Njdevs Fantasy Hockey

NJDevs4978

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically any of my defensemen outside of Vishnovsky are available for a competent LW or RW, doesn't matter.

EDIT: Adding Lombardi to the trade pool, didn't want to give up my C depth because Saku's probably going to break down but he really is my best disposable part right now.

Edited by Hasan4978

• 2 weeks later...

How the heck did Bergfors fall all the way to Manta in waivers after he was already at the bottom of the list?! I actually had a claim in then made a couple of moves and wasn't really sure who I wanted to drop, figured I wouldn't get him anyways though (I was way down the waiver chain myself after getting Stillman) so it wasn't even worth sorting that out :argh:

Edited by Hasan4978

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be opposed to a limited keeper but it's hard to have a keeper league when there's usually some turnover (six-seven teams) every year.

If we had the same twenty every year or close enough to it that'd be different but there's never a season where all twenty are active so it's nice to have some flexibility there to get new, eager people in although there are a solid group of like 5-7 teams that will play it out every year including me, you, Manta, halfshark, the two Swedes and maybe a couple others. And some of our newer players have been active enough so they can stay around for another season if they want but there are some that haven't been as much.

And the trade deadline passed anyway, it was just a day or two after the actual NHL one, and I think there were a significant number of trades overall this year. I don't have a list to judge how it compares to past years, but it feels like there were more this season than in most.

Edited by Hasan4978

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, I'm gonna be even more ticked off if Mottau and the Devils cost me a fantasy title in the last thirty seconds. Getting a head-to-head win against Niemi (Devilswede's goalie) and a shutout to boot would have been huge at this point. I guess that's what I have coming to me for relying on the Devils' d for ANYthing :rant:

Edited by Hasan4978

• 2 weeks later...

Another frustrating season comes to an end.

Congrats to Hasan who according to Stattracker pulled it off.

Sigh, I made some stupid moves this year, the only great trade I made was for Theodore and Pavelski and then I blew that by giving away Theodore a week later.

Time to move on to the real season...

Another frustrating season comes to an end.

Congrats to Hasan who according to Stattracker pulled it off.

Is it bad form to post a congratulations thread to myself? :lol:

I figured that's how Devilswede had to know (based on what he posted on his team page) but I still obsessively checked all the categories manually to make sure since I have problems loading StatTracker lol, plus I know for a fact OT/SO goalie losses show up as losses at first but later aren't counted in the standings. That category didn't change though and my calculations did confirm the overall result.

So three titles in seven fantasy seasons, my first since the lockout though - and first as commish after winning the other two when NJay started and ran the league. My fans demand excellence and I finally delivered again :evil:

And second of the three fantasy titles with Marty in net. Even with his second half slump he was still the difference down the stretch. Although getting Backstrom with a late second round pick really helped, next year he should be a top ten pick at least. God, if I'd picked Savard over him (he was my other choice there) that would have really sunk me.

My offense as a whole raked and it had to, given my shortcoming in finding PIM's which I thought would kill me. And much like the Devils, my D was more than the sum of its parts and as Andy Greene filled in for the Devils when Paul Martin went down, he helped me big-time when Kronwall was hurt.

Overall though this was an awesome race, there were probably ones that finished closer but I'm not sure any of them were this back and forth. I was 17 points up in mid-January then like 14 points down in early March, when I finally caught Devilswede it turned into a game of leapfrog. Six and a half points up with five to go, three and a half points back with three to go. And a lead change on the last day.

After finishing second to him last year, I'm just glad I was in first on the right day this year. Odds are if the season had lasted a day or two longer I would have been behind again. I wouldn't be shocked if next year was Ali-Frazier III, the rubber match although I'm sure the eighteen other teams will have something to say about that ;)

This was a terrific race, and as a whole we had a very active league with trades. I'd say like 70-75% of the teams remained active all the way through which is pretty good for a 20-team league, plus some of the new blood did really well in the standings.

So now I get the ability to choose my draft spot next year, I'll probably stick with the number one pick like everyone else who's had the option. I already have a pretty good idea of who I'd pick...I'll probably miss Marty next year but someone else can enjoy him next year :)

Edited by Hasan4978