THE SWEDE WATCH

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Jesus 11 whole days since i last updated this thread!!!

Well i have been busy preparing for my own hockey final with my hockey team , thats my excuse and im sticking with it.

So since so many games have been played since my last update here are the scores for each team:

HV71:

HV71 - F

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Propper update this time:

Matti: Things not looking good for Matti, case in point the last game which was a 5-4 win for HV he saw 1.54 seconds of ice time, in which he took a penalty. Which happened to be 2+10 for checking from behind, and it wasn

Propper update this time:

Matti: Things not looking good for Matti, case in point the last game which was a 5-4 win for HV he saw 1.54 seconds of ice time, in which he took a penalty.

What did he do? Hook a guy from the bench?!? :blink:

But seriously, thanks for the updates.

Edited by nyrsuck26

The prospects face off for the second time this season last night, and it was another close encounter, this time with Djurgardens walking away with the win 3-2 (Score 1 for JJ).

And the battle between the the prospects on the ice also went to JJ, as he bagged his first goal, unassisted to snap the tie in the third period, after Djurgardens had taken a 2 goal lead (score 2 for JJ).

But it wasn't all bad news for Matti, after his performance in the last game (all 1.54 seconds of it) he was rewarded with a season high TOI of 12 minutes, in which time he managed to get 5 shots off and pick up an additional 2 PIM's. He was also 0 +/- overall so he didnt contribute to any of the Djurgardens goals.

When i find a clip of the goal i will post it up here.

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=7296529409

Jim Morrison over at HF posted this video of Tedenby's game today. He scores a goal earlier in the clip but his abuse of this guy 1 on 1 at 1:52 and 2:18 are the fun ones to watch, IMO.

Sick skills but I still wonder why he hasn't developed a defensive game. He knows thats where he is weak.

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=7296529409

Jim Morrison over at HF posted this video of Tedenby's game today. He scores a goal earlier in the clip but his abuse of this guy 1 on 1 at 1:52 and 2:18 are the fun ones to watch, IMO.

the guy hauls him down on the one at 1:52. so on the next one he makes the other guy fall. that move at 2:18 is ridiculous. i love this thread.

Little bit of a turn around for Matti , getting his second goal of the season in a 4-1 win against Froulunda (Devils731 poasted the goal). The biggest difference for Matti? 17.45 TOI, a ten minute increase is going to do that for you. Didnt last long though, HV just defeated Timra 4-3 in OT, Matti's TOI 5.42 seconds.

JJ was back on the third line again for the game against SSK, only saw 13.34 on the ice, Djurgardens just finnished the game against Rogle he was on the second line this time, seeing 16.21, but no points in either game.

Im not gonna be able to post any updates for a week because im away.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently tedenby is day to day with bruised ribs.

Anyone have any info on this injury?

He picked up the nock playing for Sweden u-20's.

Not sure when he is going to be back, he is waiting for the x-ray results to come back.

He said he enjoyed playing in Canada and said the smaller rink suited his game.

Deffinatley think this will be his last season in sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i have missed so many games to recap each one so im going to start fresh again.

Update 24/11/09

Matti has made his return from injury, but JJ missed the last game, have yet to find out why.

Since i last updated this JJ has played a further 7 games adding 2 goals and no assists to his total for the season.

Matti has played a further 6 games and only added an assist to his season totals.

JJ's ice time has dropped to an average of 16 minutes a game, Matti is still averaging about 9 minutes a game.

More analysis to come.

Tedenby and Josefson make Sweden U-20 team. Urbom doesn't make it. I don't know the defenseman that did make it but it seems hard to believe that Urbom played so well for the Devils in camp, has been really strong for his juniors team, has size, and is used to the smaller NA rinks and didn't grab any spots.

tedenby and josefsson in WJC, no urbom... apparently the coach wanted a police type of physical defenseman and he said that because urbom has been asked to be more of a playmaker in his junior team he didnt really fit the role.

sure. i'm sure they can't use a guy like urbom and have 6 better defenders. :rolleyes:

tedenby just got havelid's stick in the face and lost a couple of teeth

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserien/1.1798295/har-far-tedenby-tanderna-utslagna

Didn't he already lose some teeth two summers ago in the World juniors camp? Poor kid, I guess we can't be too angry when he's on the Devils and steps to the side every time a shot is fired from the point. He should wear a Colin White visor.

tedenby and josefsson in WJC, no urbom... apparently the coach wanted a police type of physical defenseman and he said that because urbom has been asked to be more of a playmaker in his junior team he didnt really fit the role.

Wasnt there some sort of dispute when Urbom was with Djurgarden which resulted in him being discounted by the Swedish selectors.

Edit: It was actually with Djurgarden when he refused to sign a new contract he was banned by them from playing in juniors and for Djurgarden, whihc is why he left to go to the CHL this season.

Its a shame that the selectors see him that way because although he has been good with his play making this year his defensive play has been far better according to most.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

tedenby just got havelid's stick in the face and lost a couple of teeth

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserien/1.1798295/har-far-tedenby-tanderna-utslagna

Nice to se Havelid continuing to hurt the Devils even after he left the team :whistling: