newjerseydevils.com Facelift

OfficialDL

Not bad...I like the idea behind it but the execution is lacking. The player image of Parise doesn't integrate well into the side though. And the "Jersey's Team" seems like an afterthought. I love the Jersey in the background but its hard to use an image like that without getting conflicting images...basically the background draws your eye and a lot of other things don't pop enough. That and the image ends without compensation on the bottom of the site so there is the divisive line on the bottom between the image and the color of the background...minor qualms and i'm not totally sold on the link bar but who am i? :)

Why don't I have a graphic design job with the Devils?? anyone? :D

thats the execution part I was talking about. Just looked at the Sabres site and yeah, most of my complaints about the Devils site are taken care of there. The image goes all the way down, the header is a different image so the wordmark and logo pop...the link bar seems pretty uniform just a different color but it makes a difference here. The Devils would probably benefit from making it red. That and the Sabres don't use a player image so people working with lower resolution monitors don't miss anything. Anyway...

is this an improvement?...the old site was so-so and so is this

This is the site of a professional sports team for hell's sake... to be honest it completely lacks excitement, feeling and it is functionally, mediocre.

just my 2 cents

This is the site of a professional sports team for hell's sake... to be honest it completely lacks excitement, feeling and it is functionally, mediocre.

just my 2 cents

+1, and msweet gets it!!

just my 2 cents

How right you are msweet, however more important to me is putting a highly competitive team on the ice this year with Marty staying focused a full 60 minutes not 59 minutes and 20 second. Big game goalies playing big game hockey don't break down 80 seconds before the end of the game and then blame everyone else.

I earned the title Broken Record.

Edited by LucifersDog

How right you are msweet, however more important to me is putting a highly competitive team on the ice this year with Marty staying focused a full 60 minutes not 59 minutes and 20 second. Big game goalies playing big game hockey don't break down 80 seconds before the end of the game and then blame everyone else.

I earned the title Broken Record.

Proof ? Link.

You don't like Brodeur as you have made clear in no uncertain terms in the past. You are not alone, half the fans on this board don't like him either.

The new site is alright. I don't like how unfinished it looks. I definitely like how the Sabres one is designed. It doesn't focus on one player and looks cleaner.

Proof ? Link.

You don't like Brodeur as you have made clear in no uncertain terms in the past. You are not alone, half the fans on this board don't like him either.

There are a number of posters that don't like Brodeur but it's hard for me to accept that it's 50% of the board. Most here drink Lou's and Marty's koolaid.

Pats are winning.

There are a number of posters that don't like Brodeur but it's hard for me to accept that it's 50% of the board. Most here drink Lou's and Marty's koolaid.

Pats are winning.

OH NO, not another bandwagon Pats fan are you ? there's enough of them on this board as it is.(even though they won't admit it)

Believe me, there are a ton of posters that don't like Marty, although some may not admit it if asked today I could dig up some old posts to prove it (unless of course they scramble to edit them)

No link or proof to state where Marty blamed someone else for the loss to the Canes ?

No link or proof to state where Marty blamed someone else for the loss to the Canes ?

Not to stick up for LucifersDog -- because he hates Brodeur beyond all reason -- but I think he's referring to a few short questionable comments Marty made after Game 7 -- comments that were dissected in this forum in the days, weeks, that followed the stunning defeat.

I don't remember everything Marty said, but he said something about the team having had chances in Game 7 to put the game away but instead let the Canes hang around -- making it seem like the Devils lost the game because they didn't score enough goals, not because he gave up two killers within the last minute and a half of the game.