devils/flyers fans brawl after saturday's game

xxchaznjxx

I am the first to admit that I can be very obnoxious on this and other boards. Those of you who have been here a while and actually read my posts have at one time or another likely said, "I'd love to punch this idiot in the face." However, I think to get into an actual fight over pro sports is dumb. This story has been a discussion on the Flyers board I frequent. The general consensus is it is these 20-something middle class wannabe WT wannabe thug/gangsters who think they have to live up to some Philadelphia reputation. As far as this incident itself, a chartered bus likely had a significiant amount of drinking, and well, we know what happens when you give a wannabe tough guy a little too much alcohol.

I am the first to admit that I can be very obnoxious on this and other boards. Those of you who have been here a while and actually read my posts have at one time or another likely said, "I'd love to punch this idiot in the face." However, I think to get into an actual fight over pro sports is dumb. This story has been a discussion on the Flyers board I frequent. The general consensus is it is these 20-something middle class wannabe WT wannabe thug/gangsters who think they have to live up to some Philadelphia reputation. As far as this incident itself, a chartered bus likely had a significiant amount of drinking, and well, we know what happens when you give a wannabe tough guy a little too much alcohol.

I have to agree with you. As maddening as dealing with a Ranger or Flyer fan can be (especially after a loss), I couldn't imagine actually coming to blows over sporting event.

As you said, they were probably liquored up and full of aggression from the game (including apparently seeing a fight outside the bus as they boarded in Newark).

At Penn Station while waiting for our train a female Devils fan who was alone asked if she could stand by us because Flyers fans were giving her a hard time on the platform. We didn't go looking for trouble but were willing to respond if they came looking for her and found us.