NHL 10 EA Sports

LaCava83

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN reviewed it and gave it a 8.7 - linky

8.5 Presentation

Easily negotiable menus throughout every mode help manage the influx of information. On-ice things are identical to last year less the new crowd reactions to playoff hockey.

8.0 Graphics

The framerate problems are starting to get a little ridiculous. Player details look awesome and animations are varied and nicely detailed.

8.5 Sound

The soundtrack is serviceable but custom music is cool. Effects are solid; namely the thunderous checks. Slappers could be better. Duo in the booth is entertaining and informative.

9.0 Gameplay

Everything from skating to checking to blocking shots feels great. It’d be nice if things were more different from NHL 09, but if it ain’t broke then it clearly doesn’t need fixing.

8.5 Lasting Appeal

There’s really no headlining mode to lead the troop into battle and the package suffers because of it. There’s still a ton of great gameplay to be found for sixty bucks even if most of it is old hat.

Edited by nmigliore

Yea i went to TCNJ.

ohhhh that's awesome.. I guess you were also familiar with the lack of MSG channels for watching games.. Luckily my house got FiOS.. I live on Steinway which is by where Green Lane and Pennington Ave. meet

Playing the game as I type.. It's awesome!!

Edited by Colin226

Elias 86

Parise 86

Langenbrunner 64

Rolston 82

Shanahan 82

Zajac 82

Martin 80

Oduya 80

White 80

Zubrus 79

Salvador 78

Clarkson 77

Greene 77

Pandolfo 77

Mottau 76

Vrana 74

Walter 74

Leach 72

PLLL 71

Brodeur 91

Currently in Lowell:

Vasyunov 80

Pikkarainen 79

Eckford 77

Halischuk 75

Bergfors 74

Corrente 74

Fraser 74

Pelley 74

Zharkov 70

Frazee 74

FYI Tedenby is in the game with HV71. You can put him on the Devils I believe by doing some roster editing.

Be A Pro still has wacky trade logic. I played the Juniors game and got drafted by Vancouver, which is fine, but then it goes through the offseason and there are ton of trades right off the bat.

Hey guys, For anyone that's interested in taking their NHL 10 experience to the next level with custom music, I came across this website tonight:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/356878-nhl-10-sounds-thread-7.html

This guy just released an entire customized sound pack for every team in the league. He's got AC/DC's Thunderstruck for the Devs intro and Rock and Roll Part 2 for our goal song. It's a major upgrade over the 15 repetitive songs that come with the game.

All you need to do is scroll about halfway down the page. There's a post from a guy named "TNKNGM" which has a link to download the song pack. If you read the rest of the thread it explains how to upload them to your PS3 (might work for Xbox too?)

Edited by Hell in Boston #30

maybe its just me but i always seem to get 'the game is no longer available' when searching for 1vs1 versus games

edit: few other things - im not sure why they have parise as a center instead of zajac.. and its also weird to have ben walter as the 3rd line center :P .. as for the game, i always sucked on breakaways, but they seem even harder now. and the goalies actually use the poke check which is cool i guess.

Edited by nmigliore

edit: few other things - im not sure why they have parise as a center instead of zajac.. and its also weird to have ben walter as the 3rd line center :P ..

im still appalled that EA still havent gotten this right, considering Parise hasnt been C for over a season atleast.

im on PS3 if anyone wants a play, PSN: dark_tranq

played a couple of games online with a friend (buffalo), won 1 game each. played a couple against the CPU.

overall love the feel of the game. i just need to practice the face-offs :/

wish there was a practice mode for this.

I haven't seen 1 penalty shot yet.. RSC what mode are they occurring in? I have mostly played online 1v1 and offline vs the CPU.

also the Online Team Play games (not EASHL) seem like they are going to take an incredibly long time to finish.. I'm judging this by only 1 game but everyone was taking penalties and the fighting/scrumming after the whistle really got annoying. It took about 30 minutes to finish the 1st period the other day, no joke.

Im not really a big fan of OTP anyway, if I wanted to play with other people on my team I could do it with my EASHL teammates

Edited by nmigliore