Full Training camp roster

Rock

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Here's the full training camp roster. There are seven goalies, 19 defensemen and 34 forwards for a total of 60 players. It is interesting to note that Patrik Elias is listed as a center and Brian Rolston as a left wing.

Goaltenders: Martin Brodeur (30), Jeff Frazee (31), Yann Danis (35), Mike McKenna (40), Gerald Coleman (50), Dave Caruso (60), Jeff Lerg (70).

Defensemen: :Jay Leach (2),Colin White (5), Andy Greene (6), Paul Martin (7), Bryce Salvador (24), Mike Mottau (27), Cory Murphy (28), Johnny Oduya (29), Matt Corrente (32), Mark Fraser (33), Rob Davison (34), Olivier Magnan-Grenier (36), Tyler Eckford (37), Alexander Urbom (38), Matt Cohen (39), Harry Young (41), Eric Gelinas (42), Matt Delahey (43), Matt Taorima (65).

Left wings: Zach Parise (9), Brian Rolston (12), Jay Pandolfo (20), P.L. Letoruneau-Leblond (22), Alexander Vasyunov (52), Myles Stoesz (54), Brad Snetsinger (56), Louis Robitaille (58), Ashton Bernard (61), Kory Nagy (64), J.S. Berube (66), Eric Castonguay (67).

Centers: Dainius Zubrus (8), Rod Pelley (10), Travis Zajac (19), Patrik Elias (26), Ben Walter (45), Tim Sestito (47), Michael Swift (53), Stephen Gionta (55), Patrice Cormier (57), Adam Henrique (59)., Brad Mills (68).

Right wings: Brendan Shanahan (14), Jamie Langenbrunner (15), Ilkka Pikkarainen (17), Niclas Bergfors (18), David Clarkson (23), Kevin Cormier (44), Vladimir Zharkov (48), Nathan Perkovich (49), Patrick Davis (51), Nick Palmieri (62), Matt Halischuk (63).

I love that the Devils' numbers actually have significance. It's great. Doesn't mean a high number rules out the chance of making the team, but a good showing is needed.

I fully expect Murphy to be on the team at the start of the year and Corrente to get a look later in. I'd like to see Murphy get a chance beyond a cup of coffee (read as: 5 or 6 games) to prove he can contribute.

Then again, this is a new coaching staff for the most part, so they'll all need to form opinions on these guys. I'm excited.

Note: Although Niclas Bergfors' first name had previously been listedby he Devils as "Nicklas", the K is gone this year. I'm not sure ifthat means they were spelling his name wrong for the last three yearsand he just pointed out the mistake or if there is some other reasonbehind this change.

Oops!

I could be wrong but I believe they are with their respective teams in Sweden. In fact I think they have already played in some pre-season games there.

I didn't realize the season even started over there yet. I just assumed they would still be in camp.

They are prospects still, I dont think they are eligible to even play here this year even on the farm teams.

Yeah but Urbom is here, as well as some other prospects. I don't think it matters if you're going to play in North America or not as to whether you can attend training camp. I noticed Hoeffel isn't on that list either.

Edited by MadDog2020

I didn't realize the season even started over there yet. I just assumed they would still be in camp.

Yeah but Urbom is here, as well as some other prospects. I don't think it matters if you're going to play in North America or not as to whether you can attend training camp. I noticed Hoeffel isn't on that list either.

None of the NCAA guys are there. They have to pay their own way to camp and for their own accommodations to remain eligible to play NCAA. For them it also means missing classes and the start of their own preseason workouts at school. It is really rare for a NCAA guy to make an nhl camp. Urbom is there because he is playing for Brandon in the WHL this year, not in Sweden. Tedenby and Josefson are not there because they are under pro contract in Sweden, where the preseason has already started.

None of the NCAA guys are there. They have to pay their own way to camp and for their own accommodations to remain eligible to play NCAA. For them it also means missing classes and the start of their own preseason workouts at school. It is really rare for a NCAA guy to make an nhl camp. Urbom is there because he is playing for Brandon in the WHL this year, not in Sweden. Tedenby and Josefson are not there because they are under pro contract in Sweden, where the preseason has already started.

Ah, gotcha... thanks for clearing that up bro! ;)

Edited by MadDog2020