GDT: NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

Colin226

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sicko call a spade a spade. Marty was shaky, two were scored.

You want me to call a spade a spade. Here you go: 31 2 29 .935 59:37 Guess whose stat line that is? EAT IT.

I know posting to this crap just enables you more but I really can't see what satisfaction you get trying to entice people to respond to the ridiculous things you have to say. You call yourself a fan? You're a fraud. Anybody who is that preoccupied with one individual, I mean I really don't even know what to say. You even pretend to think you actually know thy guy personally.

The sad part is that you have shown that you can sometimes actually contribute something thoughtful once and a while but its more important to you to ride Brodeur's ass every god dam f'n game in every god damn f'n thread. Enough already. Holy sh*t!

Edited by SickMan

decent game - nice to win one when you get one (1) power play against.

clarkson is so frustrating. makes a great pass to bergfors in the 1st, then goes back to tunnel vision david. he has to get better.

greene with another nice game, maybe he is for real.

I play exactly like Clarkson so I never get mad at him, but I can see what your saying. Flashes of brilliance and then flashes of invisibility.

Revenge!!

Brodeur: Great job :wink2:

Parise: 2 sweet goals + assist B )

Zubrus: Game Winner! :evil:

Bergfors: Sick first goal :thumbsup:

White: Crucial stop on that breakaway that could have tied it :kill:

Mottau: Prediction that a defenseman scores is a fail, and he didn't play so awesome himself <_<

Chico: Superb game :rolleyes:

decent game - nice to win one when you get one (1) power play against.

clarkson is so frustrating. makes a great pass to bergfors in the 1st, then goes back to tunnel vision david. he has to get better.

greene with another nice game, maybe he is for real.

Yeah Clarkson passed up, no pun intended, on a few opportunities where a pass would have been better then just holding on to the puck . As far as frustrating goes Rolston has Clarkson beat by a mile in that department imo.

In retrospect I don't think the 2nd was as bad as it first looked but overall this was a decent game. I just can't see why they tail off so much in 2nd periods. Its every game, some worse then others. Maybe its stupid but could a change to the other end of the ice have that much of an impact. The 1st and 3rd compared to the 2nd was like night and day.

Edited by SickMan

You call yourself a fan? You're a fraud. Anybody who is that preoccupied with one individual, I mean I really don't even know what to say. You even pretend to think you actually know thy guy personally.

+100000.

So frustrating to read these GDT's, if it's not LD then it's someone else who doesn't grasp the concept of a team sport. I can't comprehend how someone would think that a deflected shot and a breakaway are soft goals.

I can't tell if LD's being sarcastic, or just is really that blindly devoted to starting a Brodeur argument in every single GDT.

It's getting old. Fast.

Nice win Devils. They played a pretty good 3rd period and to win the game. Good to see parise starting to score his goals now and hopefully Bergfors will have the goals coming for him too. Devils still need to work on their special teams as their PK was not too good on the 1st PK. Brodeur played very well in the 3rd to get the win. Now the Devils have to wait until next year to play the Rangers again sometime in January @ MSG.

Great play by White late in the game when he busted up that breakaway.

Figured he deserves some props for that -- especially considering all the flak he gets when he fvcks up.

I didn't catch who that was at first but that was a ridiculous play. He could have easily given up on that play. Speaking of that breakaway there were way to many passes that were able to get through the middle of the ice.

Edited by SickMan

Yeah Clarkson passed up, no pun intended, on a few opportunities where a pass would have been better then just holding on to the puck . As far as frustrating goes Rolston has Clarkson beat by a mile in that department imo.

In retrospect I don't think the 2nd was as bad as it first looked but overall this was a decent game. I just can't see why they tail off so much in 2nd periods. Its every game, some worse then others. Maybe its stupid but could a change to the other end of the ice have that much of an impact. The 1st and 3rd compared to the 2nd was like night and day.

the second was really bad. they might have had 1 or 2 scoring chances and could barely make a line change. they broke up some plays and some saves were made or it could have been much worse. I don't understand what it is about the second and the lack of ability to even make a line change, let alone play hockey

Woooo!!!

Nice win against the Blueskirts despite a horrible 2nd period. The D did a good job stopping some scoring opportunities and that was important. The Powerplay still needs to get better but I feel Elias will help a lot when he comes back. Also nice job Bergie and Zubie on your respective goals!

PS - I hate how the Rags fans chant Marty after every little goal. Are they retarded it's 2-0 and you just made it 2-1 why are you chanting Marty? And when you can't score on a mistake by Marty there's no need to start chanting Marty. It's just plain stupid.

PS - I hate how the Rags fans chant Marty after every little goal. Are they retarded it's 2-0 and you just made it 2-1 why are you chanting Marty? And when you can't score on a mistake by Marty there's no need to start chanting Marty. It's just plain stupid.

I really don't understand their chants either. People complain about our "Rangers suck" chants (which admittedly are sometimes done in extremely boneheaded situations), but I think their Marty and Henrik chants are 10x worse. As you said, every time Brodeur so much as misses a pass, they start chanting, even if their team is down. Same with the Henrik chants - every time he makes the most routine save, they chant his name. I understand they're trying to support their team, but it's very homerish in my book.

I think the real victory here is that there were no too many men penalties.

No, but in all seriousness, a great game by the Devils. Offense really was on their toes tonight, capitalizing on every loose puck and turnover the Rangers gave them. Maybe they didn't score on every one, but they had lots of chances. And Brodeur had a good game in the back end, sealing the deal.