GDT: Devils vs capitals

Prucenterrules

it would also be nice if the line matched on Ovechkin used some common sense while playing our beautiful new system. did you see where Rolston was when the puck went in the net? if you're going to be stupid and gamble against them, and not cover up, you're toast. Rolston should have let the pass go to Rob Nieds (who it was intended for), and backed off to assist Pando. instead Pando was left out on an island as a defenseman, Rolston barely made the redline before the puck was in the net, and the predictable happens.

this happened a couple of other times in the period but they didn't get burned. they are not remotely ready to play this calibur of talent with this system, especially if they insist on linematching.

Its early in the season so I'm cutting some slack but man oh man is he the most frustrating player on this team imo. Good pick up on the goal though. The man plays with his head up his ass most of the time. But fvck it. Lets just blame the goalie for everything. Much easier that way.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't intend to start a war on here. Hence why I removed my initial post relatively quickly. So, while I appreciate it, let's just drop it. I honestly don't care, if people choose to be rude on an online forum, so be it. Can't do much to help it.

Let's move on, and just watch the game

No war. Simply sarcasm.. at least from me. Devils need to give us something good to talk about.

Its early in the season so I'm cutting some slack but man oh man is he the most frustrating player on this team imo. Good pick up on the goal though. The man plays with his head up his ass most of the time. But fvck it. Lets just blame the goalie for everything. Much easier that way.

someone watched the replay in slow mo and claims the pass was intended for Rolston, but that play still totally mystifies me either way, I don't understand why he was there when Pandolfo is obviously left on an island, and the lack of backchecking is sick. I understand he can't get there, but at least look like you're trying... what if Marty did stop it and the Caps reset, now he needs to sprint into the play?

I've sort of expected Rolston not to do crap by this point since he never has for our team, although at least he appears to be trying this year he still plays like he should be on the Mets instead of the Devils.

But hey if you're gonna get all the credit when the team wins then you have to expect a disproportionate amount of the blame when you stink up the joint :P When you factor in everything:

-Bad playoffs since the lockout culminating in last year's Game 7 disaster

-The way Clemmensen played last year, which unfairly to a degree minimized what Marty's done for 15 years

-All the talk about individual records (again, not all Marty's fault)

Let's just say this wasn't the time for him to crap the bed as far as general patience goes.

I've sort of expected Rolston not to do crap by this point since he never has for our team, although at least he appears to be trying this year he still plays like he should be on the Mets instead of the Devils.

But hey if you're gonna get all the credit when the team wins then you have to expect a disproportionate amount of the blame when you stink up the joint :P When you factor in everything:

-Bad playoffs since the lockout culminating in last year's Game 7 disaster

-The way Clemmensen played last year, which unfairly to a degree minimized what Marty's done for 15 years

-All the talk about individual records (again, not all Marty's fault)

Let's just say this wasn't the time for him to crap the bed as far as general patience goes.

I don't know. I just think that if every goal is going to be critiqued its going to be a very long season for some of you. So many bad goals are scored everyday in every game in this league. There will be more.

Its just frustrating to read "that goal sucked" Its like all anybody sees is the goalie not making the save while completely neglecting what led to the goal in the first place.

anyways this 4th line is ass. just a giant piece of ass.

I don't know. I just think that if every goal is going to be critiqued its going to be a very long season for some of you. So many bad goals are scored everyday in every game in this league. There will be more.

Its just frustrating to read "that goal sucked" Its like all anybody sees is the goalie not making the save while completely neglecting what led to the goal in the first place.

anyways this 4th line is ass. just a giant piece of ass.

I'm not even as hard a marker on Marty as some...I think a couple people here hate him more than I do Bill Belichick, which is silly.

Let's just say I'm a little tired of hearing about the wins record which was already freaking broken months ago and the shutout record (twice with the same feature tonight). Yeah the shutouts are impressive but they're a statistic. At least wins are the true accomplishment but now that it's done let's look back on it when he's retired. I mean we're now constantly bringing up 552 the way the Rangers do 1994 :P

Edited by Hasan4978

So near my exact opinions that it's kinda scary

I'm not even as hard a marker on Marty as some...I think a couple people here hate him more than I do Bill Belichick, which is silly.

Let's just say I'm a little tired of hearing about the wins record which was already freaking broken months ago and the shutout record (twice with the same feature tonight). Yeah the shutouts are impressive but they're a statistic. At least wins are the true accomplishment but now that it's done let's look back on it when he's retired. I mean we're now constantly bringing up 552 the way the Rangers do 1994 :P

No you're not. If it came off that I was implying otherwise, my apologies. You're more then fair. You have been here long enough to know the lunatic ranting and raving that I'm talking about lol.

good counterattack there.

wanna see TOI after this period. against a team that plays their top line 20 minutes +, the fourth line is playing WAY, WAY too much

Well it's early in the season but yeah ANY icetime at all for Peters is too much. So is any icetime for Pelley even-strength or Pikk on the PP :P

And yeah I don't get what the fascination is with Peters being a non-goon hockey player.