I HATE the Yankees

CaptainScotty

obviously the yankees continued to increase spending, but you do see that if they didn't have the luxury tax they would be spending that money on players, right?

In other words, if the luxury tax didn't exist, their payroll would be even MORE obscene? Holy crap. :blink:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly - hockey is at game 7 or 8 of 82, baseball is in the second round of the playoffs. The only place you would have a chance to see even one TV w/hockey would be Toronto.

That's true. But in April when the Devils are playing game 7 of the playoffs most bars will have the Yankees game #18 of 162 on almost every tv. If you ask you can get the Devils game on. I don't mind the local hockey teams taking a backseat to Yankee playoff games in October but they shouldn't have to take a backseat to them in April. That's one of the main reasons why I hate the front running Yankee fans. They are everywhere. Everybody loves a winner.

the home plate umpire should never be allowed to call another game again. he was awful. he has no idea what the strike zone is supposed to be

+ 1, and it kept moving. Usually, even when the ump has a terrible strike zone, by the 4th or 5th inning, everybody knows what it is and adjusts accordingly. Nobody had any idea where the strikes were going to be last night.

That's one of the main reasons why I hate the front running Yankee fans. They are everywhere. Everybody loves a winner.

Umm... the Devils have won a title more recently than the Yankees. In this decade, the Yankees have won 1 championship and have 1 more finals appearance, the Devils have won 2 and have 1 more finals appearance. I get Yankee hating, but at least be logical.

Umm... the Devils have won a title more recently than the Yankees. In this decade, the Yankees have won 1 championship and have 1 more finals appearance, the Devils have won 2 and have 1 more finals appearance. I get Yankee hating, but at least be logical.

I have no idea what you are talking about. But if you are wondering why the Devils don't have a ton of front running fans it's because baseball is more mainstream in this country. Nobody knows the Devils even exist but the Yankees get the backpage of every paper in February.

I have no idea what you are talking about. But if you are wondering why the Devils don't have a ton of front running fans it's because baseball is more mainstream in this country. Nobody knows the Devils even exist but the Yankees get the backpage of every paper in February.

I don't disagree that the Yankees, and baseball in general, are covered far too much. I got shafted trying to watch the Devils opener because the bar I went to felt the need to show baseball games from other cities over local hockey. That said, you are completely wrong to attack Yankee fans for frontrunning cause you're pissed at the media. Yankee fans have not been frontrunners since 2004. I'm not saying the Devils have a bandwagon, but they are more likely than the Yankees to be supported by frontrunners. Period. Your rational complaints are overshadowed by your irrational whining.

I don't disagree that the Yankees, and baseball in general, are covered far too much. I got shafted trying to watch the Devils opener because the bar I went to felt the need to show baseball games from other cities over local hockey. That said, you are completely wrong to attack Yankee fans for frontrunning cause you're pissed at the media. Yankee fans have not been frontrunners since 2004. I'm not saying the Devils have a bandwagon, but they are more likely than the Yankees to be supported by frontrunners. Period. Your rational complaints are overshadowed by your irrational whining.

Many Dodgers and Giants fans joined together and rooted for the Mets when their teams moved to California. In the 80's NY was Mets town. Then it started to change back in the 90's and today everybody and their mother are Yankees fans. It's because people love a winner, especially in NY. I'm not saying the Yankees don't have any die hard fans but what has happened in NY is ridiculous from the media, to the fans who couldn't name half the players on the roster.

I would bet my life that there are tons of Yankees fans that rooted for the Mets throughout the 80's. I'm not that kind of fan but there are many that do that.

And this is truly what I love most about hockey

the smaller the sport and the less it's hyped, the less idiot front running scum fans follow the game, and I am thankfully each and every day that the NHL is a niche sport!!

Are people really shocked that a New York Yankee playoff game was played over a Devils game in this area? The Devils are clearly at the bottom of the pecking order in the metro sports area. It's just the way it is.

More of less, I'd guess it's...

Yankees

Giants

Jets

Mets

Knicks

Rangers

Nets

Devils

Islanders

Atleast during the time that all 4 sports are being played. Sure, it shifts after the Yanks and Mets are done, and when spring training is going on, or if one team is on a playoff run (i.e. Devils got back page in 2003) but I'd say that list is close for who gets the most coverage.

I hate threads like this. I have been a die hard Yankees fan since I was 5 years old in 1976. In fact, my first game was the Chris Chambliss home run game against KC and I have never looked back since. I have cheered for them when they beat the Dodgers in the World Series and cheered for them when they lost to KC in the playoffs after winning 108 regular season games. I cheered for them when we made the series in 1981 and cheered for them when our pitching staff had people like Andy HAwkins, George Frazier, Dave LaPoint, Sam Milatello, Mike Witt, Steve Trout. I cheered for Donnie Baseball, Dave Winfield, Reggie Jackson, Rickey Henderson and Dave Righetti and cheered for Steve Kemp, Butch Wynager, Andre Robertson, Omar Moreno and Kevin Mass. My point is to say all Yankees fans are bandwagon jumpers is insulting and reeks of sour grapes. Not all of us Yankees fans are arrogant either, although there are quite a few of those as well. But I also know alot of arrogant Mets fans as well, my buddy being one of them. Plus the argument of the Yankees buying their way to a championship doesn't fly because The Mets, Red Sox, Angels are just a few of the teams I see that are doing it as well. I'm sorry for the anger. I am just sick and tired of people trashing the Yankees just cause we try to win a championship and spend some money doing it unlike Kansas City and Pittsburgh that just line their pockets with the green backs they get from their fans and MLB. There will come a time when the Yankees will stink as bad as the Padres, Nationals, Mets and when they do, I will still be rooting for them.

I hate threads like this. I have been a die hard Yankees fan since I was 5 years old in 1976.

I hear you, yankeejetsfan. I used to be like you, rooting for the Yankees and Jets. But I lost interest in rooting for the Yankees and baseball in general after the 1994 strike. When Charlie Hayes caught that foul pop in 1996, I felt nothing.

That indifference morphed into Yankee hatred. At first it was bitterness but now it's turned into absolute joy. I love when they lose.

I find the win-it-all-or-else attitude and the astronomical payroll two elements that make the Yankees one of the funnest teams to hate in all of sports.

I've basically turned divorce into a positive.

My wife is a Yankee fan, though. I remember when Luis Gonzalez's bleeder got through the infield, capping Arizona's World Series win. I got flagged for excessive celebration!

Many Dodgers and Giants fans joined together and rooted for the Mets when their teams moved to California. In the 80's NY was Mets town. Then it started to change back in the 90's and today everybody and their mother are Yankees fans. It's because people love a winner, especially in NY. I'm not saying the Yankees don't have any die hard fans but what has happened in NY is ridiculous from the media, to the fans who couldn't name half the players on the roster.

I would bet my life that there are tons of Yankees fans that rooted for the Mets throughout the 80's. I'm not that kind of fan but there are many that do that.

The bandwagon always moves. The Mets were better in the 80s, see 1986 World Series, Strawberry and Gooden, while the Yankees lost in the playoffs and Seinbrenner hounded Winfield. The bandwagon fans were a disgrace to the Mets in the 80s, the Yankees in the 90s, and the Red sox now. It's idiotic to blame Yankee fans at large because of a few bandwagon people.

I hear you, yankeejetsfan. I used to be like you, rooting for the Yankees and Jets. But I lost interest in rooting for the Yankees and baseball in general after the 1994 strike. When Charlie Hayes caught that foul pop in 1996, I felt nothing.

That indifference morphed into Yankee hatred. At first it was bitterness but now it's turned into absolute joy. I love when they lose.

I find the win-it-all-or-else attitude and the astronomical payroll two elements that make the Yankees one of the funnest teams to hate in all of sports.

I've basically turned divorce into a positive.

My wife is a Yankee fan, though. I remember when Luis Gonzalez's bleeder got through the infield, capping Arizona's World Series win. I got flagged for excessive celebration!

Interesting perspective. I'm sort of like that with the Red Sox, but I'm still on indifference. Of course I was happy about the World Series wins, but I've grown tired of the "Red Sox Nation" bandwagon crap and I'm dismayed that the team has basically turned into the New England Yankees in terms of payroll, fan base, media coverage, expectations, etc. I doubt I'll go down the road to hatred, though, just more indifference. Maybe I'll come back if the bandwagon ever empties out, but I suppose that makes me a bandwagoner too, just a different type...

Interesting perspective. I'm sort of like that with the Red Sox, but I'm still on indifference. Of course I was happy about the World Series wins, but I've grown tired of the "Red Sox Nation" bandwagon crap and I'm dismayed that the team has basically turned into the New England Yankees in terms of payroll, fan base, media coverage, expectations, etc. I doubt I'll go down the road to hatred, though, just more indifference. Maybe I'll come back if the bandwagon ever empties out, but I suppose that makes me a bandwagoner too, just a different type...

You can't help what you feel, that's for sure. The Red Sox are so much more palatable than the Yankees though, Red Sox Nation notwithstanding. Let's face it. The Red Sox without a relatively high payroll would produce Toronto Blue Jays results. With 18 games a year against the Yankees, they need to spend to compete consistently.

I just had to start this thread to basically express my utter hatred for just anything Yankeedom.

I've put up with the snobby fans, the incessant barrage of clothing and knickknacks everywhere I go, but tonight is the last straw.

It is a virtual blackout in NYC with the yankee game. I went to 5 bars, 3 of which had 9(!) screens, and I could not get one lousy bar to put the devils game on.

I totally understand the devils aren't as popular, but just within the 6 blocks around me (at 49th street), you have a staggering 50 screens to view the game. And not one will tune to the devils game.

this only encourages the bandwagon fanbase the yankees have. Screw em, I hope they get obliterated, and I dont even know who they are playing.

Game 2 ALCS >>>>>>>>> Devils hockey in OCTOBER.

You can't help what you feel, that's for sure. The Red Sox are so much more palatable than the Yankees though, Red Sox Nation notwithstanding. Let's face it. The Red Sox without a relatively high payroll would produce Toronto Blue Jays results. With 18 games a year against the Yankees, they need to spend to compete consistently.

So it's the Yankees fault the Red Sox have to spend?? :evilcry: