Murphy to play vs. Thrashers tonight.

Maddog

Dammit! My theory of Andy Greene = Wins will be tested tonight, but in it's inverse function of No Andy Greene = Loses!

Weak sauce. Weak sauce.

(I actually really like Cory Murphy too, it's a shame they're essentially two players playing in one slot, but Greene was here first dammit).

And before DevilinLA freaks out about how many chances Andy Greene's gonna get and why everyone here has a love affair with Andy Greene, this is all tongue-in-cheek. :D

...unless we lose tonight. :whistling:

Dammit! My theory of Andy Greene = Wins will be tested tonight, but in it's inverse function of No Andy Greene = Loses!

Weak sauce. Weak sauce.

(I actually really like Cory Murphy too, it's a shame they're essentially two players playing in one slot, but Greene was here first dammit).

And before DevilinLA freaks out about how many chances Andy Greene's gonna get and why everyone here has a love affair with Andy Greene, this is all tongue-in-cheek. :D

Woah what? People here love Andy Greene? That's news to me.

Anyway.

Greene= 3-0

Murphy= 0-2

he's sat for 3 games - regardless of the new found love for Andy Greene, he's the same player as Murphy - if you're going to have them both on the roster, they both have to get time in the lineup.

this, and it's early in the season. greene will probably play tomorrow night.

It's amusing that people are begging for Brodeur - the team's most important player - to sit tonight but freaking Andy Greene (who's about the 14th most important Devil, give or take a couple of spots) has to play every game?! Yeah he's done a nice job in his three games this year but it's hardly out of line to get Murphy in there against a lesser team on a back-to-back situation.

Weak sauce. Weak sauce.

Thanks for thinking of me! :lol::lol::lol::uni::uni::uni:

It made sense before the season started to rotate the 2 fairly frequently to see what they both would bring and it still makes sense now.

It's funny, a lot of people who liked Greene didn't think he had gotten a fair chance, after 132 games with the team, but Murphy is done after 2. :lol:

Bad move...Keep Greene in the line up and put Murphy in for Mottau for a game. Maybe that way Mottau will then play some defense infront of Brodeur and maybe he will stop turning the puck over in their own zone. Ugh...sigh...

Lemaire, don't fix something that isn't broken...

Edited by SatansDevils

Bad move...Keep Greene in the line up and put Murphy in for Mottau for a game. Maybe that way Mottau will then play some defense infront of Brodeur and maybe he will stop turning the puck over in their own zone. Ugh...sigh...

In fact, lets put them on the same defense pair....Greene and Murphy, and then lets put Shannahan in for Zajac. :yay:

It's funny, a lot of people who liked Greene didn't think he had gotten a fair chance, after 132 games with the team, but Murphy is done after 2. :lol:

I don't think it's so much that Murphy has no chance as it is that Greene is actually playing pretty well. I would have let Greene play a few more games before giving him a rest, especially coming off a few days of rest.

I totally agree that Greene has played well.... but to target Mottau to come out? Over turn-overs? Especially, of all things, when Andy has yet to meet a puck that he couldn't give up on the boards....

Maybe JL wants to see who is for real and who is trade bait?

Edited by DevilinLA