Cormier, Corrente, Urbom, 7 Others Cut

Devil Dan 56

all makes sense except for the dude with 3 names who is a defender playing right wing and listed as a left wing

kind of embarrassing when you get beat out for a roster spot by a guy who never played your position before even if he has 3 cool names

I'm felling like OMG! (I just made that up) is making the team as a W

There was no room for Corrente. No need to waste time now.

In 2010 training camp when Mottau, Greene and Salavdor are gone, he'll play.

Eh at first I wasn't happy seeing Urbom and Cormier cut. But I understand why. I thought Swift should get a shot but I guess his camp wasn't impressive.

Happy to see Zharkov still there. Bergfors had a monster of a game last night and I think he'll be on the opening night roster.

After tonight I think we might see Pikkarainen or Peters cut. Seeing Peters play last night I really don't think he's got a spot on this team... But we can't have PL3, Peters, AND Illka in the lineup. That line would score 2 goals all season collectively.

I tried and still have NO idea what a lineup could look like for us.

Did Corrente play in the first pre-season game? What happened to this guy? How do you impress so much in your first few camps and do nothing in the 3rd and 4th? Very disappointing.

no he didn't. sarge18 advanced the theory last night in chat that part of why corrente impressed may have been relative to the skill of the other players, i.e. the devils system has sucked for years and is just now getting healthy. other than that, it's inexplicable - i hope to see corrente when the lowell devils come to newark.

So I guess this means if Elias doesn't come back soon Sestio and Pelley will be our center?!?!?!

I guess so. I keep trying to make a lineup and I can't... I keep running into:

PZL

Rolston-Zubrus-Clarkson

Zharkov-???????-Bergfors

Pandolfo-???????-Shanahan

Pelley,PL3,Peters, Grenier, Pikkarainen, Sestito, Walters, Halischuk

Where does everyone fit?

Unless your third scoring line is Zharkov-Zubrus-Bergfors .... the buzz line. That would be with Rolston-Elias-Clarkson on the second line... I don't know.

per TG:

Goaltenders: Martin Brodeur, Yann Danis, Jeff Frazee.

Defensemen: Rob Davison, Mark Fraser, Andy Greene, Jay Leach, PaulMartin,Mike Mottau, Cory Murphy, Johnny Oduya, Bryce Salvador, ColinWhite.

Left wings: Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond, Olivier Magnan-Grenier;Jay Pandolfo, Zach Parise, Andrew Peters, Brian Rolston, VladimirZharkov.

Centers: Patrik Elias (injured), Rod Pelley, Tim Sestito, Ben Walter, Travis Zajac, Dainius Zubrus.

Right wings: Niclas Bergfors, David Clarkson, Matt Halischuk, Jamie Langenbrunner, Ilkka Pikkarainen, Brendan Shanahan.

who will make the final cut... ?

Goaltenders (2): Martin Brodeur, Yann Danis

Defensemen (7): Andy Greene, PaulMartin,Mike Mottau, Cory Murphy, Johnny Oduya, Bryce Salvador, ColinWhite.

Forwards (13): Patrik Elias (injured), Rod Pelley, Travis Zajac, Dainius Zubrus, Niclas Bergfors, David Clarkson, Jamie Langenbrunner, Brendan Shanahan, Jay Pandolfo, Zach Parise, Brian Rolston, + 2 more

let's look at the forward lines from above to see who the final 2 could be:

Parise-Zajac-Langs

Rolston-Zubrus-Clarkson

Bergfors-Sestito (?)-Shanny

PLS3/Pando-Pelley-Clarkson

I guess so. I keep trying to make a lineup and I can't... I keep running into:

PZL

Rolston-Zubrus-Clarkson

Zharkov-???????-Bergfors

Pandolfo-???????-Shanahan

Pelley,PL3,Peters, Grenier, Pikkarainen, Sestito, Walters, Halischuk

Where does everyone fit?

Unless your third scoring line is Zharkov-Zubrus-Bergfors .... the buzz line. That would be with Rolston-Elias-Clarkson on the second line... I don't know.

Pelley will surely be one of those missing centers.

Edited by nmigliore

I really think Zharkov has a shot at making the team.

LW's: Parise, Rolston (Lemaire said he wants to play him there ), Pandolfo, The enforcer (Peters/PL3) and maybe Zharkov

I think the plan on playing Elais at Center when he returns so the player filling in for him will be a center. That is why Sestito is being given such a long look.

If Zharkov makes the team PL3 doesn't imho

oh... and I don;t think Lemaire will play Pando and Shanahan on the same line again. That is a mistake.

So, with Elias hurt and our ridiculous lack of depth at center, does anyone else think Jacques may be forced to go back on his word and put Rolston at the pivot?

i threw up in my mouth a little. man, i hope not - ANYTHING but that. put frazee at center, i don't care.

i'd rather have walter than sestito but somehow sestito has the upper hand.

When next year comes, and yes I'm jumping ahead myself does anyone think Tendenby and/or Jofeson will make the team. I hope our depth, not lines, look like.

LW C RW

Parise Zajac Langs

Rolston Jofeson Rolston

Elias Cormier Clarkson

Tendenby Pelley Bergfors

Zuburs?? Halichuck

Zharkov

We will have a lot of RW depth next year. I really don't why this matters in this discussion but I'm excited about Jofeson and Tendenby.

Do many young guys IMO. Also I wonder where Shanny and Pando will end up.....

Edited by Par99

When next year comes, and yes I'm jumping ahead myself does anyone think Tendenby and/or Jofeson will make the team. I hope our depth, not lines, look like.

LW C RW

Parise Zajac Langs

Rolston Jofeson Rolston

Elias Cormier Clarkson

Tendenby Pelley Bergfors

Zuburs?? Halichuck

Zharkov

We will have a lot of RW depth next year. I really don't why this matters in this discussion but I'm excited about Jofeson and Tendenby.

Do many young guys IMO. Also I wonder where Shanny and Pando will end up.....

So Rolston has been cloned and is playing on the same line as bizzaro Rolston? The chemistry shouldn't be a problem.

All jokes aside, that line-up next year wins 30 games tops.

As I argued in chat last night, I'd rather see Corrente than a lot of these others on defense. Martin, Oduya, and White are the only defensemen I'd throw in this year as locks. Salvador and Mottau aren't going to win us a championship, let alone a round. Get Corrente some time before you ruin the kid. How much better is he going to get in Lowell, why not just let him play up here when you have Mottau and Salvador who have NO future in this organization. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out. Another year in Lowell will not make a difference imo. Don't wait until its to late, we need to see what he can do, it's not like Salvador, Mottau and the vortex of suck © mikeford, are playing at a level were you cant sit them. Part of the reason we need to see this year is to find out if we can count on him next year when we finally have an opening. Otherwise, this organization has some serious problems in talent development problems, discluding the can't miss talents.

As I argued in chat last night, I'd rather see Corrente than a lot of these others on defense. Martin, Oduya, and White are the only defensemen I'd throw in this year as locks. Salvador and Mottau aren't going to win us a championship, let alone a round. Get Corrente some time before you ruin the kid. How much better is he going to get in Lowell, why not just let him play up here when you have Mottau and Salvador who have NO future in this organization. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out. Another year in Lowell will not make a difference imo. Don't wait until its to late, we need to see what he can do, it's not like Salvador, Mottau and the vortex of suck © mikeford, are playing at a level were you cant sit them. Part of the reason we need to see this year is to find out if we can count on him next year when we finally have an opening. Otherwise, this organization has some serious problems in talent development problems, discluding the can't miss talents.

and as i didn't argue last night, you're falling into the false dichotomy of 'we're not going to win the cup, ergo we must abandon any pretense at winning now'. i have absolutely no clue how putting matt corrente in the minor leagues ruins him - this is like arguing that a minor league hitter who can't hit a breaking ball should be brought up because he's never going to learn how to hit the best breaking balls in the minors - it's totally anathema to the way that organizations develop young talent. the fact that this is being argued after corrente has had one (1) pro season is mind-boggling to me - the list of defensemen who've gone on to very good careers despite spending 2 or even 3 years in the minors is pretty long.

at this point i'd be mildly surprised if matt corrente had as good a career as bryce salvador.

Edited by Triumph

So, 2 Rolston's, we somehow shipped Zubrus AND Pandolfo off? Man, I'm loving this team in 2 years. While we're at it, though, can we clone Parise instead? How about go back in time and get a clone of Scott Stevens, I'm sure our defense could use him.

Well, Jacques DID say Rolston can play both sides... :tomato:

So, 2 Rolston's, we somehow shipped Zubrus AND Pandolfo off? Man, I'm loving this team in 2 years. While we're at it, though, can we clone Parise instead? How about go back in time and get a clone of Scott Stevens, I'm sure our defense could use him.

you sure showed him! he's like either 12 or not all there in the head, i don't know how anyone pays attention to this guy.