Court ruling sends Atlantic Yards project forward

Rock

And they can force people out of their homes as well? Wow...

They (courts and gov't) have been able to do this for 200 years. They are trying to do the same out near the New Shea. Want to take over all those chopshops and turn it into bars, baseball themed shops, etc.

As far as the Nets in Brooklyn, I think they would do very well when the team is good. I truly believe that NY is a band-wagon type of town when it comes to Basketball and although there are die-hard Knicks fans, I think most are casual fans and are fans of basketball in general moreso than the Knicks. They would go watch the Nets when the Nets are good and the Knicks are lousy. If the Nets were in Brooklyn during the Jason Kidd years, their tickets would have been like the Knicks tickets were in the '90's.

If this doesn't go through for the Nets, they are gonna have a hard time winning the fans back with their desire to leave Jersey. For their sake, they better hope they are in Brooklyn in the next 5 years.

And they can force people out of their homes as well? Wow...

Just wait till NJ Transit starts pushing forward some projects, or till the LIRR starts building the 3rd track between Queens and Hickville. Thats gonna get reaaaaaal fun with the eminent domain stuff.

If this doesn't go through for the Nets, they are gonna have a hard time winning the fans back with their desire to leave Jersey. For their sake, they better hope they are in Brooklyn in the next 5 years.

Exactly, and don't think that there are thousands of fans in Brooklyn waiting for them. They are a team without a fanbase right now.

Personally the whole thing feels like a kick in the pants. I almost wish we could just throw them out, tell them to deal with MSG or Long Island. This is nothing short of spitting in the face of any NJ fans they ever had. This is not the Giants/Jets or the Yankees/Mets who were all originally Ny teams. This is taking one of the few teams that was actually ours. I hope the RATMAN gets hit by a truck on his bs land grab.

Exactly, and don't think that there are thousands of fans in Brooklyn waiting for them. They are a team without a fanbase right now.

I was watching The Knicks/Nets game Sat afternoon and couldn't help notice all the empty seast. You think it's because both teams are dreadful or is it that the Nets don't draw? Did they draw when they were making all those finals a few years back?

I was watching The Knicks/Nets game Sat afternoon and couldn't help notice all the empty seast. You think it's because both teams are dreadful or is it that the Nets don't draw? Did they draw when they were making all those finals a few years back?

-Both

-About as much as the Devils were. Few sellouts until the latter stages of the playoffs.

Personally the whole thing feels like a kick in the pants. I almost wish we could just throw them out, tell them to deal with MSG or Long Island. This is nothing short of spitting in the face of any NJ fans they ever had. This is not the Giants/Jets or the Yankees/Mets who were all originally Ny teams. This is taking one of the few teams that was actually ours. I hope the RATMAN gets hit by a truck on his bs land grab.

the Nets were originally a New York team. I think they even played a year or two of NBA basketball in Nassau, before they moved to the RAC.

the Nets were originally a New York team. I think they even played a year or two of NBA basketball in Nassau, before they moved to the RAC.

Well technically, the team started out in the ABA in 1966 as the New Jersey Americans, playing in Teaneck. After that, in 1967, they moved to Long Island, New York, signed Dr. J, won two titles, merged into the NBA in 1976 and then moved to Piscataway, New Jersey, in 1977 and then East Rutherford in 1981. ... Or something like that.

Sorry, but you are wrong. The Nets are orginally a New Jersey team and played at the Armory building in Teaneck (Bergen County) before moving to Commack, Long Island for a couple of seasons and then returning to NJ to play at The RAC. In fact the NBA commissioner, David Stern, beacame a basketball fan by attnding Nets games in Teaneck.