FYI cheap authentics

threestars

Between that site and another one in Chia, I bought about 14 pro football jerseys at about $22 apiece.

My uncle picked up a bunch of these knockoff football jerseys too. It took me about two seconds to notice the font for the 6 was way off on his Mark Sanchez throwback jersey.

If the price looks too good to be true, it probably is. Unless you don't mind walking around in crapfully-made bogus knockoff jerseys.

I'm starting to see way too many people at games wearing these knockoff jerseys.

I'm not sure if they are unaware that the jerseys are knockoffs or they just buy them because they are so much cheaper and "close enough" that the jerseys justify the savings compared to a real licensed jersey.

I see them and think "Either you're too careless/stupid to not realize you're wearing something that in no way replicates what that player is wearing, or you're too cheap to even be at this game"

I see them and think "Either you're too careless/stupid to not realize you're wearing something that in no way replicates what that player is wearing, or you're too cheap to even be at this game"

You need to understand that people see fully stitched jerseys w/ fight straps and see an awesome deal. which obv it is. I just think some care too much. It like when you see some rich snobby girl see another girl w/ a fake gucci or louis vuitton bag and gets pissed that she's even wearing it. Maybe they're not cheap but they rather spend they're money on other things .IDK

My uncle picked up a bunch of these knockoff football jerseys too. It took me about two seconds to notice the font for the 6 was way off on his Mark Sanchez throwback jersey.

My Sanchez Titans blue is perfect.

Out of 14 jersey's bought.......one problem, that's it.

You need to understand that people see fully stitched jerseys w/ fight straps and see an awesome deal. which obv it is. I just think some care too much. It like when you see some rich snobby girl see another girl w/ a fake gucci or louis vuitton bag and gets pissed that she's even wearing it. Maybe they're not cheap but they rather spend they're money on other things .IDK

Yeah it's just that the knockoffs are quite an eyesore and I don't even try to look for them.. Just hits me in the face.. But hey I totally respect supporting the team.. A knockoff is better than nothing in my book especially if it's all you can afford

• 2 weeks later...

i support the knockoff because $300 for a jersey with stitching on the numbers/name is a ripoff in my eyes. oh and take a minute to google earth one of those knockoff chinese factories and the location of the "official" jersey factory. my friend did and wouldnt you know it, they are on the same street. i have way better things to do with $300, but for $40 one can sit in the stands and represent with a smile. i mean if you/i have the extra cash than buy official all the way, but for those that dont its the best option out there for something most folks wear only when they attend a game or watching on the couch at home. oh and you can take the cash you saved and buy a beer and a dog at the rock. i guess to each their own, and so on!

i support the knockoff because $300 for a jersey with stitching on the numbers/name is a ripoff in my eyes. oh and take a minute to google earth one of those knockoff chinese factories and the location of the "official" jersey factory. my friend did and wouldnt you know it, they are on the same street. i have way better things to do with $300, but for $40 one can sit in the stands and represent with a smile. i mean if you/i have the extra cash than buy official all the way, but for those that dont its the best option out there for something most folks wear only when they attend a game or watching on the couch at home. oh and you can take the cash you saved and buy a beer and a dog at the rock. i guess to each their own, and so on!

You don't need to spend $300, there's people selling officially licensed jerseys on ebay and wherever all the time for much cheaper, especially the pre-Edge ones which are better quality anyway.

As for purses, I destroy things and would rather a knockoff any day. I have better things to do with $400, like pay bills. I'd rather pay $40 in Chinatown and know that if I rip it, it was well worth it. As for the jerseys, my brother gave me a Brodeur knockoff. I never wear it because I know the difference in the material. My sister wears it and I can care less if she destroys it or not. I was told by someone who works for Coach, that a lot of the knockoffs (both purses and jerseys) all come from the same area. It's basically the same materials, just a batch can be off by color, texture or was stitched wrong so they toss them which often gets put in the "knockoff" pile and sold for cheaper.

I mean, I don't personally like the way the knockoff is made but I'm not gonna point someone out and ruin it for them. That's just plain rude and a tad bit snobby.

Buying knockoff jerseys is just plain asinine.

To say it's too expensive to buy the real thing is ignorant. There are plenty of deals on official licensed jerseys on eBay, retail store clearances, internet outlets and from your fellow fans here on this very site. All it takes is some time to look around, patience and not the instant gratification in buying a knockoff.

Speaking of instant gratification, what happened to wanting something and saving up for it? When i was a working high school/college kid or young adult, if i wanted something, i put aside $ towards whatever it is i wanted and got it when i could afford to. Whatever happened to earning something and sacrificing for it?

Edited by SJP20

To say it's too expensive to buy the real thing is ignorant. There are plenty of deals on official licensed jerseys on eBay, retail store clearances, internet outlets and from your fellow fans here on this very site. All it takes is some time to look around, patience and not the instant gratification in buying a knockoff.

Speaking of instant gratification, what happened to wanting something and saving up for it? When i was a working high school/college kid or young adult, if i wanted something, i put aside $ towards whatever it is i wanted and got it when i could afford to. Whatever happened to earning something and sacrificing for it?

Why is asinine? There are knockoffs that are almost perfect out there. Sure some sites are brutal, but there are some very good ones out there. How do you even know what is real and not real on eBay? There could be a seller with a 99.7% positive feedback and have 3-4 people giving negative feedback saying they can tell the difference and know it's fake. There is so much fake stuff out there, it's almost impossible to know what's real or not anymore.

But to say it's too expensive is ignorant? Give me a break. These things are beyond overpriced. And what happens if you are in high school and college and have to pay for school and books? I am sure everyone is saving up for things, but they might be more important than a jersey, like a house or paying rent, or a car. I know you love jerseys and all, but if I found someone who was selling a near perfect Devils jersey for $65 bucks, I'd probably buy it. And maybe a few people could pull out a magnifying glass and point out a few things wrong, but I know I can have $235 to spend on more important things, and at the same time I could support my team. And what about the kid who saves up all his birthday and holiday money only to buy a Hossa Red Wings jersey or a Dany Healtey Sens jersey only to have that person off the team less than a year later.

Some people just want to support their team any way possible without giving an arm and a leg.

Why is asinine? There are knockoffs that are almost perfect out there. Sure some sites are brutal, but there are some very good ones out there.

I've never seen a Devils knockoff that is "almost perfect". If you know what you are looking for, that is. At the next home game, look at the guy wearing the darker red Langenbrunner/Brodeur/Elias jersey with wider black stripes, different #'s and puffy crest and have him stand next to a real licensed jersey and you'll quickly see the difference.

How do you even know what is real and not real on eBay? There could be a seller with a 99.7% positive feedback and have 3-4 people giving negative feedback saying they can tell the difference and know it's fake. There is so much fake stuff out there, it's almost impossible to know what's real or not anymore.

How do you know what is real and what is not? Do some homework and familiarize yourself with what is out there. Ask questions! The pictures on eBay listings say alot. Buying from a licensed apparel retailer is also a big plus.

Besides, if someone is selling an "authentic" Brodeur jersey they claim is the real thing for $40, wouldn't a caution flag go up? You need not know anything about sports apparel or have just basic retail shopping knowledge to think that isn't sounding right.

But to say it's too expensive is ignorant? Give me a break. These things are beyond overpriced. And what happens if you are in high school and college and have to pay for school and books? I am sure everyone is saving up for things, but they might be more important than a jersey, like a house or paying rent, or a car.

Again, there are plenty of good deals if you take some time, patience and effort to do so.

I know you love jerseys and all, but if I found someone who was selling a near perfect Devils jersey for $65 bucks, I'd probably buy it. And maybe a few people could pull out a magnifying glass and point out a few things wrong, but I know I can have $235 to spend on more important things, and at the same time I could support my team.

With Devils knockoffs, no magnifying glass is needed. It's right in plain sight.

There are fans here on this forum that sometimes sell jerseys cheap or at good prices and people on eBay are selling/auctioning officially licensed jerseys for good deals. Plus there are retail and internet outlets clearancing all the time, so are you buying from them? If not, why? Why settle for a knockoff when you can take some time to find the real thing for a fraction of retail?

I have authentic RBK pre-Edge jerseys that were Devils team returns for $90 shipped. There's a good deal if i ever saw it.

And what about the kid who saves up all his birthday and holiday money only to buy a Hossa Red Wings jersey or a Dany Healtey Sens jersey only to have that person off the team less than a year later.

Some people just want to support their team any way possible without giving an arm and a leg.

That's the nature of the thing in today's sports culture. At my local Modell's there are $80 football jerseys on clearance for $20. Brett Favre Jets being one of them.

Besides, if you like the player, and you think enough of him to buy his jersey why should it matter when he leaves the team? All of a sudden you don't like him because he's not wearing your team's jersey? If that's a concern, buy blank.

You can support your team without giving an arm or a leg if you are dilligent and patient enough to find deals and take advantage of them.

Edited by SJP20

I've never seen a "very good" Devils knockoff that is "almost perfect". Ever. If you know what you are looking for, that is. At the next home game, look at the guy wearing the darker red Langenbrunner jersey with wider black stripes, different #'s and puffy crest and have him stand next to a licensed Langenbrunner and you'll quickly see the difference.

I can see we are not going to agree but I will say a couple of things. Not everyone is you. You are clearly a jersey connoisseur. You could probably pick out the smallest details that 99% of people would never be able to. But you will fine great fakes out there just like you will find nice fake Lacoste or LV bags or whatever else.

How do you know what is real and what is not? Do some homework and familiarize yourself with what is out there. The pictures on eBay listings say alot. Buying from a licensed apparel retailer is also a big plus.

Many people might not know from a picture what is fake or not. Again you are an expert. The average person might have never touched a new RBK jersey in his life and could certainly not tell from a picture.

It's not brain surgery. If someone is selling an "authentic" Brodeur jersey they claim is the real thing for $40, wouldn't a caution flag go up? You need not know anything about sports apparel at all not to think that isn't sounding right.

Of course a caution flag would go up. I always go by the "if it looks too good to be true...it's too good to be true"...but maybe someone sells it for $80-100.

You didn't read where i said there are plenty of good deals and ways to not pay out of your ass for a jersey, did you?

With Devils knockoffs, no magnifying glass is needed. It's right in plain sight.

There are fans here on this forum that sometimes sell jerseys cheap or at good prices and people on eBay are selling/auctioning officially licensed jerseys for good deals, so are you buying them? If not, why? Why settle for a knockoff when you can take some time to find the real thing for a fraction of retail?

If you are unsure if a jersey you are interested in is real or fake, ask questions here and learn.

I have authentic RBK pre-Edge jerseys that were Devils team returns for $90 shipped. There's a good deal if i ever saw it.

You are talking to me like I need the lesson. I am not talking about myself but anyone else out there. The average guy doesn't have message boards to read or people on message boards to buy jersey's off of. I honestly believe it's still hard to find what is real and what's not. I know someone who told a bunch of friends that he had a connection to sell real NHL jerseys for $85-90 bucks which apparently you think can be done but it was sniffed out and they turned out fakes. You never know. You can do a ton of research but still get a fake one anyway. I bet a lot of the people you see at The Rock thought they bought a real jersey but it was a fake. And I bet they can't tell the difference and no one else has or told them.

People look for cheap items all the time. It's how it works. If it's jerseys or getting something on Canal Street. Everyone has their own reasons so I don't think it's fair to just dismiss the whole thing as asinine. Again, you might be broke and just want to support your team.

That's the nature of the thing in today's sports culture. There are $80 football jerseys on clearance for $20, Brett Favre Jets being one of them.

Besides, if you like the player, and you think enough of him to buy his jersey why should it matter when he leaves the team? All of a sudden you don't like him because he's not wearing your team's jersey? If that's a concern, buy blank.

You can support your team without giving an arm or a leg if you are dilligent and patient enough to find deals and take advantage of them.

You talk about cheap jerseys in stores. 95% of the time it is a Brett Favre Jets jersey for $50 or a Heatley jersey. But players leave on bad terms. I'd feel bad for anyone who spent $300 on Healtey or was still wearing a Gomez Devils jersey. What about a Pronger Oilers jersey. You could probably come up with some rebuttal for anything I say but it's not as easy as you think. Again you could be broke or have more important expenses. Maybe you live in some small town and have never had the opportunity to see a jersey in person to know what it looks like so you have no idea exactly what you are looking for online.

I will agree that you do just wanna laugh when someone is wearing such an obvious fake jersey but again most of them are probably not very obvious to anyone other than you or people that share your passion.

That's the nature of the thing in today's sports culture. At my local Modell's there are $80 football jerseys on clearance for $20. Brett Favre Jets being one of them.

Buying blank jerseys and having them customized (by someone who knows what they're doing) is the best way to go. It takes some time of course, but depending on where you send it, it can save you money and unlike the factory-customized jerseys you can always have it stripped and recustomized if the player goes somewhere else.

Ken I almost always agree with you. But not here. You know me, I wouldn't buy a knockoff. But someone who doesn't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a jersey can surely get a knock off and that person isn't ignorant for it. The knockoffs go for around 50$... If you want to buy an authentic, they are 299$ BLANK and then another 75 to customize and at least 10 to ship. Who has 400$ to spend on a jersey (besides you haha). I understand your position as a collector so you are more adamant about these things.

Also. I can send you on a little project to prove my point. I'm not wealthy. Sure I have a full time job but most of my money goes towards bills, hockey tickets, and making sure Jamie and I have dinner on a nightly basis... I'd really like a Devils RBK Edge Zubrus jersey. Find me one on the internet where I can get a huge deal so I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars. You probably can't. It doesn't exist.

Ken I almost always agree with you. But not here. You know me, I wouldn't buy a knockoff. But someone who doesn't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a jersey can surely get a knock off and that person isn't ignorant for it. The knockoffs go for around 50$... If you want to buy an authentic, they are 299$ BLANK and then another 75 to customize and at least 10 to ship. Who has 400$ to spend on a jersey (besides you haha). I understand your position as a collector so you are more adamant about these things.

Andrew, that's where patience comes in. As i said a few times, patience and diligence is a key to buying this stuff. You need not be wealthy to buy an authentic jersey or a replica, etc. All it takes is the time to look around and shop. Eventually, you're going to find what you want.

On top of that, sometimes saving and sacrifice is needed and i don't mean sacrifice in a sense of choosing jerseys over food or rent lol. For instance, i'd rather put $30 away towards a game worn then go out to a bar, drink and piss away $30 worth of alcohol. That's me of course, and how i do it, but i am also in my mid-30's and spent more then my fair share of time pissing and passed out as a young adult lol.

Here's a deal. When the MGG sale started, i could have bought a game worn Zajac for less then a store bought authentic!

Also. I can send you on a little project to prove my point. I'm not wealthy. Sure I have a full time job but most of my money goes towards bills, hockey tickets, and making sure Jamie and I have dinner on a nightly basis... I'd really like a Devils RBK Edge Zubrus jersey. Find me one on the internet where I can get a huge deal so I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars. You probably can't. It doesn't exist.

The reason why you won't find a deal on Zubrus is because he's not a mass production player jersey by RBK. If he was, you probably would. Modells had 50% off Devils apparel including RBK jerseys last spring/summer.

You're better off buying a game worn of Zubrus at 50% off next summer then buy the blank shirt and letter it. It'll be cheaper to the tune of saving up to $200.

This thread has given me a good idea. Perhaps a "jersey deals" thread should be created to help those looking for replicas or authentics without breaking the bank?

Edited by SJP20

I dunno.. I really agree with Ken on this.. When I went to buy an authentic over the summer I got all excited over the $40 price tags on eBay and then looked closer at them and it was pretty obvious that these things weren't close to the real deal.. Don't just look at the price tag

Over the summer I posted a link where you could get blank edge authentics for $225.. After customization from ExclusivePro I had my fully authentic Colin 226 jersey for less than $300.. To me, that's a steal

I mean, for me, I go to so many games that it's worth it to have the authentic at an extra cost but I can see where the 1-2 games a year fan just wants something cheaper.. Until I really got into the team and going to games I wore a small replica jersey and was happy with it

I definitely get where Ken is coming from in terms of saving up.. It's all about what is a priority to you so if you really want the authentic then my feeling is wait a month or two, check online every other day for deals, and go for it.. But don't say you want a great looking jersey and then try to cut corners with it.. Andrew is going about his Zubrus jersey the right way.. He wanted it over the summer but rather than just buying the $40 knock-off and having it quickly he is saving for an authentic and checking for good deals.. That's just smart shopping and I can't wait to have him show it off to me when he gets it

And everyone is different but I know for me I'm in college going through the financial stuff but I work constantly and since the start of the '09 summer I've paid off my season tickets, purchased and customized 2 authentic jerseys, purchased 5 Steiner Sports Devils autographs and had them custom framed, bought some other Devils decorations for my rooms at home and at school, and bought a new XBox 360 (being NJ Devils theme modded as we speak) and an HDTV for my room at school.. That's the "fun" half of the money I've had to spend.. But I made it my priority to have these things which is why I am sitting in the NJ Governor's Office right now working while I type this up and wishing I was sleeping :P

Both sides make great points here.. The great thing we can take away from this debate is that whatever your budget is you're doing the best you can to show your love and support for the team.. If the best you can do is a $40 jersey from Hong Kong then I completely support it, but if you can delay the purchase and you have the resources/ability to save up for the nicer authentic then go for it!! I'll high five the guy wearing the cheapest looking knock-off any day of the week after a Devils goal :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.