GDT: NJ Devils @ Boston Bruins

Colin226

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW he isn't this season.

Just out of curiosity (because I'm not actually expecting a well thought out response), who would you, all-knowing LD, rank above brodeur thus far in the very young season? How do you go about ranking goalies this early? How can you justify this claim?

Danis played extremely well. Props to Yann. The Devils are getting numerous chances to score but I think the slight variation of lines from game to game is hurting the team. I really didn't like the Rolston-Zajac-Pikkarainen line. I'm really banking on Elias coming back and solidifying the top two lines and firing up the PP. On another note I hope nothing is bad with Oduya. We can't afford another injury. Even though Oduya hasn't played his best hockey this season, if he's out it'll hurt our D.

Nice strong game by Yann Danis tonight and congratulations to him on winning his 1st game of the season as well as the Devils still unbeaten on the road @ 6-0. Tonight was a lot better than what we all saw last night and another strong game by Andy Greene and yet another injury to a Devils Dman, this time Johnny Oduya with a "lower body injury.' I hope he is not too bad and hopefyully will be back by Saturday afternon in Tampa Bay or it could get ugly with the Devils Dmen. Nice goal by Zubrus to put the Devils up for good in the game with 1:26 to go in the 3rd. Thought for sure it was going to go into OT the way they were (mostly Boston) playing late in the 3rd there.

Lemaire's really starting to piss me off with the lines.

How can you call rolston-zajac-pikka your 2nd line???

I understand he's trying to get rolston going but don't punish bergfors who's been great lately by making him play with neids and clarky on the 3rd line.

Bergfors really can fly with the puck.

Also you can put any 2 forwards with parise and it'll always be the best line.

Although andrew peters might have something to say about that - he is pathetic. He's so slow it seems like when he hits he just uses his arms cause he has no head of steam.

Defensively oduya's been pretty bad lately but an injury won't help anybody.

Fraser seems to be holding his own and has proven he can be a stopgap 5th or 6th d-man.

Andy greene looks so good rushing the puck up ice. Too bad he doesn't have all that good of vision.

Definitly a nice rebound win after last nites pathetic showing against the sabres.

Looks like colin is 3-0 doing the GDTs

Lemaire's really starting to piss me off with the lines.

How can you call rolston-zajac-pikka your 2nd line???

I understand he's trying to get rolston going but don't punish bergfors who's been great lately by making him play with neids and clarky on the 3rd line.

Bergfors really can fly with the puck.

Also you can put any 2 forwards with parise and it'll always be the best line.

Although andrew peters might have something to say about that - he is pathetic. He's so slow it seems like when he hits he just uses his arms cause he has no head of steam.

Defensively oduya's been pretty bad lately but an injury won't help anybody.

Fraser seems to be holding his own and has proven he can be a stopgap 5th or 6th d-man.

Andy greene looks so good rushing the puck up ice. Too bad he doesn't have all that good of vision.

Definitly a nice rebound win after last nites pathetic showing against the sabres.

Looks like colin is 3-0 doing the GDTs

Why is sticking Bergfors with Clarkson and Niedermayer punishment. Those two guys have been great so far this season, especially Clarkson. It ended up working and led to the first goal.

Why is sticking Bergfors with Clarkson and Niedermayer punishment. Those two guys have been great so far this season, especially Clarkson. It ended up working and led to the first goal.

this is gonna sound really nitpicky and someone who knows more about hockey tactics can correct me if i'm wrong but it really seemed like bergfors and clarkson did not communicate well at all on that goal and that clarkson was very lucky to be in the wrong place when the puck squirted through. actually, it sure looked like clarkson kind of threw his head back when he didn't get the puck passed to him and then found himself going right by the goalie with the puck right there behind him. someone there has to be ready for a rebound - neither player was on that play. had thomas put it front of him (which he will a huge % of the time), both guys were just going to streak right by the net.

Edited by Triumph

this is gonna sound really nitpicky and someone who knows more about hockey tactics can correct me if i'm wrong but it really seemed like bergfors and clarkson did not communicate well at all on that goal and that clarkson was very lucky to be in the wrong place when the puck squirted through. actually, it sure looked like clarkson kind of threw his head back when he didn't get the puck passed to him and then found himself going right by the goalie with the puck right there behind him. someone there has to be ready for a rebound - neither player was on that play. had thomas put it front of him (which he will a huge % of the time), both guys were just going to streak right by the net.

Thomas looked awkward a few times tonight didnt he? The unseen hand!