Get Rid of 'You Suck'

pattyelias

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we need another thread about it.

And the "Rangers Suck" chants, yeah, that too.

Ooh, ooh, pick me. Can someone please start a new "My idea for lines" thread?

wow thanks for yet another meta-comment. what would i ever do without you around to point out everyone's shortcomings?

and yes, this is way worse than the rangers suck chant and has to go ASAP.

wow thanks for yet another meta-comment. what would i ever do without you around to point out everyone's shortcomings?

It is classless, old and inappropriate when we are not playing the Rangers. When playing the Rags...go for it!

i seem to disagree. i rather chant you suck after a goal, versus chanting rangers suck when were losing by 2 goals or looking extremely flat. but to each its own, i just stand up, give high fives..

but what i dont hear a lot of this year ( 5 out of 7 home games) is the powerplay goal to sam rosen( which is old, but i like doing that one) and the D-E-V-I-L-S after a goal...

but what i dont hear a lot of this year ( 5 out of 7 home games) is the powerplay goal to sam rosen( which is old, but i like doing that one) and the D-E-V-I-L-S after a goal...

208/9 does the Sam Rosen chant when there actually is a powerplay goal which is few and far between. Security has even told the two sections that we can't drop the f'bomb. My mom, as well as a few people I know, have even heard it on tv. The D-E-V-I-L-S one is done roughly in the second and third periods over by the "crazies" but it's really quiet and no one really catches on til the clapping starts.

It is classless, old and inappropriate when we are not playing the Rangers. When playing the Rags...go for it!

it just seems bush league when it's not actually against the Rangers. It's just giving them ammo to mock us with

It's not going to just go away. And I really don't think it's as bad as you guys say. Classless? Come on. It's a hockey game, what do you expect us to chant?

"HEY! You-almost-stopped-that-one-but-we-are-able-to-get-it-past-you-still-good-try-though!

HEY! Good-effort-opponents-keep-your-chin-up-we're-all-winners-here!"

etc.

Ok yeah, maybe the "You suck!" chant is a little old, but it's not THAT bad. It's not like we're chanting "F*** YOU!" during our goal song (actually, that'd be kinda funny if you think about it :giggle:). And it's not going to just go away, unless they change the goal song.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

208/9 does the Sam Rosen chant when there actually is a powerplay goal which is few and far between. Security has even told the two sections that we can't drop the f'bomb. My mom, as well as a few people I know, have even heard it on tv. The D-E-V-I-L-S one is done roughly in the second and third periods over by the "crazies" but it's really quiet and no one really catches on til the clapping starts.

225/6 does stuff too :unsure:

225/6 does stuff too :unsure:

When we were in the Press Box over your section we heard some girl keep trying to get the Let's Go Devils thing going. 208/9 is louder and way funnier. You know this. :D

It is classless and stupid. Change the goal song.

Rangers suck, I couldn't care less about, at least it's specific. Yea it's stupid when we're not playing the Rangers, but whatever, I've gotten used to it.

The You Suck after goals. Why can't we celebrate without being retarded? If we could get the same people to make noise during the game "Marty" chants, "Zach Par-i-se" chants would be nice every so often.

I'm all for yelling "You suck!" at any point during the game if one or more of the other team's players is being a pest or an agitator or an ass.

But when we score a goal, I'm more into cheering and celebrating with our players. ... Chanting "You suck!" right after we score a goal just doesn't make much sense. From what I can figure, I guess the fans do it because it sounds funny?

And I agree that we need to cheer our own players a lot more than we do now -- like chanting players names and stuff. I've been saying that for years. Actually, we were doing it a lot last season -- especially as Marty was going for the record.

Just my opinion.

it's negative. that is my problem. it emphasizes the fact that the other team gave up a goal instead of the fact that our team scored. and one wonders why there are so many negative fans around here - our fan base is obsessed with being not-rangers and not-team-that-just-got-scored-on.

i get the douchechills every time i am at a game after a goal is scored. shouldn't happen like that.

The best was when we were losing to the Flyers on opening night 5-0, and a goal to make it 5-1 brought about the wonderful 'You Suck' chant. I think the whole chant is stupid overall, but even if you like it, have a fvcking clue of when to say it.

yea id dint even do you suck there since i knew no way in hell we were coming back. so didnt really celebrate just little happy.