Madden 10

nmigliore

I'm a PS-3... and you're an X-Box... can't happen... sorry!!!

I dunno is it REALLY any better then '09??? I miss the 06 version when you could draft people and make them into Gods by using them all the time... the lame training sequences kinda suck (I liked it better as a pre-season training camp goodie)

I'm totally down... my month and a half internship ends in a week, so on my way home from the airport I'm going to pick up a copy. If you're not starting right away, I'd love to join.

I'm in as well. I'm gonna pick up a copy on my way home from football practice tomorrow.

I'm in as well. I'm gonna pick up a copy on my way home from football practice tomorrow.

nice, i would like to get at least 5 teams (right now we have 3 with me, you, and MB).. once we get everyone we can pick teams.

and MB thats no problem, i could use an extra week or so practice since im terrible in Madden :D

nice, i would like to get at least 5 teams (right now we have 3 with me, you, and MB).. once we get everyone we can pick teams.

and MB thats no problem, i could use an extra week or so practice since im terrible in Madden :D

Nmig, do you know what the online leagues in 10 are like? Cause I did one in 09 last year with a bunch of my friends and it was more of a round robin tourney than an NFL season. D'ya know if its like Franchise mode this year?

Nmig, do you know what the online leagues in 10 are like? Cause I did one in 09 last year with a bunch of my friends and it was more of a round robin tourney than an NFL season. D'ya know if its like Franchise mode this year?

nah i haven't checked it out yet but i just checked the back of the cover it says this:

"Build An Online Franchise: Battle for franchise dominance online with leagues of 32 teams. View standings and stats, make trades, manage depth charts, and more - all from your Xbox 360 or league custom web page online."

so yeah it sounds like they actually have a legit franchise system in now.. just to be safe ill check anyway tonight or tomorrow.. if worse comes to worst we could always just play exhibition games, but i would like to have the online franchise mode so it keeps stats/standings/etc just so it makes it easier for myself.

Edited by nmigliore

demo impressions: the tutorial seemed kinda long but i guess i was just so anxious to get in a game ... when you do they stick you in a game 7 between wings/pens and you play the 3rd period.

it looked as if they FINALLY added a playoff mode (my cousin and I love doing tournaments vs the CPU but we always had to play round-robin style in previous EA NHL titles).. as for the gameplay it was basically the same thing as NHL 09 (which is a good thing) with some small tweaks.. you can pin people against the boards and fight for the puck.. there is also a period of time after a whistle where you can check people and this time the computer responds, but they also hand out penalties.. you can edit the setting of this i believe, i had it on 'relaxed'. the atmosphere seems alot better too, in the playoff mode they let you play in all the fans have playoff towels and stuff.. and of course the fighting is totally different and its 1st-person.

Another thing my wife pointed out was that during the games the fans volume actually goes up and down. After the whistle you start a small scrum and the fans start getting into it, but as more and more players start a scrum the fans get louder instead of having it stay at one level. Thought that was kinda cool.

Side note - I keep getting a "Disc read error" at times when trying to play the demo. Which doesn't make sense because it's all on the HD. Any thoughts?

it looked as if they FINALLY added a playoff mode

it's called Battle for the Cup mode I think and there are supposed to be storylines involving retaliation between teams, struggling players, etc.

btw, I love how this turned into an NHL thread

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so the online franchise costs 800 microsoft points, and normally i wouldn't mind purchasing it but i dont have any points on my account. I guess we are gonna do this the old fashion way; ill make the schedule and the winner of each game will post the score.

just a few things i need first -

what team are you gonna be? im gonna be the jets..

how many games should i make the schedule?

if everyone is still in, it will be just 1 division of 6 teams (me, stevens, rsc, cracker, MB, and jesterdevil) .. im thinking 3 teams make the playoffs - the division winner gets a 1st round playoff bye (thus they are in the championship game) and the winner of the 2nd vs 3rd game plays the division winner for the championship.

Edited by nmigliore

Okay so the online franchise costs 800 microsoft points, and normally i wouldn't mind purchasing it but i dont have any points on my account. I guess we are gonna do this the old fashion way; ill make the schedule and the winner of each game will post the score.

just a few things i need first -

what team are you gonna be? im gonna be the jets..

how many games should i make the schedule?

if everyone is still in, it will be just 1 division of 6 teams (me, stevens, rsc, cracker, MB, and jesterdevil) .. im thinking 3 teams make the playoffs - the division winner gets a 1st round playoff bye (thus they are in the championship game) and the winner of the 2nd vs 3rd game plays the division winner for the championship.

800 microsoft points?! i'm in an online franchise, and haven't heard of such a thing. but maybe that's because i'm not the commissioner?

i'm going to be the dolphins if this league is going to happen...