

Yeah to be fair i dont think Matti is being used half as much as JJ.

JJ is on first line of the powerplay and getting a lot of ice time, where as Matti is third line and used sparingly on the Powerplay.

Its early days yet its not even competative hockey, but i am starting to see why more people were excited about drafting JJ.

With Urbom and Geilina's and JJ in this years draft class things are really looking good for the future.

Urbom looked pretty good in yesterday's game (9/19/09) against the Phantoms at the Prudential center. There was as I can best describe it "tenative moments" during the game, but they were sporadic. I'm sure more experience and the teachings of the Hall of Fame defensive staff will help him eliminate those moments. B )

Ok so i have all games downloaded and ready to go , so i will try and give an update over the weekend.

JJ had a fantastic first game getting 3 points (all assists) but still came up on the losing side when Djurgardens faced of with HV71. Matti again didnt register any noticable stats and that is going to be pretty hard to do when you only log 6.35 seconds the entire game!

A more comprehensive update to follow, which by the looks of things will mostly be on JJ.

...6 seconds? I didn't think it was possible for dressed players to get less ice time than Peter Worrell in his final seasons, but apparently I was wrong.

Hope this doesn't sound ignorant of me, but aside from his contractual obligation (not that I'm encouraging him to pull a reverse-Radulov), wouldn't Tedenby be better served getting more ice time in North America?

I believe he meant 6 and a half minutes.

Bergfors contract doesn't allow him to come over this year and since their is a transfer agreement between the leagues the NHL wouldn't allow him to play here.

I heard Tedenby was on the pk for a little bit in the game, which is weird.

Someone at HF said transfers work like soccer so if things didn't change fir Tedenby there would be a chance he could change teams just for cash considerations, which would probably be low since he won't play there next year.

...6 seconds? I didn't think it was possible for dressed players to get less ice time than Peter Worrell in his final seasons, but apparently I was wrong.

Hope this doesn't sound ignorant of me, but aside from his contractual obligation (not that I'm encouraging him to pull a reverse-Radulov), wouldn't Tedenby be better served getting more ice time in North America?

Sorry i ment 6 min 35 seconds!

I believe he meant 6 and a half minutes.

Bergfors contract doesn't allow him to come over this year and since their is a transfer agreement between the leagues the NHL wouldn't allow him to play here.

I heard Tedenby was on the pk for a little bit in the game, which is weird.

Someone at HF said transfers work like soccer so if things didn't change fir Tedenby there would be a chance he could change teams just for cash considerations, which would probably be low since he won't play there next year.

And i believe you ment Tedenby since Bergfors is already here. :)

Caught up with all the games so far:

Yesterday HV71 took on BK and won 4-2 Tedenby registered his first point of the campaign with a really nice centering pass for the left. He used his speed to get deep, he brought the puck from round his back to his front an waited for someone to jump in on the play and then laid the puck in for the perfect feed. a great goal and some good work from Matti.

He looked like he was trying to hard in the first two games and trying to do to much in his limited amount of time, but there is not question he has the offensive gifts to excell given the chance, his speed and stick handling are fantastic.

JJ played in a 2-1 OT defeat to MODO where Foppa made his return. JJ didnt pick up and points and got 2 minutes in the box, Foppa got the GWG and a primary assist.

In the first game he was impressive, he wasnt overly flashy but everything he does is solid , and he very rarely makes mistakes, None of his assists were spectacular but he made the right play and the right pass which is what good hockey is all about.

In the game with MODO JJ created the Screen on the Djurgarden goal.

The stats have been updated on the first page, JJ had even more ice in the last game taking his average for two games to just over 22 mins. Matti saw a slight increase getting 7 min 58 seconds over the 3 games.

In terms of team position HV are top with 3 wins out of 3, Djurgardens are third from botttom and only have 1 point for their OT loss to MODO

Don't want to knitpick but didnt Tedenby get a G not an A?

http://live2.hockeyligan.se/live_v4/index.html?game=20090928-HV71-MODO are my sources :P

Your looking at the wrong game my friend :whistling:

He has both now, i haven't done an update since HV played MODO as i have yet to watch the game.

He did get his first point which was an assist in the game against Fjarsted BK as i mentioned above (Josefson was playing MODO in the last game update i did), HV71 have since played MODO where he scored his fist goal of the season now giving him 2 points.

Also to update Djurg

ah i gotcha sry i just saw MODO and I think it threw me off lol

NP

I know i said i wouldnt cover Urbom because he is playing for the Wheeties but i saw this and had to post it:

Alexander Urbom

Position D

Shoots Left

Height 6'4"

Weight 216

Birthdate 12/20/1990

Hometown Djurgarden,Sweden

NICKNAMES: Alex

HOBBIES: Tennis

FAVORITE TELEVISION SHOW: 2 1/2 Men

FAVORITE MOVIE: Four Brothers

FAVORITE ACTOR: Danzel Washington

FAVORITE SOLO ARTIST: 50 Cent

FAVORITE CEREAL: Shreddies

FAVORITE SUPER HERO: Batman

FAVORITE NHL TEAM: New Jersey Devils

FAVORITE NHL PLAYER: Alex Ovechkin

FAVORITE PRO ATHLETE(Other than Hockey):

Usain Bolt

PERSON YOU WOULD LIKE TO MEET PAST OR PRESENT:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

FACT MANY PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME:

Allergic to cats

WHICH CURRENT NHLer WOULD YOU COMPARE YOUR GAME TO? Marc Staal

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR THEME SONG TO BE:

Slag Under Baltet - Swedish Song

BEST HOCKEY MEMORY: Drafted be New Jersey Devils

FAVORITE OPPOSING RINK TO PLAY IN:

Calgary

WHEN I'M NOT AT THE RINK, I'M MOST LIKELY:

Playing PS3

SOMETHING I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO BUT HAVEN'T YET: Sky Dive

WHAT'S YOUR WORST BIGGEST FEAR: Snakes

3 THINGS YOU WOULD WANT IF STANDED ON AN ISLAND:

Knife, Bed, Jessica Alba

:rofl:

JJ had another assist in a 5-1 win against Frolunda.

He had a really nice assist on the 4th goal where he controlled the puck just inside Frolunda's zone, spun around and laid the puck off to Kruger (who looks fantastic in the games i have seen him in) he also made a nice pass to Klubertanz who burried the puck.

Both players in action tonight HV tak on Timra, where Lance ward is expected to make his return to HV, and Djurgarden take on Brynas.

Stats updated.

NP

FAVORITE MOVIE: Four Brothers

FAVORITE SOLO ARTIST: 50 Cent

FAVORITE NHL TEAM: New Jersey Devils

FAVORITE OPPOSING RINK TO PLAY IN:

Calgary

3 THINGS YOU WOULD WANT IF STANDED ON AN ISLAND:

Knife, Bed, Jessica Alba

:rofl:

I like this guy especially the 50 cent and wanting to play in calgary I assume he's already wanting to take out Sutter :yea:

Both teams in action over the weekend , with netiher player picking up any points.

Both players Average ice time has fallen once again, Matti now only averaging 7.21 minutes a game, and JJ's dropping to around 18 minutes.

Kruger is now the leading scorer in the Elitserien followed by 6 HV71 players.

I have had a lot of things on latley so i havent had a chance to watch any of the games and really watch JJ or Matti play, hopefully when things settle down i will be able to give a proper update.

HV71 took on Brynas on the 6th and lost their first game of the season ( :( ) 2-1, on the posative side Matti got a primary assist on the goal from Oscar Sundh to tie the game in the third period.

JJ also played in Djurgardens 2-1 win over Linkoping, but failed to register any points. In Devils related news Niclas Havelid scored the lone goal for Linkopings.

As for Average TOI JJ has seen a big reduction in the last few games with his average between Djurgardens 4th and 5th game from 19.09 to 17.56. Matti saw a slight increase again to 8.07 minutes , thats right an extra 5 seconds.

Stats Updated at the top.

EDIT: JJ actually reduced his own ice time by taking two penalties in the game, he now leads his team in penalty minutes. I dont know wether this is a good thing in that he is getting invovled and not afraid to get stuck in or that he is making mistakes and taking penalties to make up for them.

I will know after watching the games

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9