Frazee. Zharkov among latest cuts; Mottau practicing, Pandolfo not; Pu

Devils731

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/09/frazee-zharkov-among-latest-cuts-mottau-practicing-pandolfo-not.html

Didn't see this posted and I thought some people would want to see the cuts.

The Devils have made another round of cuts before today's practice, sending goaltender Jeff Frazee, center Ben Walter, right wing Vladimir Zharkov and defenseman/right wing Olivier Magnan-Grenier to Lowell of the AHL.

The latest cuts leave the Devils with 28 players on their training camp roster, including Patrik Elias, who is recovering from groin surgery. The list includes two goaltenders, 10 defensemen (including the injured Mark Fraser) and 16 forwards (including Elias)..

No surprises there. Maybe that Zharkov got sent down and Halischuk stayed but I think that's a 6 or one half dozen type of situation.

Im noy supprised Hali is still around, Lou said when he was drafted he was the most NHL ready prospect in the organisation straight away.

I think they both stand a chance of making the team especailly since there not competing for the same position (unless i missed something and Nic is playing left wing all of a sudden?).

Really dissapointed for Zharkov, i wanted him to make the team, but spending another year keeping Vasyunov company till he catches up is not a bad thing ( and i think he will he is off to a good start with Lowell).

You almost want to demote Leblond and Pikky to put Halischuk there. Also I'm back.

Welcome back -- we really missed your in put the past... :unsure: like...day or so?

And people do so like you. Everyone likes everyone here - you just have to run the gauntlet once in a while.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Welcome back -- we really missed your in put the past... :unsure: like...day or so?

And people do so like you. Everyone likes everyone here - you just have to run the gauntlet once in a while.

Good to hear Pepperkorn, came back so soon I can't wait for the season! :P

Were all Devils fans I don't know why people start insulting others for a different opinion.

Edited by Par99

I'm just putting my opinion into discussions...you don't have to like me based on a different opinion.

Nothing to do with your "opinion"

Its the fact that you seem to have absolutely no respect for the "Forum etiquette" that DM has asked everyone to observe that makes you annoying.

Your passion for the team is nice, but your complete and repeated disregard for the way this place works has used up any credit that it might have bought you.

The fact that site administrators had to shut you down says a lot.

Cute at first when there is little else to amuse in the off-season...as the season gets started up it will become an issue fast.

Sorry, but clearly the "subtle approach" hasn't worked out so well.....

This isn't the place to discuss forum drama...

So there goes Frazee's thought that he had a chance to play here this season.. I've seen him play a few times now and I wouldn't trust him in net if the NHL switched to using beach balls instead of pucks

This is the reason why we signed Yann Danis, Frazee doesn't stand a chance in the NHL.

This is the reason why we signed Yann Danis, Frazee doesn't stand a chance in the NHL.

I completely disagree. Frazee is an outstanding prospect who will take over the #1 duties when Brodeur retires. If Frazee didn't stand a chance in the NHL, we wouldn't have signed Danis, we would have let Frazee rot on the bench backing up Brodeur. Instead, we are going to develop him cautiously and allow him to get the bulk of the playing time in Lowell to hone him for the NHL starting role he'll take on one day.

Edited by JWomp

I completely disagree. Frazee is an outstanding prospect who will take over the #1 duties when Brodeur retires. If Frazee didn't stand a chance in the NHL, we wouldn't have signed Danis, we would have let Frazee rot on the bench backing up Brodeur. Instead, we are going to develop him cautiously and allow him to get the bulk of the playing time in Lowell to hone him for the NHL starting role he'll take on one day.

outstanding prospect is a little much but I agree he's got as good a shot as anybody taking over for Marty after what he did in Lowell last year. Good thing we aren't going to let him play 5 games as the backup and are actually developing him. It shows that the organization believes in him