New Season - Center Ice Or Gamecenter?

Jarhead SGT

OK, question time...

It's a new season, so as a Cablevision subscriber I am torn between the two NHL choices: NHL Center Ice Package (via IO cable), or NHL Gamecenter (online).

Both cost about the same, and I am not sure if Optimum has even allocated additional channels for NHL center ice games (I dont see them). Also, does Center Ice get you any games in HD?

Let me know your thoughts - its time for me to upgrade!

-Jarhead

Well it comes down to one thing..

- If you travel then go with Gamecenter so that you can watch wherever you go

- If you don't travel then go with Center Ice because I always had problems streaming MLB.TV before I got FiOS.. It's also a lot more enjoyable to watch a game on TV (if you have a nice setup, of course)

I think Center Ice is supposed to have select games broadcasted in HD, but Comcast doesn't support it (at least, it doesn't out here). I subscribe to CI every year, but I don't know too much about Gamecenter.

Comcast has one channel that is for the HD but they only show it during the free preview. When I called them about why I wasn't getting it they said"It isn't part of the denter ice package" I then asked them how come it was on during the free preivew they couldn't answer me. I then asked what do I have to subscribe to to get tit they said HD and sports pack which I do have. So what I learned comcast people have no idea what they are talking about.

Comcast has one channel that is for the HD but they only show it during the free preview. When I called them about why I wasn't getting it they said"It isn't part of the denter ice package" I then asked them how come it was on during the free preivew they couldn't answer me. I then asked what do I have to subscribe to to get tit they said HD and sports pack which I do have. So what I learned comcast people have no idea what they are talking about.

Haha. They probably use the HD channel during the preview to suck people in that are on the fence about buying the package.

I just started a traveling job, and am on the fence about Gamecenter as well. My main conern: will I get the MSG+ Doc & Chico broadcasts for every game or will I get something else (like the local broadcast for away games). I know when I listen to NHL.com's radio broadcasts they give you the option of home or away team.