Brick City Cafe

Colin226

This could go in the "food around the rock" thread but I figured since it's new I'd write a little piece about it since I loved it but not many people seem to stop in there..

Menu: Great selection of various coffees, other hot drinks, and juices. It's pretty similar to Starbucks. They also have specials for the season (right now is Pumpkin Spice Latte and Carmel Apple Latte for autumn). They also offer a good array of desserts as well as pre-made sandwiches and salads. The brownie blew me away!

Prices: Fantastic prices! It's Starbucks quality coffee at a much much lower price. After games they even offer their signature "Brick City Latte" at $2 for the regular size. I'll be stopping there for that deal after almost every home game from now on. The food is also extremely well priced.

Quality: Like I said, it's premium stuff at a very low price. You really can't beat the value

Atmosphere: It's small and quiet, which is nice after an intense game of hockey. They have a Parise autographed picture on the wall as well as 2 TV's and pictures of Newark. Bathrooms are also very clean.

Overall: I give it a 5 out of 5 stars. This place is a gem and it's amazing that it's not packed after every game (probably because it hasn't caught on yet). The prices makes the food/drinks a steal! Plus, that post-game $2 latte special is fantastic. I really encourage everyone to check it out before or after the next home game. You will definitely go back.

Anyone else that has been there care to comment?

I just want to note in this thread that the Frozen Hot Chocolate is maybe a quarter of a step down from the FHC at Serendipity III in NYC. Which means it's DAMN GOOD FHC, and far more accessible on a regular basis than Serendipity is.

I want to try other coffee drinks, I really really do...but I walk in there and all I think is frozen hot chocolate.

I just want to note in this thread that the Frozen Hot Chocolate is maybe a quarter of a step down from the FHC at Serendipity III in NYC. Which means it's DAMN GOOD FHC, and far more accessible on a regular basis than Serendipity is.

I want to try other coffee drinks, I really really do...but I walk in there and all I think is frozen hot chocolate.

You just chose tonight's post-game drink for me!!

Overall: I give it a 5 out of 5 stars. This place is a gem and it's amazing that it's not packed after every game (probably because it hasn't caught on yet).

That and most of the people who exit out by the buses have a train to catch back at Broad Street so it's not like you get the milling around crowd over there.

I saw a few people there before the game the last time I walked by but it was around six so it might actually get packed closer to gametime. I do like the place, I asked how late they were open and they said a half hour or so after events.

• 4 weeks later...