!1-- 100 points seasons

LucifersDog

I think you almost have to go further than that. We always talk about keeping competition level in all sports and maintaining the importance of the regular season so yes I think Lou's record is very important. I would go even further to the fact at how good we have been at home over the past decade in a half. I remember the Star Ledger or Record pointing out during the Nets run how high of a probability it would be that you would see a win if you were at a game. So yes we are fans and fans want their teams to win and as long as we have a regular season, Lou's record is relevant for producing winners that us the fans can route for.

As I posted in my blog, you need look no further than Carolina to see that sustained success does mean something. Anyone can get lucky for a year (and they seem to do so once every three years) but it takes something special to have the kind of organization the Devils and Red Wings have had in the NHL. That should never been understated, even if 'only' two of the eleven hundred-point seasons ultimately led to Cups.

It's same the kind of entitlement I hate about Yankee fans - nine looong years since their last World Series, it was the same crap around here last playoffs too, Lou hasn't cut it since the lockout just because they lose a close series and Sutter turns out to be a weenie. Twenty-four teams have had a longer 'drought', some much longer (snicker Leafs snicker).

Edited by Hasan4978