devils/flyers fans brawl after saturday's game

xxchaznjxx

That's fvcked up.

There was a beer-throwing hissyfit amongst the big Flyers bussed group in 116-117 after the second period too. It was weird to watch, two Flyers fans trying to fight each other in our building.

Seriously... proof day after day that these stereotypes about Philly fans aren't made up....

And yeah, a Devils fan was involved in the first one... but read the Flyer fan's account of the incident. The guy stopped and stared... and then with no words or verbal exchange the Devils fan takes a swing? really?

I wanted to go to a Devils/Flyers game in Philly, but after watching this and also being harassed at the Phillies game when I stupidly wore a Devils t-shirt I'm not so sure I want to go.

Don't go...unless you're a body builder/black belt in some sort of martial art.

Don't go...unless you're a body builder/black belt in some sort of martial art.

haha - hardly I'm about 5'0" tall and definitely not a body builder. It's so stupid though you should be allowed to go cheer your team on at any sports venue you want. I'm not an obnoxious fan. I cheer when my team is doing well. I don't mock on other people or get in anyone's face. I generally mind my own business. Still, I have a feeling I'll get harassed if I were to go to a game down there. When I wore the Devils tshirt to the Phillies game some older man (he had to be in his 60s) got in my face twice. (Once when I was coming back from the restroom and then while we were leaving) and told me to go back to North Jersey. I thought he might hit me. I got yelled at by some older women and people were just generally staring me down.

Edited by LA03

This says it was flyer fans stabbing flyer fans....... idiots.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20091005_Fans_in_knife_fight_after_Flyers_bus_trip.html

In the bizarre incident, two Flyers fans who took a bus trip to see their team play in New Jersey were critically stabbed by other Flyers fans who were awaiting the bus' return at a bowling alley in Northeast Philadelphia, police said.

haha - hardly I'm about 5'0" tall and definitely not a body builder. It's so stupid though you should be allowed to go cheer your team on at any sports venue you want. I'm not an obnoxious fan. I cheer when my team is doing well. I don't mock on other people or get in anyone's face. I generally mind my own business. Still, I have a feeling I'll get harassed if I were to go to a game down there. When I wore the Devils tshirt to the Phillies game some older man (he had to be in his 60s) got in my face twice. (Once when I was coming back from the restroom and then while we were leaving) and told me to go back to North Jersey. I thought he might hit me. I got yelled at by some older women and people were just generally staring me down.

Yeah. Don't go. I went once with 2 buddies of mine who are Islander fans. It was Isles-Flyers in Philly the year Philly finished dead last, and we had bought seats in one of those balcony luxury boxes. They were in last place and still talking sh!t, even after they lost to the f'n Islanders. My one buddy got heckled by a 7 year old, who was saying things a 7 year old just shouldn't know.

I wanted to go to a Devils/Flyers game in Philly, but after watching this and also being harassed at the Phillies game when I stupidly wore a Devils t-shirt I'm not so sure I want to go.

Dont let those retards win. You can wear whatever you want, wherever you want.

While that's true... it's not a good idea for her to go.. If she's with a group of guys maybe... but they honestly make you feel like they are going to come after you at that place. I'm not even joking.

So I went to the game Saturday, and was "lucky" enough to be sitting in section 118, about two rows behind the Flyer morons. Their fans were not even watching the game, they were simply there to start trouble. I have no problem with out of town fans cheering for their team. I have spent several evenings at flyers games rooting for the other team and have even gone to the old Vet in a Cowboys jersey - and cheered for my team, but I never recall being so angry, especially when my team was winning - why were they so pissed off at a game they were winning? oh yeah, this is the 35th anniversary of their last Cup win...our banners are from this century not from the 70's.

The fact that they were doing the Marty chant was fine, any goalie that gives up five goals should hear a little razzing...the problem started with yelling during the national anthem, cursing at Devils fans as they were leaving because their nights had been ruined, and then mocking our security because they didn't rise to their baiting and start a fight. I am really proud of the security guards at the Rock, this could have gotten really bad, and all the blame would have gone on Newark and the Devils fans. The problem was contained, and the animals had to turn on themselves.

I guess this is why they cut the beer off in their building so early.

Interesting - we here at Arena were in the middle of the Red afterparty and saw a half dozen cars fly over to the Prudential. I didn't realize Flyer fans were such meatheads.

I have been to Philly and enjoyed the historic and south st districts - I did get a little heat for being a Cowboys fan - but people going to other stadiums just to cause trouble is wrong. Scream and shout and cheer allyou want - but violence and heckling? Come on. This reminds me of the English hooligans or whatever they are called that are banned from leaving the country during Euro Soccer championships because of all the crap they start.

nothing but classless behavior from the philth in 118.

Yeah I was stuck in that section and they just wouldn't shut up. They started chanting a$$hole at the guy behind me because he simply stated the fact the Marty is better and has 3 Cups. In the 3rd I just moved down to the lower level to get away from them.

Ha...I've been living in South Jersey for five years now and I've experienced all of this on numerous occasions. I have been saying for years now that Flyers fans and Philly fans in general are ten times worse than any Ranger fan. Philly fans have been so brainwashed and the South Jersey knuckleheads truly believe they are a part of PA. They are really pathetic losers. I have forbidden my wife to wear her Giants gear because someone always throws a cheap comment her way. It sounds crazy, but the sports obsession around here is making us re-think our move.

Sometimes you just want some peace though....

Ha...I've been living in South Jersey for five years now and I've experienced all of this on numerous occasions. I have been saying for years now that Flyers fans and Philly fans in general are ten times worse than any Ranger fan. Philly fans have been so brainwashed and the South Jersey knuckleheads truly believe they are a part of PA. They are really pathetic losers. I have forbidden my wife to wear her Giants gear because someone always throws a cheap comment her way. It sounds crazy, but the sports obsession around here is making us re-think our move.

Sometimes you just want some peace though....

ive been to giants games in philly. had no problems anytime. haha prob because we beat their ass everytime. and i def plan on attending a devils vs flyers game in philly this year wearing my elias jersey