GDT: Devils @ Penguins

Colin226

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win, but the injuries are scary. Hopefully Martin and Pando get back fast. Pando looked bad.

very solid game overall by the devils. fraser didn't look out of place at all. and i really like the way our forwards have been playing. they seem to be getting goals now as opposed to being snake bit early on.

fvck rupper taking out pando. looks like halischuk will get in next game. hopefully martin is ok too.

Best game of the season by the Devils, looked in control at almost all times, except on the shutout-breaking goal when the play broke down and they didn't manage to clear quickly. They only gave the Penguins a few stints at sustained pressure, came through on the PK and the PP, Bergfors nets number two, Fraser played solid (goal what lol?) and everyone looked decent. Jamie is officially the new Most Snakebitten Player, taking that from Parise, whose goal was fantabulous tonight.

Pando hurt. Not good. I think we can make do when Elias hits the lineup though.

after the first ten minutes, they owned that game. which is pretty surprising considering how easily they were handled for the first ten minutes.

they could have had 6-7 tonight and pretty much shut down the Pens. can't go wrong with that.

don't like the potential of Paul Martin's first mental health break coming already. there's someone who needs HGH or something. Pando looked clearly seriously hurt, not as bad as last time, but still bad

Edited by maxpower

Best all around game by the Devils thus far this season as they dismantle Pittsburgh tonight 4-1. Brodeur was strong tonight along with the Devils PK. The Devils lone PP got a goal tonight as everything was clicking for the Devils in this game.

Pittsburgh ends their 7-game winning streak and the Devils stay unbeaten on the road @ 5-0! Devils defense was solid tonight and not a bad game for Fraser in his 1st game of the season after a long 2-years not playing in the NHL. Nice goal there to ice the game by Parise. that backhander was amazing.

Nice Job Devs! Great game and great win! Bergie is playing well now but Rolston hasn't been the guy we hoped he would be which saddens me. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with Pando and Martin. Nice job by Fraser to score the D's first gooal. I'd like to see Oduya or Martin score now. Also the Pens fans piss me off. They are such fvcking whiners, they bitch and boo about every stoppage of play.

solid game, although i will say that malkin really was never in the game. nice to score 4 when you get 1 chance on the power play, yet again. looks like the devils are going to be last again by a significant margin in penalties drawn.

I'm not taking a thing away from the Devils tonight, as they played a terrific game, and after starting off 0-2 I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE here would have signed up for winning 6 out of the next 7. But this was one of those "law of averages"-type games to me...it's hard to get up for all 82 games on the schedule, and though Pittsburgh had moments, this was one of those days where they just didn't have it. They were on a long winning streak and had lost just one game this season...they were bound to lose eventually; of course, you could argue the other way, that the Devils are due to lose a road game soon. A respectable 2 G and 3 A from Bergfors so far in 9 GP...great for Niclas.

you think murphy gets the call up? i wasn't sure only because lemaire didn't seem too happy with his play at all, though i don't know who else they would call up.

if it was a legitimate gig, it would probably be Eckford. I don't see a broken arm as a "maybe" injury, though.... guess we'll have to wait and see. short term, I would guess no one, if Motts can play.

I'm not taking a thing away from the Devils tonight, as they played a terrific game, and after starting off 0-2 I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE here would have signed up for winning 6 out of the next 7. But this was one of those "law of averages"-type games to me...it's hard to get up for all 82 games on the schedule, and though Pittsburgh had moments, this was one of those days where they just didn't have it. They were on a long winning streak and had lost just one game this season...they were bound to lose eventually; of course, you could argue the other way, that the Devils are due to lose a road game soon. A respectable 2 G and 3 A from Bergfors so far in 9 GP...great for Niclas.

The "Law of Averages" doesn't apply when you look at a single game. If you look at a bunch of games, sure, they're bound to lose one. But when looking at a single game, the team's play is really independent of other previous games.