THE SWEDE WATCH

Chimaira_Devil_#9

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't waste Josefson on the 3rd line, you develop him in PP situations and with high skilled players. He has the potential to be a top line pivot in the NHL. Tedenby needs to learn to move the puck and get open. For all the skill that he possesses he isn't very good offensively other then on the rush. Some coaching may help with that. Both should be in the AHL next year, another year in Sweden won't hurt Josefson, especially considering his point curve he would be expected to put up close to a PPG next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Im not going to lie i have been completley unable to keep up with the Swede's since the start of the year (heavy workload and busy weekends playing hockey myself). :evilcry:

From now on i will just post stats updates and if i find anything interesting i will throw it on here.

Since my last update Tedenby has scored 6 goals and had 1 assist in 7 games. He is still only getting 10 minutes of ice a night, but he is using it much more effectivley. He is still racking up the penalty minutes adding another 6 across the 7 games.

JJ has slowed a little putting up 2 goals and an assist since the last update. He is a plus 7 and is getting 15.33 of ice time a night. JJ also added an additional 6 PIM since the last update.

• 3 weeks later...

they're improving!

The only problem is that they should be improving. Josefson has a worse year then was expected of him. He is still an elite prospect. His hands impressed me more then I thought they would. His speed could use a little jump but judging the way he works on his game, I say it comes around.

So would it be safe to assume the Tedenby, Josefsen and Urbom are all in Lowell next year?

I would certainly think Tedenby will be, and most probably Urbom.

I dont know about Josefsons contract status, if he is signed to a deal like Tedenby he might have anohter year left. If not i would have thought they will all be over next year :)

Just an updated Tedenby is on fire of late, 3 more goals in 5 games he is now up to 12 for the season. most of which have come in the last two months.

Josefson has only added 1 assist.

• 2 weeks later...

The SEL playoffs started the other day.

Both prospects are still in contention.

HV71 and Tedenby topped the SEL to go throught to the playoffs as number 1 seed. Djurgarden and Josefson finnished second.

So the end of season stats look like this:

Elitserien:                 
GP G A P +/- PIM TOI/GP
Mattias Tedenby 44 12 7 19 5 36 9.58
Jacob Josefson 43 8 12 20 7 22 15.33

Considering the difference in ice time they have finnished very close in terms of points. Although Tedenby only finnished up a point behind, he put most of those up in the last 10 games of the season. Josefson was far more consitatn with his play throughout the year.

Compared to last season Josefson put up four more points than his first full season in the SEL in 7 less games.

This could be considered Tedenbys fist full season , as he failed to play in more than 40 games in either of his first two seasons, however he did put up 6 points (3g 3a) in 23 games (2007/08) and 4 points (3g 1a) in 32 games (2008/09). So a 15 point increase from the previous season is no bad thing.

Both have played in every playoff game so far both putting up 1 poing (1a) each. Tedenby will be hoping to replicat his playoff form from 08/09 where he put up 9 points in 18 games in HV's run which ended in defeat in the finals to Färjestads BK.

Elitserien Playoffs:                 
GP G A P +/- PIM TOI/GP
Mattias Tedenby 3 0 1 1 0 0 12.38
Jacob Josefson 3 0 1 1 1 2 13.1

Alex Urbom is also into the plaoffs of the WHL.

He finnished the WHL regular season with 33 points in 66 games and a +45 (5th best in the WHL).

His end of season stats are:

GP G A PTS +/- PIM
66 12 21 33 45 87

So far he has played in all 3 of Brandons playoff games scoring a goal .

GP G A PTS +/- PIM
3 1 0 1 1 4

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Josefson has verbally agreed to a one year extension with Djurgarden.

Jacob Josefson, forward. Kommentar: Är muntligen överens med Djurgården om ett nytt ettårskontrakt. Viktig förlängning.

Translation

Jacob Josefson, forward. Kommentar: Är muntligen överens med Djurgården om ett nytt ettårskontrakt. Comment: Is the oral agreement with Djurgarden for a new one-year contract. Viktig förlängning. Important extension.

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserien/1.1948315/danielsson-tvingas-bort-fran-difPer

Looks like Josefson has verbally agreed to a one year extension with Djurgarden.

Translation

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserien/1.1948315/danielsson-tvingas-bort-fran-difPer

As long as he gets top line ice time I don't have a problem with this because if that's the case then he could probably skip a year in Lowell and make the jump straight to the NHL, if he develops how he should.

Game 1 advantage Josefsson and Djurgården.

Josefsson scored in game 1 to give Djurgården a 3-1 lead.

Game highlights can be found here:

Link

In WHL news Alex Urbom is enjoyinh the playoffs:

In 10 post season games he has scored 3 goals and added 3 assists for 6 points.

The Wheat Kings now take on the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL eastern confrence final.

Game 1 advantage Josefsson and Djurgården.

Josefsson scored in game 1 to give Djurgården a 3-1 lead.

Game highlights can be found here:

Link

In WHL news Alex Urbom is enjoyinh the playoffs:

In 10 post season games he has scored 3 goals and added 3 assists for 6 points.

The Wheat Kings now take on the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL eastern confrence final.

Not to be picky, but damn for the playoffs that is some pretty crappy d-zone coverage on both sides. that doesn't happen here. also, what a cool language. sounds as if they answer every question with a a question?? maybe it's too difficult to be emphatic in swedish.

Game 2 went the Way of HV71 in a 4-3 OT winner.

Josefson scored for the second game in a row, but it wasnt enough, and HV took it in OT

Game 3 was the turn of Tedenby to shine. snapping a 0-0 tie in the third period. Djurgardens didnt give up and tied it up with 51 seconds remaning in the 3rd to force the second straight OT.

Again HV71 took it in OT to give them a 2-1 series lead.

In the WHL

Urbom and the Wheatkings took the first game 4-2,but then dropped the next two 3-2 in OT and 6-3. Urbom hasnt put up any points in the series so far but he remains a +1 in the 3 games.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9