Njdevs Fantasy Hockey

NJDevs4978

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably don't let laptops in, right? :lol: It's only preseason, maybe I'll skip the game

i was thinking that too, but I love the preseason. It's nice seeing some of the guys who may show up later in the year. Tomorrow will be great, seeing Danis and maybe Frazee, plus Zharkov, Vasyunov, Cormier, Urborn. Ah well, I'll have to make a decision I guess.

i was thinking that too, but I love the preseason. It's nice seeing some of the guys who may show up later in the year. Tomorrow will be great, seeing Danis and maybe Frazee, plus Zharkov, Vasyunov, Cormier, Urborn. Ah well, I'll have to make a decision I guess.

Ya, by the 29th it'll probably just be the regular season roster anyway though, I like the earlier games when we see more rookies the most.

Ya, by the 29th it'll probably just be the regular season roster anyway though, I like the earlier games when we see more rookies the most.

That's what I was thinking too...I do usually take preseason games into account, but most people that join the league on a fairly regular basis don't seem to be sth's anyway and like you said it'll be a runthrough for the regular roster by that point.

I could have made it the 22nd but in my PM's to everyone I said between the 23rd and 29th so didn't want to spring that on anyone, plus I wanted to give the autodrafters as much time to set their board as plausible.

Edited by Hasan4978

• 2 weeks later...

My memory's slightly hazy but I think the draft as a whole lasted about 2-2 1/2 hours last year and we had pretty good attendance for the live draft. Two hours divided by 18 (rounds) would mean 7 minutes per round. A two and a half hour draft would mean a little over 8 minutes on average.

When I ever get around to it I'll send a PM reminder for the draft to everyone since it's just three plus days away now, in case a lot of people turn off the Yahoo! e-mail notifications. To think I thought I was doing the draft too late but with all these last-minute trades and signings (Kessel, Heatley, Maholtra, etc) probably a good thing we're having it just before the season.

And no, there've never been keepers here.

Edited by Hasan4978

Other than the fact that my team is softer than Charmamin I'm okay with my draft :lol: Brodeur dropping to #7 must be the lowest he's ever been picked. It did seem like most people in the draft can rank better than Yahoo! (i.e. a lot of smart picks) :P

A handful of guys really fell in the draft, Kovalchuk and Iginla went 20-21st. Also, Vector Hedman in the later rounds (10-12 I believe I picked him) was pretty good as well.

Picking players led to poor goalie depth, Marty Turco and Ty Conklin aren't going to be the death of me, but I should have taken a goalie before the third round.

I didn't realize that there was only one starting goalie instead of 2 like in the standard leagues so I ended up with Miller and Khabibulin. Oh and got Cody Hodgson for utility only to find out he'd been sent down to juniors a couple days ago :doh1:

A handful of guys really fell in the draft, Kovalchuk and Iginla went 20-21st.

Picking players led to poor goalie depth

Going into the draft I told myself I wasnt' going to take a goalie until late, Then i did the exact opposite and took two goalies in my first 5 picks.

The conventional wisdom in this league is that with 20 starting goalies, and goalie catagories making up half of the points your team receives, you need a strong goalie if you want to win. However the disparity in goalie stats has really diminished, and new goalies emerge every year from injuries and uncertain goalie committees. Usually it seems like the team that wins is the team that gets lucky with one of these late round goalie picks or makes a smart FA pickup, and spends their early picks on top flight skaters.

My first pick was autodrafted because my computer froze. I landed Nabakov with that pick so I was ok with that. My wife completed the draft for me and I'm satisfied with the results. With 20 teams drafting its slim pickings by the 4th round. Let the games begin!

Is anyone else having a problem adjusting your daily roster. My roster doesn't show up unless I set it up to "drop" a player.

Ya, I've had problem with the roster part of the page not loading properly. Usually hitting refresh a few times will bring up a workable version at some point.

Is anyone else having a problem adjusting your daily roster. My roster doesn't show up unless I set it up to "drop" a player.

It's been a serious issue all day for me. Doesn't matter what connection or network I'm on, nor what browser I use... just comes up blank each time. The one temporary fix I've found is if you use Firefox, go to your team roster page, then click "View" and change "Page Style" to "No Style." It turns everything into standard text and it looks ugly as sin, but it lets you at least modify your lineups and view your team roster.

I sent a complaint to Yahoo, and I know several others have, too.