Lemaire disciplines Peters

That's why he sat enforcer Andrew Peters for the remainder of the game Saturday after Peters picked up an extra unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for arguing with the officials about a roughing penalty with 7:55 left in the third period. The extra minor left the Devils shorthanded for four minutes.

"When Peters got the extra two, he didn't play after that," Lemaire said. "There's certain things you've got to learn quick. He knows. He told me this morning. He said, 'Usually, I don't do this. I just lost it.' I said, 'Well, try to keep it in control.' That's one thing I don't like. If the referee gives you a penalty, you go in the box and that's it. One [penalty] is enough, because the day you might take one, an extra one, and the game will be 2-2 and then we'll lose the game because of this. That's how it works.

"We call this discipline, the old discipline."

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/10/lemaire-disciplines-peters-.html

I have no idea LD.

We need to rid ourselves of Peters, and get Pando back to the fourth-line/13th forward.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Rolston-Elias-Bergfors

Niedermayer-Zubrus-Clarkson

Halischuk-Pelley-Pikk

I can settle for that, until they realize Patrik needs a center for him...and they go out and get Doug Weight, Robert Lang or whoever for the playoff run.

Edited by HellOnICE

you think he will get cut from 23 man roster because according to tg its Rod Pelley is centering rookie Matt Halischuk and Ilkka Pikkarainen. Halischuk is on the left wing.

as fourth lin but inorder for ilka to play someones need to go so its either him or pl3

peters was on 5th line with pl3 and andy greene

\or we might do something with shanny

Edited by marty_is_better30

I wanted Leblond to be a reserve player over Peters but it looks like Peters is going to stay here. And if he is, hopefully he won't take stupid penalties and actually fight some Flyers/Rags.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Rolston-Elias-Bergfors

Niedermayer-Zubrus-Clarkson

Halischuk-Pelley-Pikkarainen

That's what I feel the lines will be when Elias comes back. Hopefully Elias comes back soon and we can find out if he can center Rollie and Bergfors.

I'm just not sure the reasoning for the two year deal. It just doesn't make any sense. Did we a need a fighter that badly in the ranks? Btw, a fighter that doesn't actually hit or fight.

he definitely fights. 2.75 PIMs/game in his career is evidence of that.

look i obviously don't think it's a good deal either but it's at the nhl minimum, so it's really hard to say the devils are losing anything by employing him. having guys at the nhl minimum will be critical next season. what they do with leblond is anyone's guess - i'd be more curious about why he was signed to a 3 year deal.

Edited by Triumph

Tri,

Yes, of course, they aren't losing anything employing him. I just don't understand that 2 years? (we agree) Of course they can bury him in the minors, etc, but I just don't get the purpose of the extra year (Club Option, I'd understand). It just seems like an extra burden.

I'm just worried about a quote, correct if I am wrong, is that he did didn't he want to show he was more than a fighter?...To me, he needs to be hunting for bodies out there..a wrecking ball. The reason I say that, is because he can't do anything else. He's not going to create any chances, so you might as well have Cam Jannssen out there wrecking everything in sight.

Just me thoughts.

he definitely fights. 2.75 PIMs/game in his career is evidence of that.

look i obviously don't think it's a good deal either but it's at the nhl minimum, so it's really hard to say the devils are losing anything by employing him. having guys at the nhl minimum will be critical next season. what they do with leblond is anyone's guess - i'd be more curious about why he was signed to a 3 year deal.

And of course, the same token, Brasher got a 2-yr deal with 1.4 avg, and Orr got a 4-year deal at 1M...SO yes, in comparison, it's not a terrible deal. I'm just not sure if we got a fighter that's willing to fight anymore.

I'm just worried about a quote, correct if I am wrong, is that he did didn't he want to show he was more than a fighter?...To me, he needs to be hunting for bodies out there..a wrecking ball.

What he said is he didn't feel he needed to fight in preseason. Of course he's going to fight, it's silly to assume he isn't just because one game he didn't find any takers.

Tri,

Yes, of course, they aren't losing anything employing him. I just don't understand that 2 years? (we agree) Of course they can bury him in the minors, etc, but I just don't get the purpose of the extra year (Club Option, I'd understand). It just seems like an extra burden.

contract options are no longer allowed under the CBA.

I'm just worried about a quote, correct if I am wrong, is that he did didn't he want to show he was more than a fighter?...To me, he needs to be hunting for bodies out there..a wrecking ball. The reason I say that, is because he can't do anything else. He's not going to create any chances, so you might as well have Cam Jannssen out there wrecking everything in sight.

Just me thoughts.

And of course, the same token, Brasher got a 2-yr deal with 1.4 avg, and Orr got a 4-year deal at 1M...SO yes, in comparison, it's not a terrible deal. I'm just not sure if we got a fighter that's willing to fight anymore.

there's no evidence that peters is unwilling to fight. he said he wasn't going to fight without a contract. which, under the circumstances, kind of makes sense.

i don't think it will be hard to find a home for either leblond or peters should the need arise to dispose of either of them. there's a few teams without a true fighter that might want one.

Edited by Triumph
i don't think it will be hard to find a home for either leblond or peters should the need arise to dispose of either of them. there's a few teams without a true fighter that might want one.

Well we did get Salvador for Cam...but yeah it is quite odd that we thought enough of Leblond to sign him for three years then even before preseason brought in Peters too who has a more or less set track record. Plus nobody signed Peters in the offseason so I doubt he's got any real trade value.

Edited by Hasan4978

Well we did get Salvador for Cam...but yeah it is quite odd that we thought enough of Leblond to sign him for three years then even before preseason brought in Peters too who has a more or less set track record. Plus nobody signed Peters in the offseason so I doubt he's got any real trade value.

I think the fact that Cam was a hometown boy weighed heavily in that trade.

Lou still got the upperhand I think though.

I think the fact that Cam was a hometown boy weighed heavily in that trade.

Lou still got the upperhand I think though.

That and the fact the Blues probably thought they had a good chance to get Salvador back when he hit UFA the way they did Thachuk after trading him.