NFL Week ONE!

CRASHER

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You played the Texans, not exactly le creme de le creme.. But I enjoy seeing Jets fans get cocky to watch their team get embarrassed in the end.

who were being built up as the team to beat, this is their year! Shaub, Slaton, Johnson vs rookie coach, QB etc. They get smacked around by the Jets...now they're back to being the worthless Texans. Can't give the Jets any credit of course. :whistling:

Wow. The Dolphins could not have gotten sloppier today. They really beat themselves up with 4 turnovers.

The Dolphins' offensive line really concerns me. It's one of the highest paid lines in the NFL, and Chad Pennington had no time to throw all day. In particular, Jake Long got beat like a drum every snap by John Abraham.

Pennington is starting to worry me. For the most part, he was very Chad-like accuracy wise. However, his lack of arm strength made Atlanta put 8-9 guys in the box every play, putting pressure on both the pass and run game. It bothers me that every other QB in the NFL airs the ball out 60 yards with a flick of the wrist. Teddy Ginn is oozing with potential, and quite frankly, I'm sick of him always being wide open down the field, and not getting the ball his way. I love Chad to death and think he's the most underrated player under center in the game, but he was exposed today--put pressure on him and stuff the box. The Falcons did what the Ravens did to Chad Pennington and the offensive line in last year's playoff game.

Is it possible to list Pat White as a WR, therefore we can activate Chad Henne as our 2nd string QB, and deactivate someone like Lex Hilliard? The 4th quarter would have been a great time for Henne to get some work today.

Anthony Fasano had Fumbleitis today and the Falcons capitalized from it. Ridiculous.

Ricky Williams, Davone Bess, and offensive coordinator Dan Henning were the bright spots for the offense this afternoon.

Defensively, I loved what I saw today. Michael Turner got stuffed every single play--big part to Jason Ferguson plugging up both A gaps and pushing their center backwards all game. Jason Taylor really got after it, and I'm thrilled he's back in aqua and orange. The Fins definitely improved in pass defense, which is refreshing since our pass d has sucked since the Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Brock Marion days. The Falcons potent offense really scared me going into the game, but I think Miami's defense really stepped up to the challenge.

The Dolphins have the worst special teams in the NFL, by far.

To make matters worse, the Jets dominated a good football team today. Mark Sanchez looked very good, and Rex Ryan has done wonders to that defense.

Bad day to be a Dolphins fan, but I said the same thing this time last year and look what happened! Don't panic Fins fans; it's a long season. I'm excited and confident were next week's game: Monday night versus the Colts.

Pennington is starting to worry me. For the most part, he was very Chad-like accuracy wise. However, his lack of arm strength made Atlanta put 8-9 guys in the box every play, putting pressure on both the pass and run game. It bothers me that every other QB in the NFL airs the ball out 60 yards with a flick of the wrist. Teddy Ginn is oozing with potential, and quite frankly, I'm sick of him always being wide open down the field, and not getting the ball his way. I love Chad to death and think he's the most underrated player under center in the game, but he was exposed today--put pressure on him and stuff the box. The Falcons did what the Ravens did to Chad Pennington and the offensive line in last year's playoff game.

Even with the Jets it was the same thing with Chad, he's intelligent enough to carve up bad defenses but against a good defense he can be overmatched. He can throw the ball in the air 50-60 yards, the thing where his arm strength does get him into trouble is he has no zip on the 15-20 yard outs.

who were being built up as the team to beat, this is their year! Shaub, Slaton, Johnson vs rookie coach, QB etc. They get smacked around by the Jets...now they're back to being the worthless Texans. Can't give the Jets any credit of course. :whistling:

Bingo...but hey we're playing the big, bad bear next week. People will have to give the Jets credit if they finally beat Brady and the Pats at home. For crying out loud we're due to get them in NY.

Even with the Jets it was the same thing with Chad, he's intelligent enough to carve up bad defenses but against a good defense he can be overmatched. He can throw the ball in the air 50-60 yards, the thing where his arm strength does get him into trouble is he has no zip on the 15-20 yard outs.

First, I agree about your analysis on Chad's arm. He can throw the ball 60 yards. I've seen him do it. May I mention that flea-flicker to Ted Ginn at the Jets game last December? But you're right, he lacks zip. He's all about those "touch" passes.

But the thing that concerned me today was Atlanta has one of the worst pass defenses in the league, or at least they did last year. On the contrary, at least as a Dolphin he tends to rise to his best play against the better defenses. He carved up the Patriots twice, the Ravens during the regular season, and the Jets.

We'll see what Chad can do next week against the Colts, who only allowed 6 passing TDs last season--but I'm assuming that stat is distorted since their run d was so bad.

First, I agree about your analysis on Chad's arm. He can throw the ball 60 yards. I've seen him do it. May I mention that flea-flicker to Ted Ginn at the Jets game last December? But you're right, he lacks zip. He's all about those "touch" passes.

But the thing that concerned me today was Atlanta has one of the worst pass defenses in the league, or at least they did last year. On the contrary, at least as a Dolphin he tends to rise to his best play against the better defenses. He carved up the Patriots twice, the Ravens during the regular season, and the Jets.

We'll see what Chad can do next week against the Colts, who only allowed 6 passing TDs last season--but I'm assuming that stat is distorted since their run d was so bad.

The Jets' secondary was awful last year, and they had that dopey read and react philosophy on defense - Chad eats those kind of teams for breakfast. I think a couple of those other games they got behind early and piled up the passing yards later.

i have packers' D in the league im in too... i thought it was a TD. i still dont see where the hell he stepped out of bounds...

he did

the left foot on the 2

HD FTW!!

Down goes Cutler!!

Down goes Cutler!!

This is hilarious :lol:

Cutler looks alot like Rex Grossman, but with less accuracy.

At least Cutler can occasionally get a completed pass. But he does look extremely overrated and that's not just based on this game. He had almost as many INT's as the great Favreini last year during his 'career' season.

I'd be hard pressed to put him in the top ten of QB's in the league. You gotta start with Brees, Manning and Brady. Then guys like Warner, McNabb, Rivers, Ryan, maybe Hasselbeck now that he's healthy, Big Ben. And that's without really thinking about it, I'm probably leaving out a few guys I'd put over Cutler too.

Edited by Hasan4978

Grossman was cheaper, and didn't turn the ball over as much. Cutler will never be a great QB because he isn't smart or disciplined enough to succeed. He is too immature and thinks he is still in college.

You forgot Aaron Rodgers in your assessment.

Edited by MantaRay

Speaking of bad QB'ing, what are the Panthers going to do with Delhomme? Man, how could they give him an extension after that playoff game last year. He used to be pretty decent too but has fallen off the face of the earth now.

They need to give half that contract to Clown to get him back on the Bills bandwagon :lol:

We're gonna have to make up a Delhomme turnover-o-meter next Sunday for him :lol:

I feel for our two Panther fans....

not as bad as Bengals girl who I FORGOT was there when the Immaculate Deflection hit!!!! :blink:

Yeah Rodgers too.

Speaking of bad QB'ing, what are the Panthers going to do with Delhomme? Man, how could they give him an extension after that playoff game last year. He used to be pretty decent too but has fallen off the face of the earth now.

They are STUCK with Delhomme, I think he is getting like $20 million in guarentees this year on his NEW contract. I can't wait to see Jeff Garica in the powder blue!

They are STUCK with Delhomme, I think he is getting like $20 million in guarentees this year on his NEW contract. I can't wait to see Jeff Garica in the powder blue!

Nice idea... but I still think Matt Moore is gonna get a look too.... TNA fans can see why I wanna keep calling Moore the Blueprint :P

Should be a good monday night with 2 games tonight.

Only if you're a fan of massacres!!!

Your Monday Night meal tonight will be a nice freshly made serving of New England-style sacrifcial lamb with a side of cranky T.O.e!!!!

the only reason to watch the Raider game is to hear Dikta blast them again like last year :lol:

Ugh... winning in this league cannot be achieved when you turn it over 4 times and your o-line couldn't block an Abercrombie manequin. Horrible offensive performance yesterday. To the Jets fans- don't count your chickens. You of all fan bases should know that. Credit to het Jets defense though- they were outstanding.